dcampsart

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  231
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

I am extremely nervous to post this topic - especially after reading the warnings in Jeremiah pinned at the top!

I want to make it clear that I don't consider myself prophetic in any sense of the word. I have no idea of what that office is about or how to even operate in it... another reason for my trepidation! I simply want to share something that has been on my heart for a few days and maybe the members here can help me decipher this thing because... it will not leave me alone!!

I had no idea of where to start this thread but after finding this forum - I thought I'll take a chance. I also want to stress that I don't want to set myself up as if I'm guided by divine providence as if anybody would have to listen to anything I have to say. WHO AM I... NOBODY! Just someone who found this website after returning to the Lord a few years ago. When I followed the Lord in the past, I was big into TV ministries. I watched them all the time with minimal attention to the word. Now that I've done a 180 degree turn-around, all I care about is the WORD! For some reason, I can't watch the TV ministries anymore. Although I constantly stay in the word now, I started asking the Lord "Where is there anyone out there that will discuss all things bible with me?" I woke up one morning and had a strong urge to do a Google search for the words "Christian Forums"... hence, I found WCF almost immediately. Boy... here's where I'm really nervous... an experience I had a few days ago... I WANT TO BELIEVE concerns the people here on WCF but I don't fully understand what this is all about. Maybe you can help me and see where it goes from here. Otherwise, may it simply die and I'll know that I've spoken from my own vain imagination and, I HOPE the Lord will have mercy on my soul!

A few days ago, while at work, I started dwelling on why it is that I have this chronic pain for so long now and wondering why I can't seem to believe the Lord for my own healing. It seems I can believe for others' healing but not my own. Some may already know the story of how my grandson's broken neck was healed after a time of "remote" prayer and how that event helped turn me back to seeking God. Anyway, shortly after dwelling on this thought, I slowly but surely started to feel an immense "sadness" in my spirit. I started grieving inside and was afraid I might start crying in front of my fellow workers. I often secluded myself to get composure.

I felt this intense grieving the whole time driving home from work. I pulled in my driveway and sat in my Jeep for awhile wondering about this sadness I was feeling. I almost started weeping because something was building in me. I looked up and saw some water flowing on the ground next to my house after a snow melt was going on... we've had some recent heavy snowfall out here in Utah. As I stared at the water, I had some sort of peace come over me and I heard the words... "TELL MY PEOPLE TO COME TO THE WATERS OF MERIBAH FOR TIMES OF REFRESHMENT AND STRENGTH." This message in my head, heart or spirit... I don't know... was so strong I couldn't shake it off! I didn't recall ever hearing the word MERIBAH!!! On top of that, I thought, tell who? I'm nobody. I wouldn't even know who to tell!! I whispered the question "Who do I tell?" Immediately following were the words "THE PEOPLE ON WCF." I thought to myself... "YEAH, I can see me doing that... they'll think I'm NUTS!

Afterward, I went to the basement. Sat on the couch and just quietly sat there wondering what was wrong with me. I must admit, the feeling was very familiar but I hadn't felt this sort of burden or sense of sadness for a very long time. Out of nowhere and from deep down inside me, I broke out in tongues (sorry if that offends anyone). It was like a dam had burst open. It didn't last long but afterward, as plain as day... Psalm 88 was on my mind. I didn't find Psalm 88 to be very comforting but it sure spoke to my heart about my situation and circumstance as to why I've been suffering for so long. It scared me to be honest but commentaries I read about this Psalm helped when they all stressed how we should never give up on seeking the Lord no matter how dismal things may look. What really helped was hearing how God may afflict his children at times for a greater pupose, albeit unbeknown to them. Some commentaries pointed to how this chapter points to the extreme suffering of Christ and how his sole mission for coming to earth was to suffer and die for our sins. An example is found in this extraction below from Matthew Henry's commentary:

Probably the psalmist described his own case, yet he leads to Christ. Thus are we called to look unto Jesus, wounded and bruised for our iniquities. But the wrath of God poured the greatest bitterness into his cup. This weighed him down into darkness and the deep. (Ps 88:10-18)

What I found most comforting was how Psalm 88 has been regarded as most likely the "SADDEST" chapter in the whole bible!!

Up to this point, I've had no idea of what the word Meribah even meant until I started doing commentary searches on the internet. For the more scholarly, I'm sure it's all elemental and that everyone should know the story of Meribah is found in Numbers 20. I've known of the story of how Moses struck the first rock at Horeb and it gushed out water and that he was supposed to "SPEAK" to the second rock but I never knew about the second place being called Meribah. Now I know!

At Meribah (or Kadesh or both... not sure) the people again strove with Moses and God about whether or not he could provide water for them. Moses and Aaron went into the tabernacle and sought the Lord. As you know, the Lord told Moses to "SPEAK" this time to the rock but, he didn't - he smote the rock twice. Commentaries remark how God, in his mercy, still provided for his people but punished Moses and Aaron severely for not believing and sanctifying him before the people. The commentaries tell of how God holds his leaders to a much higher standard than that of the general congregation.

I've wondered, if I really did hear the words, "TELL MY PEOPLE TO COME TO THE WATERS OF MERIBAH FOR TIMES OF REFRESHMENT AND STRENGTH.", and this saying was for WCF, why would people come to a place like that where contention and strife caused Moses to sin and strike the rock instead of speak to it. After reading some of the commentaries about the importance of how God wanted Moses to simply believe and SPEAK for provision and how commentators explained the importance of how people should simply SPEAK with God about what they need, maybe that's the idea behind people here at WCF coming to the waters of Mirabah for refreshment and strength. There seems to be some here on this site that are doubting their position in Christ way too much - as if they are basing their faith on their performance with God instead of simply trusting him and speaking to him for what they need. I truly do believe we don't have to beat the rock to get what we need out of him but, instead, simply believe and trust him to do what he promises.

8 But what does it say?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Thanks for sharing!

No, I don't think you are weird.

Being a prophet isn't about judgment and foretelling the future - it's about speaking the heart of God. :th_praying:

At times it will involve unveiling the dark secrets of the heart or judgment warnings or even telling what will come, but the point is to draw people back to God and deeper into Him.

Which is what the Lord's word to you to share is about. :th_wave:

Thanks for sharing!

No, I don't think you are weird.

Being a prophet isn't about judgment and foretelling the future - it's about speaking the heart of God. :th_praying:

At times it will involve unveiling the dark secrets of the heart or judgment warnings or even telling what will come, but the point is to draw people back to God and deeper into Him.

Which is what the Lord's word to you to share is about. :th_wave:

Thanks nebula. What would be your interpretation as to why (if this is a word from God) that he would call people to come to the waters of Meribah? It was a place of contention and strife amongst the people contending with God and a place where Moses STRUCK the rock instead of SPEAKING to it. I strongly believe that if anybody has a so-called word from the Lord, it should directly line up with his word or be debunked as useless. If he wants people to come to a place like that, could it be that I'm missing the main gist of this? Maybe it has something to do with COMING TO THE ROCK and just.......SPEAK? I know a lot of commentaries point to Jesus was the one Moses smote incorrectly the second time and that he doesn't need to be crucified all over again but to come to him in faith - believing - SPEAKING to him as one who is a FRIEND... like Moses?

I know lately, I'm convicted quickly of the SLIGHTEST murmuring or complaint on my part. Don't know why but I believe the Lord is telling me that if I can't say anthing good or positive about a circumstance or event then, simply.... KEEP MY MOUTH SHUT!! Even if I don't believe the Lord will make a way where there seems to be no way, it would be a whole lot better if I remain silent while waiting and just TRUST! Maybe.... just maybe.... if the Israelites would've just stood their... with their mouths shut... even if they saw no way that God would provide in their time of darkness and need, Moses may have not sinned. Maybe he would've simply SPOKE to the rock as God commanded and God would've been truly sanctified in the sight of the people as he originally intended. The people would've been guilty of doubting God in their hearts but at least their words would not have exemplified their distrust in Him.

As I'm typing, the picture of how the Lord, after smitten on the cross, cries out... "IT IS FINISHED!" Immediately... the veil was rent in two!! Hmmmmm...

He SPOKE and the.... ROCK gushed forth???

Ahhhhh... I don't know........ ANYBODY?

