IGNORED

God and evil.

Guest HIS girl

Guest HIS girl

I have read this (not in exact words, but same context),

Because of evil in the World - we see the Majesty and Goodness of God MORE than if there was no evil present -

I had to think about that a few times to let it sink in...

BUT

then I thought of Heaven - and the absence of evil - we will be LIVING and being completely sustained by God's goodness - we will SEE and be AWARE of His Majesty - no need for evil to prove it.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

I have read this (not in exact words, but same context),

Because of evil in the World - we see the Majesty and Goodness of God MORE than if there was no evil present -

I had to think about that a few times to let it sink in...

BUT

then I thought of Heaven - and the absence of evil - we will be LIVING and being completely sustained by God's goodness - we will SEE and be AWARE of His Majesty - no need for evil to prove it.

At the bottom of your post is a scripture quote....I'm guessing you are familiar with that bible verse. Well, this women, not having been introduced by another, knew that it was Christ speaking to her. I'm guessing we are going to see His majesty and goodness and know it for what it is all by itself.

BUT

The concept of evil does not exist within the heart of a new born child.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

all what is happening on earth is more than what meets the earth. you may be true when you said absence or otherwise of sin does not affect the glory, but what if all what is happening is for that glory's sake ?

Guest HIS girl

So, I do not agree that in order to see God's goodness fully, we need evil. We do not have to compare God's goodness with anything in my opinion.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  665
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/24/1968

This is a good question. Personally, I'm still confused as to why such evil is allowed. :wub: :wub: Then, why have to look at it to see God??? :wub:

Guest HIS girl

I haven't read a lot on where/how evil came about - there are just TOO many books to read at the moment....

I HAVE read though, that evil is a key factor in using/having "freewill".....(remember, these are not my personal views - I am just discussing what I have read).

What I put forth in the original post and now this, I have never come across before.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

BUT

The concept of evil does not exist within the heart of a new born child.

I beg to differ. It's dormant. It will come out eventually. The child is not aware of evil.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

I haven't read a lot on where/how evil came about - there are just TOO many books to read at the moment....

I HAVE read though, that evil is a key factor in using/having "freewill".....(remember, these are not my personal views - I am just discussing what I have read).

What I put forth in the original post and now this, I have never come across before.

Isaiah 45 says that God creates evil. The Hebrew word is 'ra'. That sounds scary. To get around the thought that God created evil, we try to say he means calamity, but 'ra' means EVIL. So how can we justify the idea of a Holy God creating moral evil? God created the PRINCIPLE of evil. Not evil deeds, but the moral absolute behind them that defines what evil IS. God created the standard of what is evil.