Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

'Meaning' and 'truth' are not synonomous so I don't get your point. 'Truth' and 'untruth' are absolutes; 'meaning' is relative. :blink:

but what is the meaning of truth? if meaning is relative then anything you say is the "truth" is also relative.

Not so; 'water is wet' is truth and an absolute. 'Water is cold' is a variable and, therefore, relative because it's opinion. :21:

:blink:

Now look what you've done, RG! You've made nebula cry! Shame on you.

Not so; 'water is wet' is truth and an absolute. 'Water is cold' is a variable and, therefore, relative because it's opinion. :emot-hug:

what is the meaning of wet?

how can you sat that water is wet if the meaning of wet can change on a whim?

The meaning of 'wet' cannot change. You can have degrees of wet, consistencies of wet, types of wet, even colors of wet. But it's still an absolute. You can't argue it dry. :)

:laugh:

Now look what you've done, RG! You've made nebula cry! Shame on you.

you started it! :)

I am just an :blink:

Yep, your halo is blinding me.....! :emot-hug:

The meaning of 'wet' cannot change. You can have degrees of wet, consistencies of wet, types of wet, even colors of wet. But it's still an absolute. You can't argue it dry. :laugh:

to use your words...

Meaning is relative.

so either it is or it is not.

is meaning is relative when it comes to one word then it is relative for all. :blink:

Don't 'yada, yada' me, young man. :) You've missed the gist of what I said. "Meaning" IS relative. Maybe I need to clarify...it's relative when dealing with an intangible. However, when dealing with an absolute, you can't put your own interpretation on it. Go ahead....try to make 'up' into 'down'. :emot-hug:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  591
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/27/1979

Yes, I am an extreme believer in God who believes islam has no place in my country. And proud of it. It would be more closely akin to bounty hunters who hunt down criminals. Which is what all followers of islam happen to be.

Your hatred saddens my heart, I hope it has not hardened your heart to who Jesus truly is. Hatred for fellow humans, regardless of what they believe, literally brings tears to my eyes. I'm just glad I know enough about Christianity to separate your narrow-mindedness from what Jesus actually teaches about Loving other people!!!

No, 'at best' I tell the truth and point out that 'allah' is the ancient pagan god, Ba'al, resurrected. Please educate yourself on the birth of islam before you make such statements.
I have read up on Islam. It was born because Mohammed believed the message of Yahweh had been corrupted by Jews and Christians. That is why the Qu'ran states many times that Christians and Jews are brothers - misguided brothers, but brothers nonetheless.

True, that is not a belief I or other Christians agree with, but it is what THEY believe! We could argue they have perverted Yahweh-worship. The term, "Allah", after all is simply Arabic for "god" - Christians and Jews that speak Arabic would also refer to their God as "Allah"!

I'm not sure I agree with you about it being a faith founded by Satan.

So...don't agree. You are obviously woefully uninformed about islam and the qu'ran.

However, if you do say all other beliefs aside from biblical Christianity are founded by Satan, it's rather pointless to indicate Islam at the expense of the almost unlimited number of other deities - you would also have to rightly say they aren't religions either.

Yes, and I do. Other than Judaism and Christianity there are no true faiths in the world today.

I am not arguing that Islam is a "true" Faith, or that any belief is true. I fully believe that truth can only be found through Jesus Christ our Lord, who is described in the collection of works we call the Bible. Nevertheless, I do not think that this, by definition, means that every other Faith is founded by Satan. This is about as generalised and inaccurate as saying that every natural disaster is punishment from God for some unnamed sin those people did.

Believe me, I am not uninformed about the Qu'ran. I may not be an "expert", but I know enough to see the beauty that lies in that belief. *note - "truth" and "beauty" are not necessarily synonymous! I may see Islam's beauty, as I see a level of beauty in all beliefs I have studied, but there is only one Faith that is true. Let's face it, you are simply trying to demonise a belief that you disagree with, and by association, demonising those who choose to peacefully follow that belief.

I normally don't get so personal with my posts, but I cannot find another way to adequately express myself. Your views scare me, MG. They are so far from the views that Christ would have taught - I cannot find a logical link between what you believe and what Christ taught. Perhaps it exists, but I cannot see it.

Regards, PA

Your hatred saddens my heart, I hope it has not hardened your heart to who Jesus truly is. Hatred for fellow humans, regardless of what they believe, literally brings tears to my eyes. I'm just glad I know enough about Christianity to separate your narrow-mindedness from what Jesus actually teaches about Loving other people!!!

I didn't say anything about hating anyone; I said they had no place in my country. Please read again. In fact, I despair over the loss of over a billion souls if they continue on their chosen path. I am far from narrowminded and have taken the time to study islam before speaking out about it.

I have read up on Islam. It was born because Mohammed believed the message of Yahweh had been corrupted by Jews and Christians. That is why the Qu'ran states many times that Christians and Jews are brothers - misguided brothers, but brothers nonetheless.

True, that is not a belief I or other Christians agree with, but it is what THEY believe! We could argue they have perverted Yahweh-worship. The term, "Allah", after all is simply Arabic for "god" - Christians and Jews that speak Arabic would also refer to their God as "Allah"!

I'm aware that 'allah' is Arabic for 'god'; they are not referring to the God of Abraham however as they don't follow Him. I can send you the surahs that quote 'allah' as saying he wishes to populate hell and describing how he deceives his followers (I would never post them here.). There's no way to sugar coat or minimalize these things because they are part of the Qu'ran.

However, if you do say all other beliefs aside from biblical Christianity are founded by Satan, it's rather pointless to indicate Islam at the expense of the almost unlimited number of other deities - you would also have to rightly say they aren't religions either.

Again, you misread or misunderstood what I wrote. I didn't say all other beliefs are satan's doing; I only referred to islam.

Believe me, I am not uninformed about the Qu'ran. I may not be an "expert", but I know enough to see the beauty that lies in that belief. *note - "truth" and "beauty" are not necessarily synonymous! I may see Islam's beauty, as I see a level of beauty in all beliefs I have studied, but there is only one Faith that is true. Let's face it, you are simply trying to demonise a belief that you disagree with, and by association, demonising those who choose to peacefully follow that belief.

Islam doesn't need ME to demonize the belief. If you can see beauty in the cult of Mohammadism you must be seeing something other than what I see. Btw, if you find a true follower of islam, not one of the secular muslims but a TRUE believer, that is peaceful you need to alert the media.

I normally don't get so personal with my posts, but I cannot find another way to adequately express myself. Your views scare me, MG. They are so far from the views that Christ would have taught - I cannot find a logical link between what you believe and what Christ taught. Perhaps it exists, but I cannot see it.

Jesus told us that the only way to the Father is through Him; He didn't teach that there are various ways to God or that it's okay to worship false gods. If true belief scares you then maybe you need to revisit the teachings of Jesus.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Nevertheless, I do not think that this, by definition, means that every other Faith is founded by Satan.

That is a very odd statement, PA. :)

Can you name one belief or practice or faith that sets itself up against the knowledge of God in Christ Jesus as being . . . OK? godly? acceptable by the Lord? . . . ?

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Read about Herod's death in the book of Acts.