IGNORED

UN Retracts its Claim that Gaza School Was Hit By Israel

Guest shiloh357

Guest shiloh357

After screeching to the heavens that Israel committed war crimes, the United Nations is retracting its claim that the IDF struck a school in Gaza.

Link to Article

Guess what this means. The pics of the dead bodies and pools of blood that school that were supposedly the result of an Israeli attack are the result of Hamas murdering their own people in that mosque and then blaming it on Israel. Unfortunately, the media outlets, like the British Babel Channel and the New York Slimes were all too happy to join in the smear on Israel without getting the facts first.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/23/1967

I don't even have words for this, except...I'm not all that surprised. sigh

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  2,009
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  3

This is unfortunate. However, there is never a truly innocent or justified position in a war, as this is just one instance.

Guest shiloh357
This is unfortunate. However, there is never a truly innocent or justified position in a war, as this is just one instance.

Actually, we have report after report of Hamas using their own people as cannon fodder, so this is not just ONE instance. It is one among many. Here is run down of Hamas human rights violations that liberals conveniently overlook where this conflict is concerned:

1. Senior UN official condemns Hamas's cynical use of civilian facilities

Throughout the fighting, Israel accused Hamas of firing rockets and missiles from the midst of civilian areas in Gaza city, Beit Hanoun and elsewhere

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Most everybody who hates God also hates His chosen people Israel, and is ready to believe Pally-wood.........

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  2,009
  • Content Per Day:  0.29

shiloh, the deaths committed by both sides are horrific. Horrific is a word I might use for victims of Qassam rockets landing in that Isreali town near the border, or hundreds of civilian deaths in Gaza. I find your use of tragedy to score cheap political shots against an ideology you oppose rather sickening.

What is one step beyond that is people thinking that one side or the other is completely or mostly justified in their actions, or that one side has pure intent unmarred by any ulterior motives. There is undoubted hatred of Jews by Hamas and many in the Arab world. Does that mean all Arabs/Palestinians believe that? No. More than 30% of people in the election in Gaza voted against Hamas, not including major population centres.

Do all Israelis have completely pure beliefs that they just want peace and to live in harmony? No doubt that is true for many Israelis, but one doesn't need to look far to see Racism, shootings, threats, and Violence against Palestinians as there is against Jews. In a situation as complicated and destructive as this, it can never just be black and white. If you must look at it that way, you may as well add a colour, red, not tainted by ideology or viewpoint.

Hundreds of Civilian deaths is not "a mistep by the Israeli Government". Its a tragedy, a disaster. Rocket attacks (and other attacks) on Israel are a tragedy and disaster as well. Which one tends to be more tragic tends to be the one that ends up with a greater loss of human life.

I, and others like to believe that a sentient human life isn't just sacred inside the womb, but outside as well. I am pretty sure you believe that as well, I'm just not sure why you don't act like that applies equally, since this isn't the Book Animal Farm.

Guest shiloh357
I find your use of tragedy to score cheap political shots against an ideology you oppose rather sickening.
I am not taking "cheap political shots" at your ideology. I am simply showing the hypocrisy of it.

What is one step beyond that is people thinking that one side or the other is completely or mostly justified in their actions, or that one side has pure intent unmarred by any ulterior motives.
You are trying to address an argument that has not been raised. No one has said that Israel is perfect or unmarred. However, Israel's position in this conflict was morally justified.

There is undoubted hatred of Jews by Hamas and many in the Arab world. Does that mean all Arabs/Palestinians believe that? No. More than 30% of people in the election in Gaza voted against Hamas, not including major population centres.
The problem here is that we are told over and over by the liberals that those who support the terrorists are the minority. Yet, when the Palestinian community is allowed to speak for themslves, we find exactly the opposite. We find that the overwhelming majority when given the choice, support the terrorists. The Palestinians in a landslide vote, named Hamas as their representative government. As a majority community, the Palestinians declared to the world that Hamas represents, by in large, Palestinian values (which includes Hamas' agenda to destroy Israel).

This is not about stereotyping or trying to peg every Arab as a terrorist. We do have to deal with reality as it is, and that is we have a Palestinian community that as a majority voted for the destruction of Israel and the continuance of terrorism to that end.

Do all Israelis have completely pure beliefs that they just want peace and to live in harmony? No doubt that is true for many Israelis, but one doesn't need to look far to see Racism, shootings, threats, and Violence against Palestinians as there is against Jews.

You are trying to change the subject. No one has ever claimed that there have been no atrocities committed against Palestinians. Again, you are trying to refute an argument that has not been raised.

We are talking about Hamas and its brutality against the people it is supposed to be governing, and the utter lack of attention this garners from the liberal left.

When the world was condemning Israel for "atrocities" it was not committing the UN was on the bandwagon accusing Israel of bombing schools and facilities that were in fact bombed by Hamas and filled with bodies of Palestinians Hamas murdered so they could stage something to be blamed on Israel.

But YOU can do is whine and snivel around about stereotyping.

The media and almost everyone else was condemning Israel for things that we are now finding out, Israel was not responsible for.

• We now know that Hamas was denying medcal care to the wounded in order to drive up the death count.

• We now know that Hamas booby trapped Palestinian homes to destroyed with Palestinian families in them knowing that Israel would be blamed and Hamas would score propaganda points on the 24 hours cable news outlets.

• We now know that Hamas was confisicating supplies needed for treating the wounded in order to buy more weapons.

• We now know that Hamas was murdering their fellow Palestinians and taking their property to use to stage more rocket attacks on Israel.

• We now know that Israel has been treating and caring for the wounded Gazans in Israeli hospitals, and that during the conflict, Israel shipped over 10,000 tons of humanitarian relief to the Gazans and continues to ship humanitarian aid to them(things that go without any mention in the media).

• We now know that Hamas was crucifying Gazan Christians during this conflict as well as committing other atrocities against Christians that were initially blamed on Israel.

Again, the media (and the rest of the world)was all too ready to blame most, if not all of these things on Israel before getting facts first.

In a situation as complicated and destructive as this, it can never just be black and white.
It really isn't as complicated as you think. I have been studying, researching and following this conflict for the last 18 years or so. I have become intimately acquainted with the people, as well as the history and dynamics of this conflict, and the reason is look complicated to YOU, is your utter lack of any real grasp of the conflict itself. It is obvious from your comments that you know next to nothing about the true nature and context of what is going on.

Hundreds of Civilian deaths is not "a mistep by the Israeli Government"
Actually, the more we learn about what was happening in Gaza, the more we are finding out that the hundreds of civilian deaths are the work of Hamas, not Israel. So in a sense, you are right. They are not a misstep by the Israeli government. They are the product of terrorists who will kill the very people who voted for them in order to promote their agenda.

What we are finding is that Israel peformed amazingly and performed very surgical strikes that took out Hamas targets with only minimal destruction to civilian property. The hundreds of civilian deaths are mostly Hamas victims if the truth be told.

I, and others like to believe that a sentient human life isn't just sacred inside the womb, but outside as well. I am pretty sure you believe that as well, I'm just not sure why you don't act like that applies equally, since this isn't the Book Animal Farm.

Therein lies your problem. No matter how hard I try to zoom in on Hamas the actions of Hamas, you are hell bent on trying to make this an argument about something else. There is NOTHING I said that even intimates that the life of one person is more valuable or less valuable than someone else's. You are trying to have an argument about a subject I never addressed or about values I have never expressed.

My position is about showing the moral superiority of Israel's defensive countermeasures vs. the terrorist attack launched against Israel by Hamas. This has nothing to with claiming that Jews are better than Palestinians. Israel reacted in self-defense after having suffered nearly 8 years of rocket attacks. Israel's patience finally came to an end.

Other nations when faced with a similar threat would not have been as patient, and quite frankly, had it been any other nation responding, Gaza would be nothing but an empty sand box right now. Israel could have done that. They could have, given the fire power they carry, have wiped Gaza off the map in less than a week. Had Israel been the monster liberals have made it to be, there would not be one Gazan left alive in the region. Any civilians that did die as a direct result of Israeli actions were accidental and not intended. This is is unlike Hamas who purposefully targets civilians both Jewish and Palestinian in order to achive their goals.