• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

Nothing separates people from God as strongly as Sexual Immorality. I personally know of this... sad to say.. God is pissed off with me.

Let me say this.. no one can make GOD Love you less or Love you More than He already does but we CAN control how pleased he is with us.. A wise pastor once said this.. it struck my at the core.

I just started a program on this site... The Way of Purity Course someone shared it in another topic.

http://www.settingcaptivesfree.com/

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sad to say.. God is pissed off with me.

Au Contraire Beloved Of The KING

"Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool." Isaiah 1:18

His Grace Is Sufficient

"As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us." Psalms 103:12

Trust Him

"Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.

Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation." Isaiah 12:2-3

Rejoice!

>>>>>()<<<<<

ABOMINATION

These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:

("abomination") A proud look,

("abomination") a lying tongue,

("abomination") and hands that shed innocent blood,

("abomination") An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations,

("abomination") feet that be swift in running to mischief,

("abomination") A false witness that speaketh lies,

("abomination") and he that soweth discord among brethren.

Proverbs 6:16-19

Reading This "Short" List It Seems To Me But For The Blood Of The Lamb

We Would All Sin "Abominations" Unto Him

"Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:" 1 Peter 1:18-19

Praise His Holy Name

"Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.

And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever." Revelation 5:12-13

Hallelujah!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  324
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/16/1964

Nothing separates people from God as strongly as Sexual Immorality. I personally know of this... sad to say.. God is pissed off with me.

Let me say this.. no one can make GOD Love you less or Love you More than He already does but we CAN control how pleased he is with us.. A wise pastor once said this.. it struck my at the core.

I just started a program on this site... The Way of Purity Course someone shared it in another topic.

Wow, Why do yu feel like this? You are a child of God.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,343
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

Could it be that these sins carry the greatest potential for bondage? While there is forgiveness for these sins, there remains irreversible consequences. Example: Satan the accuser will constantly remind you of past sexual encounters with flashbacks and guilty feelings.

That's true. But he can do that with any sin can't he?

Yes, he can do that with any sin but the visual element of sexual sin is more deeply inbedded in our subconscious

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  503
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

The strongest language and strongest penalty seemed to be reserved for sins of a sexual nature. The word "abomination" is often attached. We hear people say, "sin is sin". Then why do sexual sins seem to weigh in more heavily?

WOOOOOW and Wow, take it easy. First you ask an excellent question. First, there are people that are Chapter and Verse and since I have never been thru the scriptures without mapping them out, be easy on me. The whore that was about to be stoned to death is pardoned. Two, [Christ

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

Because I've prayed about it before. That I was ashamed I couldn't control myself and every time the answer came that I need to control myself. I've been trying for years with no avail..

Because I've prayed about it before. That I was ashamed I couldn't control myself and every time the answer came that I need to control myself. I've been trying for years with no avail..

Blein,

May I suggest you take a course on the Law. Those who dwell on the Law day and night are blessed.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

hey,

my opinion is that sexual sin is a sin like any other.

Rom 8 is a great one for this.

From Rom 8

"Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,[a] 2because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death."

"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? "

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[m] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

This clearly states that once in union with Christ nothing can separate us from this. [i accept there is obviously a once saved always saved debate but I don't think that is appropriate here] Not angels nor demons, life nor death and nor anything else in all creation...nothing.

1 Corinthians 6:18

Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a man commits are outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body.

Hebrews 12:16

See that no one is sexually immoral, or is godless like Esau, who for a single meal sold his inheritance rights as the oldest son.

But these seem to suggest that there is something special about sexual sin.

I would suggest, as has been said before, that it is because it involves others, it involves spiritual elements [2 Corinthians 6:14], physical problems etc. . The implications are much greater for sexual sin.

If I steal, God will forgive me if I ask of Him. But God has placed the authorities of the land I am in over me and there will be a punishment for what I've done. That is the consequence of my actions.

In the same way there are consequences to all our actions. If I offend someone my relationship with that person may sour - I may be forgiven by God but I may never recover that relationship.

In this respect, in the consequences of our actions, sexual sin has many and they are not pleasant.

God sees only one sin - unforgiven sin.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,343
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

hey,

my opinion is that sexual sin is a sin like any other.

Rom 8 is a great one for this.

From Rom 8

"Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,[a] 2because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death."

"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? "

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[m] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

This clearly states that once in union with Christ nothing can separate us from this. [i accept there is obviously a once saved always saved debate but I don't think that is appropriate here] Not angels nor demons, life nor death and nor anything else in all creation...nothing.

1 Corinthians 6:18

Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a man commits are outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body.

Hebrews 12:16

See that no one is sexually immoral, or is godless like Esau, who for a single meal sold his inheritance rights as the oldest son.

But these seem to suggest that there is something special about sexual sin.

I would suggest, as has been said before, that it is because it involves others, it involves spiritual elements [2 Corinthians 6:14], physical problems etc. . The implications are much greater for sexual sin.

If I steal, God will forgive me if I ask of Him. But God has placed the authorities of the land I am in over me and there will be a punishment for what I've done. That is the consequence of my actions.

In the same way there are consequences to all our actions. If I offend someone my relationship with that person may sour - I may be forgiven by God but I may never recover that relationship.

In this respect, in the consequences of our actions, sexual sin has many and they are not pleasant.

God sees only one sin - unforgiven sin.

You are probably pretty accurate as far as eternal consequences. If you have broken one of the commandments, you have broken them all. It only takes the sin of unbelief to inherit eternal damnation. But, earthly consequences and the degree of temporal bondage does vary. God's anger (longsuffering) does seem to be tested and His tolerance broken by debased behavior.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  62
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I learned the hard way that the flesh cannot expel the flesh, and this is especially evident when it comes to sexually immoral thoughts. Trying to be a friend to the Law by obedience when the Law condemns us as Law-breakers does us no good. We have to take our sins to the One who was nailed to the tree to save us from them.