Sorry dcamp - I'm not a great interpreter. :th_praying:

I've often wonder what it was Moses would have said to the rock had he spoken to it like he was supposed to.

I understand your puzzle, though.

Have to think on that....

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  913
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/02/1969

Blessings Brother,

I won't speak forr every one, but I will tell you what this spoke to me.

I will go into more detail brother in a pm if you desire brother, because I will not allow what I know that I know God has called for my life to be unwittingly attacked from those who would not understand, therefore causing doubt to invade my spirit.. first and foremost I must guard my annointing and the call of God.

What a merciful and Good God we serve. :th_praying:

This story, Moses and speaking to the rocks, go right along with the passage of Ezekiel 37. Where Ezekiel was told to prophesy to the valley of dry bones. I heard the story the first time when I was about 10 years old, and I couls sense the power in that word, but being so young spiritually and mentally, I could not grasp what lesson the Lord was telling me.

Years later, I heard this message from a very annointed pastor, and boy talking about the light coming on! It was like a lightening bolt hit me between the eyes! God wants ME to speak His Word into the dry dead areas of my life, whether it be physical or spiritual.

And I can't count the number of times I had let the Lord down by not taking Him at His word. But God in His mercy still provided, some answers or provision anyways. But how it must grieve Him when I allow my unbelief to stifle my tongue!

God doesn't want ME to keep beating my head against the rock, or striking it! He's calling me to do and be who He has called me to do or be.

Yes in His grace and mercy He will keep prviding for those under me,i.e. my children, But to see true victory in all senses of the word I must trust what He says and do it His way. I've been doing it my way too long.

Like I said, I can't speak for everyone, but this is what the Lord has spoken to me. Thank you for being obedient brother, this is confirmation to something that was spoken to me last night at Bible study!

God bless you

stacey c

Very strange indeed StaceyC because, before having this experience, you were on my mind all day and definitely for no apparent reason so I thought this may have been for you. I thought I should send you a PM but when I heard that this may be for others on WCF, I decided to post. Maybe someone else can get something from this... I don't know.:th_wave: Thanks for your feedback!

By now... I'm sure people are saying "Why don't you two PM instead of bothering us here!" :th_praying:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  211
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,463
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/23/1966

Very strange indeed StaceyC because, before having this experience, you were on my mind all day and definitely for no apparent reason so I thought this may have been for you. I thought I should send you a PM but when I heard that this may be for others on WCF, I decided to post. Maybe someone else can get something from this... I don't know.:emot-highfive: Thanks for your feedback!

By now... I'm sure people are saying "Why don't you two PM instead of bothering us here!" :emot-highfive:

Everyone in the body of Christ has a purpose.

Joel 2: 28 - And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

Visions and dreams are to be covered in prayer for the true interpretation. But God will communicate to His body through His people by the wisdom of the Holy Spirit. Wasn't it the Holy Spirit who told the church in Acts, "Seperate unto me Paul and Barnabas for the work I've called them." Indeed the Holy Spirit, who only speaks what He hears Jesus say, is speaking encouragement to us all.

Indeed the Holy Spirit, who only speaks what He hears Jesus say, is speaking encouragement to us all.

Boy... encouragement is what will be needed in the days to come for sure. I just finished watching the History Channel on the Apocalypse and the seven seals... very graphic. I know... it's TV but it makes me think of the importance of getting to know and trust God more and more for the tumultuous times that are just around the corner as well as for the here and now!

Thanks for your reply :)

God doesn't want ME to keep beating my head against the rock, or striking it!

That makes sense, Stacey. Thanks for sharing!

I know I need help in this area . . . speaking the word of the Lord to my situations rather than beating at them.

Very strange indeed StaceyC because, before having this experience, you were on my mind all day and definitely for no apparent reason so I thought this may have been for you. I thought I should send you a PM but when I heard that this may be for others on WCF, I decided to post. Maybe someone else can get something from this... I don't know.:24: Thanks for your feedback!

By now... I'm sure people are saying "Why don't you two PM instead of bothering us here!" :emot-highfive:

Not at all. :24:

Part of working together as a body means that the Lord will give a revelation to one and the interpretation to another - forcing us to work together rather than as single units.

It also helps keep us humble.

And I'm sure there are others who will benefit from this word. :wub: