Fikayo

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Why is the only commandment that begins with the word "Remember" the ony commandment that many people say to forget? And why is it such a controversial subject between so many Bible believing Christians if all claim the bible to be the true and unchanging Word of God? And if the mark of the beast is the final test for our generation, why isn't the churches preaching about it and trying to come to the truth on the subject?

I've heard and read in numerous places that the mark of the beast is directly linked in opposition to this one commandment, not the common deceptions of the devil about the microchip, or tattoo, or some visible marking. They said the devils deception is to create a "counterfeit religion" that professes to follow God and Jesus, without really understanding the true orgins their religion and traditions. Taking to account that Satan's master craft is deception, and his reason for getting kicked out of heaven was because he wanted to "ascend his throne above God's", it made alot of sense to me.

The Bible says the the ones who overcomes the beast, his name, and his mark are the ones who "keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus" (Rev 14).

I started searching the word earnestly when the Lord brought me out of the world, and when I read revelation, it just seemd to be an urgent warning to mankind, considering we are living in the church of Laodecia. When I came across it, it started to make me think and wonder if the deceptions of the devil is far deeper than we think. I don't want to start a denomination bashing session!! I just want to see if anybody else has ever considered these thoughts.

Edited by Fikayo

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Why is the only commandment that begins with the word "Remember" the ony commandment that many people say to forget?

"Remember the Sabbath day and keep it holy"

Who ever told you to forget that one commandment? In the New Testament age of grace Christ is our Sabbath. Furthermore, the entirety of the Law and prophets are summed up in two: Love God with your whole being, and Love your neighbor. As long as you keep these two, you are keeping the entire law, with the commandments.

And why is it such a controversial subject between so many Bible believing Christians if all claim the bible to be the true and unchanging Word of God? And if the mark of the beast is the final test for our generation, why isn't the churches preaching about it and trying to come to the truth on the subject?

Who told you that the mark of the beast is "the final test for our generation"?

I've heard and read in numerous places that the mark of the beast is directly linked in opposition to this one commandment, not the common deceptions of the devil about the microchip, or tattoo, or some visible marking.

Where did you hear and read this? How it is possible that the mark of the beast is some sort of identification of those who did not keep the Sabbath?

They said the devils deception is to create a "counterfeit religion" that professes to follow God and Jesus, without really understanding the true orgins their religion and traditions. Taking to account that Satan's master craft is deception, and his reason for getting kicked out of heaven was because he wanted to "ascend his throne above God's", it made alot of sense to me.

The true articles of the faith are predicated upon Christ as the Messiah, not the observance of rituals and laws. Whoever this person was that promoted a teaching that Christianity in general is a false religion, is himself false.

The Bible says the the ones who overcomes the beast, his name, and his mark are the ones who "keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus" (Rev 14).

These are two classes of believers. Those that keep the commandments are the believing Jews. Those that "keep the faith of Jesus" are the Gentiles. Nowhere in the New Testament is there a requirement or believing Gentiles to keep the Commandments.

I started searching the word earnestly when the Lord brought me out of the world, and when I read revelation, it just seemd to be an urgent warning to mankind, considering we are living in the church of Laodecia. When I came across it, it started to make me think and wonder if the deceptions of the devil is far deeper than we think. I don't want to start a denomination bashing session!! I just want to see if anybody else has ever considered these thoughts.

Obviously thee is greater apostasy in the church that most people believe. But the Lord Jesus is the tender of the field. He is allowing the tares to grow along with the wheat. The tares will remain in the church until the consummation of the age, when He will send His angels in to reap the harvest. Our only duty is to remain faithful to Him, to take Him as our life and our everything.

So is the ten commandments of no effect?

Edited by Fikayo

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Of course I have considered it!

Have you ever considered that NOWHERE in the Scriptures are GENTILES EVER told to keep the Jewish Sabbath?

Listen, 2000 YEARS AGO the Apostle Paul wrote to Christians discussing this very issue. The wisdom of God revealed in him was this: "One man esteems one day above another, another man esteems every day equally. Let each man be fully persuaded in his own mind..........and let there be peace among us."

That was 2,000 years ago. I guess some folks are just a LITTLE slow on the uptake!

:cool:

Because It's All About Jesus

For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day. There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.

For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his. Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest,

lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief. Hebrews 4:8-11

:)

The Commandments of God.

Mark 12

28 Then one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, perceiving that He had answered them well, asked Him,

Jesus told us that love for God and love for your neighbor sums up the commandments. So are you all saying that the ten commandments are of no effect as long as I have love?(i.e. can I kill somebody because I love them enough for them not to experience this evil world). If the fourth commandment was given at the same time and written with the same finger on stone with "thou shalt not steal", how come i don't have to keep the fourth commandment, but I can't still can't steal or kill, or commit adultery, or even worship another god? Paul said you shouldn't let anyone judge you by esteeming one day above the other. Where does the sabbath fall in there, because the only days that were different back then were the different days for customs and festivals. If you look at bible history compared to secular history, you will see that the sabbath wasn't changed until around A.D. 200 by the Church of Rome. So why are bible believing christians following the traditions instituted by the roman "beast", when there isn't any sound biblical doctrines to support the change? Wouldn't the Bible have clearly stated the change if there was a change to the unchanging universal law? Wouldn't Jesus have clearly stated the change when He was on earth so there wouldn't be any confusion about it, if it is the same laws he wrote with his finger? I've heard all of the arguments about not keeping the true Sabbath and none of them have stood up to the test of the scriptures. And why don't the majority of churches try to understand the mark of the beast if it's not related to the fourth commandment? Can somebody please explain this with CLEAR BIBLICAL proof without personal emotions and selfish perceptions?

Jesus told us that love for God and love for your neighbor sums up the commandments. So are you all saying that the ten commandments are of no effect as long as I have love?

I don't believe anyone has stated that.........................have they?

And why don't the majority of churches try to understand the mark of the beast if it's not related to the fourth commandment?

What does the mark of the beast have to do with the Sabbath?

I've heard all of the arguments about not keeping the true Sabbath

What is the true Sabbath?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Jesus told us that love for God and love for your neighbor sums up the commandments. So are you all saying that the ten commandments are of no effect as long as I have love?

I don't believe anyone has stated that.........................have they?

And why don't the majority of churches try to understand the mark of the beast if it's not related to the fourth commandment?

What does the mark of the beast have to do with the Sabbath?

I've heard all of the arguments about not keeping the true Sabbath

What is the true Sabbath?

For me the true sabbath is to trust and rest in Jesus for :thumbs_up: my Salvation!! :thumbsup:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

:thumbs_up:

Because It's All About Jesus

For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day. There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.

For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his. Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest,

lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief. Hebrews 4:8-11

:thumbsup:

This is my rest-----I'm resting in Jesus :74_74::blink: