Can Do's prayer request and problem

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

Can Do cannot get on worthy tonight, a server error problem. She asked me to post this for her.

Hey everyone!

It's Faith, aka Can Do (Phil 4:13). I feel kinda silly asking for prayer for this, but I really feel heavy on my heart and I am not going to let it take me into another depression, instead I am going to trust that God will use this time for good for me. Does that make sense?

Our Ministers wife (you might call her a Pastors wife) is really cold and indifferent to me. To make a long story short, I think I offended her soon after she and her husband arrived to take up their new position with our church. I was visiting them both one day after they had been in our city for a few weeks, and I kinda might have flirted with her husband. I am a really outgoing girl, and having 5 brothers, I kinda know how enjoy being around men (without necessarily having untoward intentions), and sinceĀ  her husband and I really get along well, we seemed to bounce off each other in conversation. After that visit, she has been ever colder toward me, and distant.

Well, that was about 4 or 5 years ago now. I have tried to make amends with her, but she is like ice. During my illness of the last three years, she has not once called or enquired about me, stopped to talk to me, or even bothered to acknoweldge my existance.

I find her attitude really difficult, because I am such a people person, and I love getting along well with others. The Playgroup we attend is at our church, where the Ministers wife reads a devotional, so I see her a bit. As I have mentioned, she is cold toward me, and is curt toward my children, not affording them the same gentleness as she bestowes upon the other children of our PG.

Today I approached her while on the phone at PG, and left a Back to Jerusalem newsletter on the desk nearest her. At the end of PG, I asked her if she had picked it up. Her curt and almost hostile (yet calm) reply was that NO she hadn't picked it up. I felt dismissed and small. I felt hurt and angry at her. I so wanted to give her a piece of my mind! As the wife of a man I admire, I would not give her two cents for her attitude toward me.

I know I have done silly, thoughtless and irresponsible things during my time at our church. I have not behaved in a manner that would reflect kindly upon myself, but I wonder that this woman would not show me the forgiveness, she so represents in her position. I know I should be forgiving for her (listening to my own advice in my head...fyi), but at the moment, I am too angry, hurt and upset with her.

I would really appreciate your comments, prayers and feedback about this insignificant issue of mine.

Your Sister in Christ Jesus

Faith xxxx

To board moderators, I hope this is alright. If not, please let me know.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  195
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/16/1959

Faith, me thinks you are too hard on yourself. It sounds like your pastor's wife is a very bitter, insecure person. she must have been hurt deeply at some time in her life. I wonder if she is jealous of you because you do get along so well with others and you care so much about everyone. She would probably very much like to be more like you.

I will pray that God will soften her heart, and show you if you are doing anything to aggravate her.

Jesus loves you and so do I,

stilllearnin' :hug: