Press Forward

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Not necessarily. A heart that is so inert toward the sanctity of life, toward how God feels about humanity is apostate and in need of salvation.

A born again Christian can commit other sins like lying or venting anger or cursing, but as long as they have remorse AND DO NOT DEFEND IT OR THEIR RIGHT TO COMMIT IT as some do with abortion and homosexuality, you are dealing with a different 'animal".

James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

I think this attitude is the problem. People act like homosexuality and abortion are such abominations agaist God that they forget the other things that the Lord hates. People commit sins every day, and frequently defend their right to do so. Oh, the examples I could site just from this very board. The examples I could tell you from my very own life. Guess we are all apostate. :noidea:

Proverbs 6

16 There are six things the LORD hates,

seven that are detestable to him:

17 haughty eyes,

a lying tongue,

hands that shed innocent blood,

18 a heart that devises wicked schemes,

feet that are quick to rush into evil,

19 a false witness who pours out lies

and a man who stirs up dissension among brothers.

1 John 1

8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives.

btw ~ apostate - 1.a person who forsakes his religion, cause, party, etc.

A born again C hristian knows when he sins because of the Holy Spirit. A person who claims Christ, yet defends and approves of any sin, especially those like homosexuality and abortion, do not know Christ.

You cannot approve sin and be saved.

Are you saying that the second after a person is saved they will be aware of each and every sin in their lives?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  132
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Not necessarily. A heart that is so inert toward the sanctity of life, toward how God feels about humanity is apostate and in need of salvation.

A born again Christian can commit other sins like lying or venting anger or cursing, but as long as they have remorse AND DO NOT DEFEND IT OR THEIR RIGHT TO COMMIT IT as some do with abortion and homosexuality, you are dealing with a different 'animal".

James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

I think this attitude is the problem. People act like homosexuality and abortion are such abominations agaist God that they forget the other things that the Lord hates. People commit sins every day, and frequently defend their right to do so. Oh, the examples I could site just from this very board. The examples I could tell you from my very own life. Guess we are all apostate. :noidea:

Proverbs 6

17 haughty eyes,

a lying tongue,

1 John 1

8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives.

A born again C hristian knows when he sins because of the Holy Spirit. A person who claims Christ, yet defends and approves of any sin, especially those like homosexuality and abortion, do not know Christ.

Are you saying that the second after a person is saved they will be aware of each and every sin in their lives?

Thank you, Eric. That is certainly a valid question.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Proverbs 6

17 haughty eyes,

a lying tongue,

1 John 1

The second a person is saved, the Holy Spirit moves in. He convicts each and every Christian of sin. Are you saying He doesn't do His job well?

It's a serious step over the line to apostasy for any Christian to approve of termination of fetal life or homosexuality.

• Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Proverbs 6

17 haughty eyes,

a lying tongue,

1 John 1

The second a person is saved, the Holy Spirit moves in. He convicts each and every Christian of sin. Are you saying He doesn't do His job well?

It's a serious step over the line to apostasy for any Christian to approve of termination of fetal life or homosexuality.

I don't believe I said anything. I asked a question and am trying to understand your position. So your position is that once a person is a believer they automatically understand and have an awareness of every sin in their lives instantaneously?

• Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

Erich

Floating Axe

Yes, but it's a process of sacntification. I don't believe they will be aware of every single sin immediately. I also believe the Holy Spirit does much of this before a person is saved. Otherwise the person would feel no need to come to Christ.

I think this attitude is the problem. People act like homosexuality and abortion are such abominations agaist God that they forget the other things that the Lord hates. People commit sins every day, and frequently defend their right to do so. Oh, the examples I could site just from this very board. The examples I could tell you from my very own life. Guess we are all apostate. :13:

Proverbs 6

17 haughty eyes,

a lying tongue,

1 John 1

I don't believe I said anything. I asked a question and am trying to understand your position. So your position is that once a person is a believer they automatically understand and have an awareness of every sin in their lives instantaneously?

For the most part, yes. There are certain carnal acts that a person needs to come to realize are not God-nonouring, and that takes a bit of a process--in some cases--like drinking, smoking, gambling, etc. But acts such as homosexual sex and abortion, etc, which reveal perversity of mind, the Holy Spirit will convict in short order. I'm talking about people who would commit such acts---not those who have a philopsophical opinion about these things. In time that does change.

Erich

Floating Axe

Yes, but it's a process of sacntification. I don't believe they will be aware of every single sin immediately. I also believe the Holy Spirit does much of this before a person is saved. Otherwise the person would feel no need to come to Christ.

I accept this as well.

Guest Biblicist
Erich

Floating Axe

:13: Doesn't happen overnight. Sometimes leaps and bounds, sometimes baby steps.

Philippians 2:12 Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed

.... Doesn't happen overnight. Sometimes leaps and bounds, sometimes baby steps....

:blink:

:emot-questioned:

Step By Step

For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. Romans 1:17

And Grace By Grace

There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.

Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief. Hebrews 4:9-11

God Shapes Those Who Trust Him

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. Romans 8:15

Into The KING's Kids

For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. 1 Corinthians 13:12

Into His Children

The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. Romans 8:16-17

Resurrected

And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves,

waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body. Romans 8:23

So Trust Jesus

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Trust

Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. John 15:3-4

The WORD

Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Psalms 119:11

Hallelujah!

:emot-questioned: