Good Books

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  228
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1

The latest book I've read that spoke to my heart about a lot of things is called Created to be his Help Meet by Debi Pearl. Very challenging!!!

Have any of you read a book lately that has been very thought provoking in a helpful way?

Yes, I know you've been reading your Bibles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

The last two books I read are Does Your Tongue Need Healing, by Derek Prince, and 30 Days to Tame Your Tongue, by Deborah Pegues. Very small books, but very helpful.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/03/1967

Blue Like Jazz- By Donald miller

A Beutiful Mess- by Rick McKinley

Chasing Daylight- by erwin McManus

3 of my favorites I led a small group last spring in a study of "A Purpose Driven Life" also a great read

Guest HIS girl

Ah Derek Prince - one of my fave Bible teachers and authors - good choice Onelight!

I am reading The Facts on Islam at the moment by John Ankerberg and John Weldon.

Veeery interesting.....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

I've ordered "For Men Only" and "For Women Only" by Shanti and Jeff Feldhan. I'm REALLY looking forward to reading them, so I'll let you know how that goes once I do (they should arrive tomorrow or Tuesday!)

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

There are a few I could probably add, but for now, I'm currently reading Beautiful if God's Eyes, The Treasure of the Proverbs 31 Woman, by Elizabeth George. An entire chapter is devoted to each verse and it has really been speaking to my heart. It's very practical in it application and I know will be one of those books that really helps me to grow as a woman.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  90
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Someone put ("Sermond on the mound" by Michael O' Connor) a small, easy reading book in my hands the other day, it was funny with some good serious points in it. However on pg. #44:

"He took Saul-an angry, despicable murderer on the road to Damascus-broke him, humbled him, and molded him into a man named Paul, friend and apostle to Jesus, lover and preacher of the word."

Which I disagree with, and encourage anyone to read: Acts 22.20; saying something diffrent in my bible. Other than that, it's a good baseball book and I liked it.

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  141
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

We love to read around here and every once in awhile I enjoy a light read to relax by.

Have you ever heard of Jan Karon.. she rocks my world with her fictitous tale of an Episcopalian priest in The Mitford Series. They are worth the expense. I have the entire collection almost. These are so entirely homespun without the harlequin romance garbage thrown in..

Have you read The Shack? I started to.. then.. well, it's a long story but I currently bought another copy, lol.

Many wonderful teaching books out there, we glean so much from them at this house.

We love to read around here and every once in awhile I enjoy a light read to relax by.

Have you ever heard of Jan Karon.. she rocks my world with her fictitous tale of an Episcopalian priest in The Mitford Series. They are worth the expense. I have the entire collection almost. These are so entirely homespun without the harlequin romance garbage thrown in..

Have you read The Shack? I started to.. then.. well, it's a long story but I currently bought another copy, lol.

Many wonderful teaching books out there, we glean so much from them at this house.

I have not heard of this author. I'll have to check her out some time. Maybe my church library has it. I love our church library. Awesome thing. We live in a small town, so our Christian section at the library isn't too big. I want to get the book His Brain, Her Brain. Can't remember the author's name right now, but I heard him and his wife on the radio and the book sounded really good. No, I haven't read Shack either. Thanks for your input. Good stuff. :thumbsup:

The latest book I've read that spoke to my heart about a lot of things is called Created to be his Help Meet by Debi Pearl. Very challenging!!!

Have any of you read a book lately that has been very thought provoking in a helpful way?

Yes, I know you've been reading your Bibles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

What is it that you are looking for dear sister?

A friend in Him.

Lou F.

I'm not looking for anything special. Just wanted to see if there were any books you all have read and found really good.