• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,343
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

When yours kids leave home and invite evil influences into their life or embrace the party lifestyle. How do you keep that from making you feel like an absolute failure as a godly parent? Do you have any further responsibility?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,273
  • Content Per Day:  4.87
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

Your responsibility is to continue to live a Godly life; a constant reminder of what they are putting on the shelf.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  2

Children come with their own personal free-wills, and at some point they reach the age where their own choices are their own responsibility. Godly parents can teach their children the truth, raise them to the best of their ability in a Godly manner, but some children will rebel.

Sometimes the grown-up child will be amenable to hear advice from their parents. Others will be the swine before which the LORD warned not to cast your pearls. My advice to parents of grown children making unGodly choices: pray, surrendering yourself fully to the LORD's control, asking Him to lead you by His Holy Spirit in what to say, when to say it, how to say it, so forth. Leave room for the LORD to work on the 'child' in His good timing.

Hope that helps.

When yours kids leave home and invite evil influences into their life or embrace the party lifestyle. How do you keep that from making you feel like an absolute failure as a godly parent? Do you have any further responsibility?

Trust

"Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee."

Psalms 119:11

God

"I have gone astray like a lost sheep; seek thy servant; for I do not forget thy commandments."

Psalms 119:176

>>>>>()<<<<<

Dear David, I Know The Anguish For The Children

Call On HIM

"What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me? I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD."

Psalms 116:12-13

I Will

Praying!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  503
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Ah, the issue of control. You

Edited by oak

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

Well.... you continue to love them, pray for them and live your life for God. In doing so, you will hopefully set an example of the Peace, Grace and Mercy that God bestows on His own. Everyone second guesses themselves as parents, but all you can do is give them the opportunity to have God in their lives - they ultimately make the choice to accept that Salvation or not. I have discovered as my children have grown, struggled and become adults that they are more open to the commitment to Christianity. I pray each and every day for them and ... it's working!!!

• Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  963
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  07/10/1963

OH My!!! where do I start!!! :D

My 7 year old came home one day and told me he was going to grow up to be a

• Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

I'm not a father yet so I really dont feel like my comments are as much worthy as some others here.. but what did the fathers in the Bible do when their children were rebelous? Check out the story of King David, the father of the Prodigal Son, Jacob and his 12 children.. Job.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  97
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  06/15/1959

Train up a child in the way he should go,and when he is old he will not depart from it! Proverbs 22:6. Keep praying for your kids when they are being rebellious because something in their lives will send them back into the arms of Jesus.They never forget his voice,they are out there making their own choices now and all you can do is know that you did what God instructed you to do as far as raising them so now God is in control over their lives and he will deal with them according to their purpose. I will pray for your kids.

Love Cecee

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

My children were raised in a Christian home. Each one of them have had their times of rebellion and the so called FUN that is out in this world. My oldest daughter didn't really have a teen-age life, she got pregnant at 16. So decided to try it all, including shooting up cocaine at the age of 26.Her Daddy and I found out when she was arrested for possession.She had been on it for a year and hid it very well, except for the weight loss. Never in our wildest dreams could we have imagined Ashley doing that.

We got her admitted to a Christian rehab that really has seemed to turn her around. She has been out for 6 months and I think is still clean. She came to Church Sunday. :thumbsup: The others did their drinking and trying things but praise God not to that extent.

And I can tell you they are all coming back to the Lord. One faster than the others but I have faith that the beliefs they were taught through their younger years will eventually lead them all completely back to a close relationship with Him.

I did not feel like a failure because I knew that my husband and I had taught them the right way to the best of our ability.

My kids remain first on my list when I petition God for help.

Just continue to pray and witness to them and believe that they will come back, that is all you can do. Give them to God He can handle them better than we can. :taped: