WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

What about those who are married and one spouse has aids or any other STD? That is the only reason why condoms should be around, so the unaffected spouse does not become affected. No other form of birth control will do anything for this problem. To really ensure safety, they should consider on doubling up on their protection, since condoms sometimes break.

You're trying to judge other people's contraception decisions, though, and that's problematic. Some women have extremely averse responses to hormonal BC...a couple might decide to rely on condoms for any number of reasons.

And once again: please don't forget the issue of sexual assault when we talk about EC. It is always the elephant in the room.

I understand the reason behind the OP, which only speaks little on sexual assault, but about making "Plan B" available to minors. Still, that was not what I was asked by RG, and the reason behind my post.

I speak only for myself on this matter and realize that I will get a whole lot of slack for my stance, and that is fine with me. As for the piece you quoted, how does your reply tie into what you quoted? Does other birth control practices stop sexual diseases?

Again, my ending statement: To me, and I say this personally, trying to justify why someone should have a tool to help them live safely in sin is a sin itself.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,234
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/10/1987

What about those who are married and one spouse has aids or any other STD? That is the only reason why condoms should be around, so the unaffected spouse does not become affected. No other form of birth control will do anything for this problem. To really ensure safety, they should consider on doubling up on their protection, since condoms sometimes break.

You're trying to judge other people's contraception decisions, though, and that's problematic. Some women have extremely averse responses to hormonal BC...a couple might decide to rely on condoms for any number of reasons.

And once again: please don't forget the issue of sexual assault when we talk about EC. It is always the elephant in the room.

I understand the reason behind the OP, which only speaks little on sexual assault, but about making "Plan B" available to minors. Still, that was not what I was asked by RG, and the reason behind my post.

I speak only for myself on this matter and realize that I will get a whole lot of slack for my stance, and that is fine with me. As for the piece you quoted, how does your reply tie into what you quoted? Does other birth control practices stop sexual diseases?

Again, my ending statement: To me, and I say this personally, trying to justify why someone should have a tool to help them live safely in sin is a sin itself.

I'm confused about what you're asking....my reply was directed to your comment that preventing disease was the only reason a couple should be using condoms and not other BC. My point is that couples might choose to use condoms as BC for any number of reasons that they decide on their own.

So then back to your ending statement -- bringing more unwanted children into the world or losing the chance to prevent more abortions is a bad thing? I don't like bombs or think killing people is a good thing, but I'd rather we make smarter war technology that can tell the difference between a tank and a schoolkid so that in the course of a bad thing (war), we don't hurt a life innocent in the conflict.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,234
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/10/1987

Oh also -- I just saw that you highlighted my comment about sexual assault....that was meant to be a reminder, not a direct response. I just feel like it's something that gets ignored when this issue goes up for this kind of debate.

• Thumbs Up 1

The site will not allow me to post my original comments that you answered, too many quotes, so we will have to go by your answers.

it seems you beat around the bush just a bit, but from this it seems that you think that birth control is wrong even for married people. Is that correct?

I thought I was quite clear and direct? Like I said in my previous post, to me it is question of my faith in Him. Others may not have that much faith, so be it their choice.

no other reason than to use it for sinning, that is for sure. I agree. We all sin in one form or another. to some people some sins just seem worse than others.

No, Jesus would not tell them that, but I have to believe that he would rather they did than to kill a life that is the product of that sinful sex.

Ahhh, the worst of two evils! A fine choice, freedom with sinful sex and no consequences or an abortion ... what ever happened to responsibility?

I guess by your view I am sinning every time my wife and I have sex since I have had a vasectomy. I trust God that we have the medical procedures we do for a reason. Are you against taking an aspirin instead of just trusting God to take care of your headache? are you against insulin instead of just trusting God to take care of diabetes?

What you did to yourself is between you and God ... why ask me? Is a headache and being diabetic a sin??? And if you reread my statement, I pointed out the difference between unmarried sexual acts and those in marriage. I will not be led into falling for sideline debates on this issue.

Why wouldn

I'm confused about what you're asking....my reply was directed to your comment that preventing disease was the only reason a couple should be using condoms and not other BC. My point is that couples might choose to use condoms as BC for any number of reasons that they decide on their own.

Please, reread what I posted concerning STD's. The answer it there. As for BC's in general, again, I don't know how to say it more plainly. I never used BC and have only five beautiful kids that I love dearly. I can't imagine living without them. God blessed me with them in His time.

So then back to your ending statement -- bringing more unwanted children into the world or losing the chance to prevent more abortions is a bad thing? I don't like bombs or think killing people is a good thing, but I'd rather we make smarter war technology that can tell the difference between a tank and a schoolkid so that in the course of a bad thing (war), we don't hurt a life innocent in the conflict.

How can you compare a war to a school kid having sex? My, stretching it a bit far for support, aren't you?

I thought I was quite clear and direct? Like I said in my previous post, to me it is question of my faith in Him. Others may not have that much faith, so be it their choice.

so you are saying those married people that use birth control dont have as much faith as you? Is that correct?

Ahhh, the worst of two evils! A fine choice, freedom with sinful sex and no consequences or an abortion ... what ever happened to responsibility?

you can have responsibility without having to take a life.

Yes, I agree, but this is not what you were pointing out. Allow me to remind you that you were talking about it being better that a person who wishes to have sinful sex, to use birth control then to face the responsibility of being pregnant. My reply was the the worst of two evils. Don't sidetrack this issue.

What you did to yourself is between you and God ... why ask me? Is a headache and being diabetic a sin??? And if you reread my statement, I pointed out the difference between unmarried sexual acts and those in marriage. I will not be led into falling for sideline debates on this issue.

when spoke of married people using birth control as a "wrong" thing. If birth control is wrong then why is not the two I listed. Unless having sex with your wife is a sin.

I will not get into your personal life's issues. I have been trying to discuss the generality of this issue without specifics, as the OP and article started out as.

Discussing the differences in ideas and beliefs on a board is one thing. Talking to someone about an issue they face is another. Can't you tell the difference, or are you looking to strengthen your statement by assuming people have no heart because they are open in discussions?

I am assuming people are honest both on the board and in an open discussion. Why would you be different on here than in person?

You got to be kidding me! Tell me, when you talk to someone about an issue they are facing, do you tell them everything that you have found during discussions, debates and research, or do you allow the Holy Spirit to guide you in your words? Wisdom is far more valuable then knowledge. Just spewing out information to someone suffering is harmful in so many ways.

You got to be kidding me! Tell me, when you talk to someone about an issue they are facing, do you tell them everything that you have found during discussions, debates and research, or do you allow the Holy Spirit to guide you in your words? Wisdom is far more valuable then knowledge. Just spewing out information to someone suffering is harmful in so many ways.

but you will do on here without knowing what anyone reading it might have been or be going through. I guess that is ok since you are not face to face? :thumbsup:

I am the same person on this site as I am in person

This is a discussion forum where many ideas are discussed. Some posts are good while others are bad. Most are kept and others are discarded, including some you have made. Those who read here understand what this is. I am the very same person face to face as I am here, but when I talk to someone who is in pain, I don't throw my knowledge around, but allow His Spirit to guide my words.

but you will do on here without knowing what anyone reading it might have been or be going through. I guess that is ok since you are not face to face? :thumbsup:

I am the same person on this site as I am in person

IF you are on this boards reading this thread and considering an abortion or even taking these pills:

There is hope! You don't have to terminate your own child's life because that is NEVER THE BEST answer for your situation. It is only adding death to a bad situation.

If you can't find anyone to help you in your own family or friends, there is a crisis pregnancy center who would jump at the opportunity to save YOUR life! If you don't know how to reach them, PM me with your location and I will make certain that someone helps you.

After your physical needs have been met, we need to help you get at the root of why you are engaging in behavior that is only destroying you.

There is an answer....and you CAN have a life with purpose and meaning beyond anything you can imagine.

It begins by humbling yourself in prayer and asking Yeshua to help you. He wants to but is waiting for you to ask.