• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.95
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

Please note that this is an article written and posted by Jack Kelley and none of my own work. The link to the posting is at the end of the article.

"Last week's article has quickly become one of the most widely read of any we've ever posted. It has also generated several questions and some wild information I had never heard before. Among these are excerpts from secular news sources containing two non-Biblical prophecies that I will offer first. Since they both opened with rhetorical questions, I've arranged them in our familiar Q and A format, but post them as written. The remaining questions are all reader submitted.

Two Non-Biblical Prophecies

The first one is very controversial and I offer no opinion as to its validity, except that I've received it from several independent news sources. I have been able to confirm that Johanwa Owalo was who this prophecy says he was and that it apparently came from a document copyrighted in 1915. Readers are cautioned to conduct their own research before accepting it as authentic. "Q. Is Barak Obama the "Son of Kenya" foretold by the great 19th Century Kenyan Prophet, Johanwa Owalo, the founder of Kenya's Nomiya Luo Church?

A. Among the Kenyan people of the Luo religion Owalo is believed to be a prophet similar to Jesus Christ and Muhammad, and who in 1912 made this horrific prophecy about the United States:

'So far have they [the United States] strayed into wickedness in those [future] times that their destruction has been sealed by my [father]. Their great cities will burn, their crops and cattle will suffer disease and death, their children will perish from diseases never seen upon this Earth, and I reveal to you the greatest [mystery] of all as I have been allowed to see that their [the United States] destruction will come about through the vengeful hands of one of our very own sons.' "

The next one comes from a Forbes.com article dated 10-26-08 by Amir Taheri, author of 10 books on Iran, the Middle East and Islam.

"Q. Is Barack Obama the "promised warrior" coming to help the Hidden Imam of Shiite Muslims conquer the world?

A. This question has made the rounds in Iran since last month, when a pro-government Web site published a Hadith (or tradition) from a Shiite text of the 17th century. The tradition comes from Bahar al-Anvar (meaning Oceans of Light) by Mullah Majlisi, a magnum opus in 132 volumes and the basis of modern Shiite Islam.

According to the tradition, Imam Ali Ibn Abi-Talib (the prophet's cousin and son-in-law) prophesied that at the End of Times and just before the return of the Mahdi, the Ultimate Saviour, a "tall black man will assume the reins of government in the West." Commanding "the strongest army on earth," the new ruler in the West will carry "a clear sign" from the third imam, whose name was Hussein Ibn Ali. The tradition concludes: "Shiites should have no doubt that he is with us."

In a curious coincidence Obama's first and second names

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

I'm not sure who Jack Kelley is, really, having never heard of him before. But I question why he would even write about prophecies that are not Bibical if he is a Christian. What church does he represent? :soapbox:

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.95
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

He talked about the 2 non-biblical "prophecies" because he said they were asked about and that he felt he needed to address them. As for who he is and what church he represents, here is the site for you to read all about him and his ministry. http://gracethrufaith.com/about/

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

He talked about the 2 non-biblical "prophecies" because he said they were asked about and that he felt he needed to address them. As for who he is and what church he represents, here is the site for you to read all about him and his ministry. http://gracethrufaith.com/about/

Thanks....I will. :soapbox:

:)

:24:

God's Kids

To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men. Titus 3:2

Show The LORD

Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. Matthew 11:29

Crying Out Flee The Wrath To Come

Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. Romans 12:19

Cling To The LORD Jesus Christ And Be Saved

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Glory Glory Glory To The KING

Soon Beloved

Soon

:24:

:thumbsup: