• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  169
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  858
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  06/05/1964

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 10

All these blessings will come upon you and accompany you if you obey the Lord your God: You will be blessed in the city and blessed in the country. The fruit of your womb will be blessed, and the crops of your land and the young of your livestock--the calves of your herds and the lambs of your flocks. Your basket and your kneading trough will be blessed. You will be blessed when you come in and blessed when you go out. (Deuteronomy 28:2-6)

Deuteronomy 28 is a chapter which details the blessings and curses that would come upon the Israelites depending on their obedience to God. Wonder why they chose to disobey more than to obey the Lord? They had a choice and most of them opted for the bad, well knowing that it would spell disaster.

• Group:  Diamond Member

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 11

The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms. He will drive out your enemy before you, saying, `Destroy him!' (Deuteronomy 33:27)

Eternal & Everlasting, Mighty God, A perfect refuge you are! How wonderful to know that your arms carry all who trust in you. Your faithfulness endures through all generations.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  437
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/20/1979

Amen. Hallelujah

We can stand upon GOD's promises.

HE is faithful.

I also love this promise.

""Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the LORD will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again. The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still." Exodus 14:13-14

THanks for sharing brother,

lomi

• Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  624
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/21/1952

AMEN!!!

Obedience to God is a must!

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 12

Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. (Joshua 1:8)

Promise given to Joshua by God Almighty and fulfilled. The only time that Joshua failed was when he overlooked sin in the Israelite camp during the conquest of Ai. Of course he fell prey to the Gibeonite deception too. Otherwise God gave him victory over every situation that he encountered, be it the crossing of the Jordan or the conquest of Jericho or the battle with the kings. Meditating on God's Word and living for him always brings blessings.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 13

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. (2 Chronicles 7:14)

People of God are called to humble themselves and turn from their wicked ways for healing to come to their land where scores of unbelievers live. Humbling ourselves, praying and seeking God's face and turning from our wicked ways are all vital for God to work out his plans in the places that we live.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  168
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/11/1975

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 1

I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you. (Genesis 28:15)

Promised by God to Jacob and fulfilled by God. God is faithful and will fulfill that which he has promised you even though it may take some time.

Thank you for sharing that with us. It is good to really think about his promises.

B blessed and Stay blessed, brothaman :)

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 1

I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you. (Genesis 28:15)

Promised by God to Jacob and fulfilled by God. God is faithful and will fulfill that which he has promised you even though it may take some time.

Thank you for sharing that with us. It is good to really think about his promises.

B blessed and Stay blessed, brothaman :emot-highfive:

:emot-highfive::th_praying:

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 14

But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded." (2 Chronicles 15:7)

Promise given to king Asa during a time of great unrest and turmoil in Israel. When Asa heard this prophecy of Azariah he took courage. Be strengthened this day! Whatever you are doing for the Lord will also be rewarded in due time.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 15

For the eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him. (2 Chronicles 16:9)

Is your heart fully committed to the Lord? If it is, you have nothing to fear. He will strengthen you in all situations, even when you are without strength and helpless.