IGNORED

How do we define Hebrewness or Jewishness??

givennewname

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

However, Paul said there is much advantage to being a Jew.

What advantages are there if you deny Christ? Please list them....

:wub: What in the world are you talking about?

Romans 3

1 What advantage then has the Jew, or what is the profit of circumcision? 2 Much in every way! Chiefly because to them were committed the oracles of God.

Who said anything about denying Christ?

Where are you getting this from?

I never denied that God will restore Israel in the Last days, but it will under the New Covenant and not the Old Covenant. God is not going to restore animal sacrifices and Mosaic Law. If that is what your thinking.

Huh?

No, that's not what I was thinking.

The Apostles lived under the New Covenant. Those gathered in the Upper Room on the day of Pentecost lived under the New Covenant. The Jews gathered there who heard Peter speak and believed in Yeshua as their Messiah were under the New Covenant. The Gentiles who came to faith later came under this very same New Covenant. We are a part of this New Covenant which they were first partakers of.

Yes, the New Covenant was for Israel but not many received it. Only a small portions out of all Israel choose to follow and believe in the New Covenant which is was in Christ their Messiah. Many where called but only few chose to follow,...

The same can be said for Gentiles. We are no different from they as far as salvation - and rejection - goes.

. . .Yes we have been joined with Israel who believe, into the New Covenant. We are not joined with those who deny the one who offered the new covenant.

:huh: No one is saying we are joined with those who deny Christ.

Where are you getting this stuff from?

:emot-pray:

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:blink:

This seems to be a by-product of 2-House teachers (Ephramite). They redefine the foundational meanings of the words "Israel" and "Jew" (among others) and it causes all kinds of subtle error that magnifies over time.

Jedi,

The only Israel is Israel. The faithful remnant of Israel is what we (gentiles) are joined to and there is no such thing (biblically) as a church separated from the remnant of Israel. We, the faithful, are joined to that....not the other way around (as in the jews are joined to the "church")

The concept of a "church" which supercedes and/or is separate from Israel is a post-biblical european theological devise.

The Lord makes it clear that He would use the nation of Israel (which means ALL the jews) to bring His salvation to the ends of the earth and then it would come back to them and "all Israel shall be saved".

Do not allow yourself to boast against the natural branches which have been broken off. That's a serious no-no with serious consequences.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.95
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

Honestly it seems like prejudice to me. I'm not accusing you...just saying that what it looks like

Must you play that card? Have you stooped that low to boost your argument?

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

He said that is what it sounds like, not what it is.

It would be good if you could explain how the statements are not derogatory to the Jews.

Honestly it seems like prejudice to me. I'm not accusing you...just saying that what it looks like

oh with you I don't have to guess.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

:emot-shakehead: No one is saying we are joined with those who deny Christ.

:laugh:

If several people are hearing the same thing, it might be good to ask why. Not saying it is your issue, but it might be good to at least consider it

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57

Saints,

Why do these discussions always degenerate into accusations of racism? We are all to blame here. Please try and reflect the fact that the Holy Spirit lives in us.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.95
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

oh with you I don't have to guess.

What do you mean by that? Are you accusing me of being prejudice or anti-semetic,Yod?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26

The Apostles lived under the New Covenant. Those gathered in the Upper Room on the day of Pentecost lived under the New Covenant. The Jews gathered there who heard Peter speak and believed in Yeshua as their Messiah were under the New Covenant. The Gentiles who came to faith later came under this very same New Covenant. We are a part of this New Covenant which they were first partakers of.

Exactly! The Church fathers are the Apostles who are Jews and Christ being the head of this chruch...."All are Jews". The Church is founded by Jews who believe.

Jews are the first fruits of this new covenant and later the gentiles. The Church is not divided between Jew and Gentile but one in the same and Christ is the head of the Church. God has brougth us together in union with Christ. The blessings of Abraham and the New Covenant are for all those who believe and who put their trust in the seed of Abraham. God has torn down the wall of divison that once existed under the Old Covenant.

Yes, the New Covenant was for Israel but not many received it. Only a small portions out of all Israel choose to follow and believe in the New Covenant which is was in Christ their Messiah. Many where called but only few chose to follow,...

The same can be said for Gentiles. We are no different from they as far as salvation - and rejection - goes.

True...not all Gentiles believe and not all Jews believe. Spiritually God has made us the same and thats all that matters.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  324
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  03/16/1964

i brought up this topic because i am interested in the title of Jesus as the son of David. Jesus has never been the Kng of the Jews and i believe that he will physically be the King of the Jews in the Millenial kingdom.. For those who deny that the millenial kingdom will exist, how do the explain the Jesus will inherit the Kingdom as the son of David?