mead

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Scripture does in fact tell us that man was created very good in God"s eyes.Very God in God"s eyes must be very,very,very good in human eyes.That we are not now very very very good is pretty obvious - jimc2

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Scripture does in fact tell us that man was created very good in God"s eyes.Very God in God"s eyes must be very,very,very good in human eyes.That we are not now very very very good is pretty obvious - jimc2

Very good is very good. It doesn't mean "exceptionally empowered."

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  871
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

I doubt it.

Says you

For that to be true we would have to believe that the fall made man less intelligent.

Any ideas on how Eve was even able to speak to and comprehend the serpent? High communication skills to me bro.

We need to be very careful about presuming things that the Scripture does not prove or lend evidence to. While it may be nice to imagine that man was at one time more intelligent or had "higher facilities" before the fall, we should keep it just to that: a fanciful imagination. We should never allow such imaginations to become a part of what we believe or, especially, what the Scriptures say.

No fanciful imagination or assumptions here, I was just asking a simple question.

Guest shiloh357
ideas on how Eve was even able to speak to and comprehend the serpent? High communication skills to me bro.

Eve was talking to Satan, not simply a serpent or snake or whatever. Whatever the creature was, Satan was speaking to Eve through it.

The Bible does not tell us what Adam and Eve's spiritual, mental or physical capcaties were before they fell into sin. We cannot know conclusively and so the best policy is to be silent where the Bible is silent.

It can be fun to speculate and bounce ideas around, but ultimately you are asking a question that for the present we do not have the answer and no discernible means of getting an answer.

ideas on how Eve was even able to speak to and comprehend the serpent? High communication skills to me bro.

Eve was talking to Satan, not simply a serpent or snake or whatever. Whatever the creature was, Satan was speaking to Eve through it.

The Bible does not tell us what Adam and Eve's spiritual, mental or physical capcaties were before they fell into sin. We cannot know conclusively and so the best policy is to be silent where the Bible is silent.

It can be fun to speculate and bounce ideas around, but ultimately you are asking a question that for the present we do not have the answer and no discernible means of getting an answer.

I understand where your coming from, I had assumed there was no thorough and complete answer by our reasoning. I just enjoy a harmless and speculative question every now and then. :)

• Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings,

I have heard some of this stuff from the "Word of Faith" movement. It's a bunch of HOKUM! Consider the differences between these two ideas:

Matthew 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Acts 16:16-18 And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying: 17 The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation. 18 And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.

In the first, Peter was given "special knowledge" from God through the Holy Spirit.

In the second, the damsel was given "special knowledge" by an ungodly spirit.

Adam and Eve were as human as we are. Their only special gift different from ours was that they spoke and heard in the language of God and Angels. Which is actually saying a lot, but don't be fooled, Satan can show himself to be an Angel of Light.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

Greetings,

I have heard some of this stuff from the "Word of Faith" movement. It's a bunch of HOKUM!

Don't take it to heart Ernie, it was just a simple question.

Consider the differences between these two ideas:

Matthew 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Acts 16:16-18 And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying: 17 The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation. 18 And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.

In the first, Peter was given "special knowledge" from God through the Holy Spirit.

In the second, the damsel was given "special knowledge" by an ungodly spirit.

Yes, I am aware that knowledge can be given by ungodly sources. It warns against it in the Word many places.

Adam and Eve were as human as we are. Their only special gift different from ours was that they spoke and heard in the language of God and Angels. Which is actually saying a lot, but don't be fooled, Satan can show himself to be an Angel of Light.

Thank you for your response, like I said my question was for harmless feedback :noidea:

Any ideas on how Eve was even able to speak to and comprehend the serpent? High communication skills to me bro.

What makes you believe that Eve was able to speak and comprehend the serpent rather than the serpent being able to speak to Eve? You need a presumption to formulate your argument. This is not the Word of God.

What makes you believe that Eve was able to speak and comprehend the serpent rather than the serpent being able to speak to Eve?

How could they converse without mutual understanding? You don't know any more than I do about this, were you there? How am going against the Lord's word, because I think they used more of a mental capacity? :emot-hug:

What makes you believe that Eve was able to speak and comprehend the serpent rather than the serpent being able to speak to Eve?

How could they converse without mutual understanding? You don't know any more than I do about this, were you there? How am going against the Lord's word? :emot-hug:

I see.....I wan't there so I'm probably wrong. You're right then: Eve had higher mental capacity and was able to communicate with the serpent. Oh wait......You weren't there either were you? So you're wrong too.

See, when we entertain such questions it's just an exercize in futility. The Bible doesn't address the issue directly, nor does it even hint at such a thing. So why bother at all? We could talk about whether Adam had a bellybutton or not, but what purpose would it serve? The real danger in this is that someone could come along and formulate a teaching about this and ignorant Christians will take it as the Word of God. This is why we speak when the Bible speaks and remain silent where it is silent. Those that have insisted in speaking where the Bible is silent are largely responsible for the various heresies out there - many of which undiscerning Christians have fallen prey to.

As for the Lord's Word it says, "But foolish questionings and those arising from an untrained mind refuse, knowing that they beget contentions" (2 Tim. 2:23)