carlos123

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  4

My heart leaps for joy to see God working despite disagreements. To His greather honor and glory! You all have made my day!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  997
  • Days Won:  0

If the purity of the gospel of Christ is not worth "arguing" and fighting for, what is?

I don't think he's saying that it's not worth fighting for, JM, I think he's saying that you two are disagreeing and that further discussion about it is not going to change that and is not beneficial. You may disagree about that too, but I think that it would be wise to respect that your brother does not wish to argue further in this instance. Don't worry, I'm sure you will have plenty of opportunities to argue these things with other people.

"... is not going to change that and is not beneficial."

How do you know that? Regardless, my biblical charge is to be faithful in proclaiming the message, not successful. Success is the Holy Spirit of God's responsibility.

Perhaps there is an "Agrippa" out there, who needs further persuasion, convincing, through argumentation, and a defense of the gospel of Christ:

"Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Almost thou persuadest me to be a Christian." Acts 26:28

"Don't worry, I'm sure you will have plenty of opportunities to argue these things with other people."

I have posted enough evidence , for now, to convince and satisfy anyone willing to bow to Holy Scripture, and it is for these, not necessarily Carlos, that I write; for my aim has been more to help the perplexed, and guard those already instructed, the "babes in Christ"(1 Cor. 3:1), than to convince the gainsayers.

In Christ,

John M. Whalen

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  630
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  03/09/1990

If the purity of the gospel of Christ is not worth "arguing" and fighting for, what is?

I don't think he's saying that it's not worth fighting for, JM, I think he's saying that you two are disagreeing and that further discussion about it is not going to change that and is not beneficial. You may disagree about that too, but I think that it would be wise to respect that your brother does not wish to argue further in this instance. Don't worry, I'm sure you will have plenty of opportunities to argue these things with other people.

How do you know that? Regardless, my biblical charge is to be faithful in proclaiming the message, not successful. Success is the Holy Spirit of God's responsibility.

Perhaps there is an "Agrippa" out there, who needs further persuasion, convincing, through argumentation, and a defense of the gospel of Christ:

"Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Almost thou persuadest me to be a Christian." Acts 26:28

"Don't worry, I'm sure you will have plenty of opportunities to argue these things with other people."

I have posted enough evidence , for now, to convince and satisfy anyone willing to bow to Holy Scripture, and it is for these, not necessarily Carlos, that I write; for my aim has been more to help the perplexed, and guard those already instructed, the "babes in Christ"(1 Cor. 3:1), than to convince the gainsayers.

In Christ,

John M. Whalen

After reading through your posts, I can do not much else but praise the Lord for His works through you. You do not and have not sacrificed your integrity- the integrity of the Word and the integrity of the Lord- for the sake of man or for the sake of 'earning votes'. You stand by your strong conviction to give the entire cousel of God, as it is written. You don't come as an ambassador of pride and 'knitpicking', but as a faithful servant and warrior to the Lord. Thank you John.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

In Christ,

John M. Whalen

What I'm saying is that sometimes we need to leave off arguing, especially when your point has already been made. I do personally believe that it is not beneficial to argue any further, because you both have made your points and posted evidence already. People can now decide for themselves. I think that continuing to argue after that point will only cause more strife, and what will happen besides a repetition of what has already happened? If you truly do not write these arguments to convince the gainsayers, then you should be satisfied when your point has been made, and have enough grace to leave off arguing further in the interest of peace. If you feel there is yet more to be said, it may be a good idea to start a new thread, as the OP as requested that you do not argue it further in his thread.

"Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace." Eph. 4:2-3

• Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  997

In Christ,

John M. Whalen

After reading through your posts, I can do not much else but praise the Lord for His works through you. You do not and have not sacrificed your integrity- the integrity of the Word and the integrity of the Lord- for the sake of man or for the sake of 'earning votes'. You stand by your strong conviction to give the entire cousel of God, as it is written. You don't come as an ambassador of pride and 'knitpicking', but as a faithful servant and warrior to the Lord. Thank you John.

___________-

pokemaughan,

Thank you for your "...gracious words...(Luke 4:22, Col. 4:6). "It is not in me."(Gen. 41:16).

FYE, and FYC(For Your Consideration) re. sanctification:

Consider that it is physically impossible to crucify yourself. The LORD God would have us to learn an object lesson(Roman 15:4): Not only is our salvation of the LORD, but also our sanctification is of the LORD, as it is written:

"Who shall also confirm you unto the end(my emphasis), that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Cor. 1:8

In Christ, John M. Whalen