IGNORED

Hillary announces million dollar scholarship program for palestinians

redwing

Guest LadyC
How about we're so recklessly spending so many trillions of dollars that we can't afford it?

Bingo! Iraq asa prime example. And who was it that was admonished for saying that Iraq was another Vietnam? So true, and even surpassing it.

the stimulus bill is a much better example of reckless spending.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  400
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/19/1942

point is, NOBODY in this thread "suggested" anything of the sort.

then why bring it up?

and then why tell me that doing such a thing is Biblical?

you're an expert at misquoting or misinterpreting other people's words.

i didn't bring bombs up. for that matter, neither did redwing. BE, HP and you were the first three talking about bombs in this thread.

and neither i nor redwing ever once said anything about "nuking" people being biblical, and before you make the accusation again, i also never said God has told the US to annhilate anyone. what i did say was that wiping out an entire nation that is evil to it's core is biblical, and was commanded of the israelites by God... but that the israelites disobeyed God, failed to wipe out the entire nation, and faced God's anger as a result of their disobedience.

Thank you LadyC. Sometimes RG get's something in his head and cannot let it go. Pity. :cool:

Guest LadyC

perhaps if you would take time to read what is posted, all of it, instead of what you want to read into things, you'd be able to comprehend. after all, when i took the time to spell it out for you, you THANKED me for clarifying. of course, redwing took the time too, but you never thanked him.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

If congress passes this BS program, they all need to be :whistling::24::24::24::noidea::laugh:

http://chronicle.com/news/article/6092/cli...tinian-students

Getting back to the OP; imagine what that million dollars would mean to this little girl and her classmates. All they want is an education in a school that's not falling down. And yet...apparently they will not get any help from the government of the country of which they are CITIZENS. Much better to send it to future suicide bombers. :blink:

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/03/13...ref=mpstoryview

Guest LadyC

yeah. imagine what that million dollars would mean to sooooo many inner-city (or outer city for that matter) american children who haven't got a prayer of getting a college education.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,009
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  3

So RunningGator, I do hope I'm not the only one that sees the blatant bigotry in this thread.

Not all too many people are really "died in the wool" terrorists. People don't just become a brainwashed Comic Book Villain because they are born in Palestine. A lot of people that turn to supporting terrorist activities in some mild, indirect way like getting paid to let people hide some weapons do so because they feel like they don't have a choice, often combined with dire economic circumstances. This was proven in Iraq.

If people are educated, not poverty stricken, and exist in a area where the infrastructure isn't torn to shreds, the breeding area for extremism is much greatly reduced.

It cannot be simplified to Israelis do not commit terrorism because they are Israelis, and Palestinians commit terrorism because they are Palestinians, because that's a bunch of poop.

Are there people in Israel who believe that Palestinians shouldn't be allowed to vote, or believe them to be second class citizens? Yes. But Israel, while in a non-ideal position, has infrastructure, education, and a better economy. The same can't be said for Palestine. As a result, the former is not the dominant movement in the country.

Guest LadyC

please clarify for me RG. are you saying that anyone who believes that tax payer dollars should be spent on CITIZENS of our own country as opposed to spending it on people from other countries are bigots?

please clarify for me RG. are you saying that anyone who believes that tax payer dollars should be spent on CITIZENS of our own country as opposed to spending it on people from other countries are bigots?

No, not at all. There isn't anything wrong with that. I'm saying people who imply (at the least) a nationality of people are a bunch of brainwashed terrorists is bigoted. There is quite a difference.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

So RunningGator, I do hope I'm not the only one that sees the blatant bigotry in this thread.

Not all too many people are really "died in the wool" terrorists. People don't just become a brainwashed Comic Book Villain because they are born in Palestine. A lot of people that turn to supporting terrorist activities in some mild, indirect way like getting paid to let people hide some weapons do so because they feel like they don't have a choice, often combined with dire economic circumstances. This was proven in Iraq.

If people are educated, not poverty stricken, and exist in a area where the infrastructure isn't torn to shreds, the breeding area for extremism is much greatly reduced.

It cannot be simplified to Israelis do not commit terrorism because they are Israelis, and Palestinians commit terrorism because they are Palestinians, because that's a bunch of poop.

Are there people in Israel who believe that Palestinians shouldn't be allowed to vote, or believe them to be second class citizens? Yes. But Israel, while in a non-ideal position, has infrastructure, education, and a better economy. The same can't be said for Palestine. As a result, the former is not the dominant movement in the country.

Apples and oranges. If you discriminate against someone because of race, sex or religion....it's bigotry. If you discriminate because of their murderous, terrorist history....that's called common sense. :emot-dance:

Apples and oranges. If you discriminate against someone becaus of race, sex or religion....it's bigotry. If you discriminate because of their murderous, terrorist history....that's called common sense. :whistling:

On a personal basis, yes. Discriminating against a Nationality because of past actions of other people of the same nation, no. Hence why we are working with the Iraqi Government, rather than continuing to create Iraq like it was under Saddam, and why we don't discriminate against Germany in suspicion they will invade France.

There is no reason to discriminate against non-Terrorist Palistinains who merely want a chance at the American Dream, rather than blow up stuff.

And of course, Education is one of the pillars of creating a more stable society.