• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

Read the entire chapter as a coherent whole. Biblical prophecy breaks down into three types of oracles, the lawsuit, the woe and the promise. This is a 'promise' oracle that looks forward to the time of the Messiah. What do you think it means?

I don't know. That's why I'm asking. It looks like it's talking about the new earth. It says all flesh will gather. Everyone who is saved. In verse 22 he is talking about the new heavens and the new earth.

Now I'm asking you, what do you think it means?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

Read the entire chapter as a coherent whole. Biblical prophecy breaks down into three types of oracles, the lawsuit, the woe and the promise. This is a 'promise' oracle that looks forward to the time of the Messiah. What do you think it means?

I don't know. That's why I'm asking. It looks like it's talking about the new earth. It says all flesh will gather. Everyone who is saved. In verse 22 he is talking about the new heavens and the new earth.

Now I'm asking you, what do you think it means?

Isaiah is speaking a "promise"oracle, one that is designed to remind Israel of the benefits of their covenant with God. Why would Isaiah be talking about the "new earth?" That concept was unknown in his time. Is it possible you're reading the Christian concept of the "new earth" back into the passage? Remember that biblical prophecy comes from a very narrow band of Israel's history and the prophets' only concern was reminding their fellow Israelites of their covenant with God.

It sounds like a prophecy. Unknown things can be referred to in prophecy. So when did/will this take place?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

"Let's see.....now that I'm a Christian, I have to be circumcised and keep the law of Moses.....why does that sound familiar....?"

I don't remember circumcision being anywhere in the ten commandments. Study the word with prayer and understand the commandments that Paul was referring to. As someone trying to get closer to Christ, it feels almost like a disgrace to bear the same label as so-called "Christians" who profess to follow Christ but denies His teachings. People claim to worship the God of the Bible, but would rather pick and choose the verses that makes their lifestyle acceptable in their own eyes.

Isaiah 4

1 In that day seven women (churches)

will take hold of one man (Jesus)

and say, "We will eat our own food

and provide our own clothes;

only let us be called by your name.

Take away our disgrace!"

Psalm 119:115

Depart from me, ye evildoers: for I will keep the commandments of my God.

Matthew 7:

22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. 24Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

Edited by Fikayo

As someone trying to get closer to Christ, it feels almost like a disgrace to bear the same label as so-called "Christians" who profess to follow Christ but denies His teachings. People claim to worship the God of the Bible, but would rather pick and choose the verses that makes their lifestyle acceptable in their own eyes.

Which Commandments are we to follow?

These?

Exodus 20

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

sounds like some on this thread are trying to be legalistic about some of what they are saying.... keeping the sabbatt, if we get down to it, typing on a keyboard is work, and thus would not be allowed for those that are "KEEPING THE SABBATH" ....

if we were to look at everyones posts on here you will find those same people posting on every day of the week..... funny how some things are ok but other things are not..... and then trying to twist what others are saying by interjecting what they think is right or just smarting off......

some people worship everyday, some (most that do) only worship one day a week.... some worship on Sat, some on Sun, some even rest on Sat, and preach on Sun, keeping Sat (the seventh day) as a day of rest, other then emergencies....

I would have to say, that the Sabbath was not actually a day for worship, but A DAY OF REST...... days for worship were other days..... for most people lived a much greater distance from the Temple or Synagog then what a Sabbaths Days walk would allow...... the rules for the Sabbath was very strict...... even if a bird flew up a persons robe, they were not allowed to shew it out, but they had to sit and wait for it to either go out on its own, or until sundown......

mike