• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  145
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/23/1973

Proverbs 22:6 "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it."

I read this passage today in the Worthy Brief(if you are not signed up for it, I suggest you do so.)

This reminded me of my childhood and upbringing.....

I came from a home that was angry, depressed, miserable, and I attempted suicide on some occasions. As you can obviously see, I am not what one would call a 'joy in everything Christian.'

Some of you, whom I have spoken to in Chat know that I struggle with suicidal thoughts and depression. Despite my occasional times of joy.

So, knowing that I do not want to be as I am, and would rather just die, and be with CHIRST in Heaven. God, according to HIS own word cannot be a liar, and HIS word cannot be returned void.

Here is what I am looking for....

In light of the above cited scripture, GOD's own word , am I doomed to be a miserable depressed 'person'? Or is there BIBLICAL hope for me to become a happier, more joyous person in this life. Someone who has a job, earns a decent wage, has fellowship with people who I can lift up(really lift up) and be lifted up by, gets married, and raises a family, and all that stuff. Because, as much as I desire a wife, and a family. To have one now, as I am, would be an act of utter cruelty to my mind.

Again, God's own word in Proverbs 22:6 would posit that I am to live my life a miserable depressed 'person'. After all, that was how I was trained up by Mom, Stepfather, Step and half brother(s), and most relatives.

Ironically, on this Christmas, I was searching, and praying for hope for my future, as is said in Jeremiah 29:11 'For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.' and other "hope" passages. Instead I find Proverbs 22:6, which, again would seem to say that I am doomed since I was trained up that way.

To be 100% honest, I would sooner jump off a bridge than be as I am now in the years to come.

So please, any scriptural, or human support to know there is hope is welcome. As W. C. Fields once said, when he asked for a bible, "I'm lookin' for a loophole..." That is kinda what I am looking for. It is not for me, a mere human mortal, to prove GOD wrong, nor is that what I am trying to do. I am looking for hope where, in light of Proverbs 22:6, and the Bible is not supposed to have any contradictions. That's about it.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  913
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/02/1969

mikado, brother as soon as I was finished reading your post the Holy Sprit lead me to scripture

Psalm 91:14 "Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him; I will set him on high, because he hath known my name."

15 "He shall call upon me, and I will answer him,I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him, and honor him."

16 "With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation."

Brother think not that the arm of the Lord is shortened, He will reach down into the secret places and darkest reaches of your life and deliver you, and restore all that the locust has eaten!

I will keep you lifted up in prayer.

Have a very merry christmas

Luv your sister in Christ

Stacey c :emot-pinochio:

mikado, brother as soon as I was finished reading your post the Holy Sprit lead me to scripture

Psalm 91:14 "Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him; I will set him on high, because he hath known my name."

15 "He shall call upon me, and I will answer him,I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him, and honor him."

Brother think not that the arm of the Lord is shortened, He will reach down into the secret places and darkest reaches of your life and deliver you, and restore all that the locust has eaten!

Merry Christmas to you too, Stacey! Nice scripture, thank you and GOD for it. I do not think that the arm of GOD is shortened at all. I need to be delivered from where my being 'trained up' has put me. When will GOD, if HE ever will, begin?

• Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  913
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/02/1969

Merry Christmas to you too, Stacey! Nice scripture, thank you and GOD for it. I do not think that the arm of GOD is shortened at all. I need to be delivered from where my being 'trained up' has put me. When will GOD, if HE ever will, begin?

Mikado, you have already been delivered!

God promises us in His Word "You are a new creation in Christ, old things have passed away, behold ALL things become new."

You start standing on that promise

In Revelation it tells us " They overcame him by the Blood of the Lamb, and the word of their testimony."

You are more than a conquerer, start claiming your victory in the name of Jesus.

Mikado, you have already been delivered!

God promises us in His Word "You are a new creation in Christ, old things have passed away, behold ALL things become new."

You start standing on that promise

In Revelation it tells us " They overcame him by the Blood of the Lamb, and the word of their testimony."

You are more than a conquerer, start claiming your victory in the name of Jesus.

I pray that being a 'new creation' is so for me, and that the old has indeed passed away. Or unlearn what I was 'trained up' to be. If this is so, and I am new in CHRIST, then there is hope.

TO CHARITOW! My excellent sister in CHRIST. This was not brought on by the Christmas Holiday, but by the Worthy Brief I read today. I have been, as I am now, for some time. Today is not different then any other day, really.

jeremiah 18:1-6

do you want an answer?

My life, my parents, and people in my life molded me as I am now. Is that what you're saying? And GOD will break that mold and remake me? That I hope is the case.

do you want an answer?

My life, my parents, and people in my life molded me as I am now. Is that what you're saying? And GOD will break that mold and remake me? That I hope is the case.

He won't break that mold unless you let Him.

do you want an answer?

He won't break that mold unless you let Him.

this is true. but if you let Him, He can and will!

been there, mik. i know.

I HAVE CALLED UNTO HIM TO BREAK THE MOLD!!! AND HE IS DOING NOTHING THAT I CAN PERCEIVE!!!!

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  871
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

The only things in this world that will determine you are the Father, the Word and your actions from hearing and studying it(James 2:14,26). You are a child of the Lord, plain and simple, nothing can take you from the Father's hand, save what you allow to seperate you from Him. All you have to do friend is decide how you want your life to be from the time you honestly repent of your sins...

Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth. Luke 15:10

Create in me a pure heart,O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me from Your presence or take Your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of Your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me. Psalm 51:10-12

Come now, let us reason together, says the Lord. Though your sins are like scarlet, they will be white as snow. Though they are red like crimson, they will be as wool. Isaiah 1:18

God don't change(Hebrews 13:8), it is usually us that does that. If you truly repent of your sins, God is just in that He will forgive you. Wether you choose to pick up the ball and run is up to you. The Lord hasn't given up on you friend, don't do it to yourself. :)