• Topic Count:  183
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,892
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/07/1985

What use do your earlobes have?

to help to warm the ears and maintain balance

I can't tell if you're joking or not. Maintain balance? LOL.

Some people have attached earlobes. You think they fall down more often?

Earlobes would also be pretty terrible for warmth. That fat would be better spread across the ear, insulating it, not just hanging there.

The theory of evolution does not dictate everything must have a "use."

If it didnt have use, why would natural selection keep it? this makes no sense at all.

Natural selection keeps lots of things. The bottom line is the reproductive success of individual organisms. Since the earlobes don't really impact our reproductive success, there is no reason for them to disappear.

Natural selection is an imperfect process. Magic creation, on the other hand, is alleged to be perfect, but reality obviously differs. There are a whole host of imperfections like earlobes that creationists are forced to explain away, as you did above, quite comically.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

Earlobes would also be pretty terrible for warmth. That fat would be better spread across the ear, insulating it, not just hanging there.

Heyyy... Who you sayin has fat earlobes? :noidea::laugh:

(BTW - you must have contacts! It's raining here!! :shower: )

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I've have two degrees in the life sciences and from my experience, the deeper you delve, the more you appreciate God's ability to reject our immediate comprehension and even our wildest dreams.

God is my whole point. You are the one arguing evolution occurring all its own. To mention God like this, you are admitting He is shaping and forming these things.

I don't have any faith in luck. Evolution is driven by natural selection. Natural selection is not luck. Survival by adaption is not luck. If a mutation occurs and it happens to help an organism to survive, that mutation is more likely to propagate. That's basic logic.

Problem is most mutations are harmful, and for this to work the mutation would need to be a dominant trait. Plus the mutation would have to be a significant difference to out-compete the non-mutants.

But for something like this process, you still have to account for how the mutation of part of the signaling process is beneficial to the species without the other factors in existence and lining up, and as they continue to mutate the features to actually fit together into something functional.

Why do you assume all bacteria need communication to survive? Plenty of bacteria simply coat a surface and absorbs sunlight, for instance. Plenty of bacteria are asexual, simply cloning themselves. I don't see any inherent need for communication amongst bacteria.

How do you know they don't communicate in order to work together? Didn't you hear the woman in the video - this discovery is all new!

You argued bacteria would not exist if they could not communicate. I took this to mean, you think bacteria could not have evolved without communication. So I was not talking about bacteria today, I was talking about how they came about. We've had a slight confusion.

I was speaking of this communication process - since you said in the OP that this was an evolved mechanism.

Magic creation,

I really hope I get to see the look on your face when you stand face to face before the Lord. I really, really do.....

Thought I'd web-browse this question.

An interesting factoid is that an abnormality of the ear lobe (creases) is a sing for a certain disorder called Beckwith-Wiedemann syndrome.

Also:

On the ear of humans and many other animals, the earlobe('lobulus auricul

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  788
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  04/18/1979

Evolution or no, God is an amazing Creator. :mellow:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0

I've have two degrees in the life sciences and from my experience, the deeper you delve, the more you appreciate God's ability to reject our immediate comprehension and even our wildest dreams.

God is my whole point. You are the one arguing evolution occurring all its own. To mention God like this, you are admitting He is shaping and forming these things.

God created the universe in a single instant which scientists called the Big Bang. He set the natural processes in motion knowing exactly where they would lead, because the natural word behaves according to physical laws God created. The universe is a dynamic PROCESS, not an stationary OBJECT. To say God is "shaping and forming" things in the evolutionary process is like saying cars move because mechanics push them down the road.

Creation is more sophisticated than creationists give God credit for.

Problem is most mutations are harmful

Incorrect. The majority of mutations are neutral, meaning they have no effect at all.

But for something like this process, you still have to account for how the mutation of part of the signaling process is beneficial to the species without the other factors in existence and lining up, and as they continue to mutate the features to actually fit together into something functional.

Evolutionary theory does not state every part of every organism must be beneficial at all times. I don't know where you got that idea. You seem to be mistaking evolution for creationism. Evolution *predicts* the retention of neutral traits and even "junk" traits as long as they are not significantly harmful. For instance, our genome has huge tracts of noncoding DNA. Useless? Probably, but they're not so costly that they select themselves out of the gene pool.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0

I am not joking at all. Prove that I am wrong.

Well I've already shown you were wrong about balance, given that many people have attached ear lobes. Heck, you may even be right about the blood flow, but that doesn't change my point that the body is full of imperfections. I don't know why I chose the earlobe when there are much better examples.

Consider our overactive immune system. Ideally, our immune system works to shut out pathogens which might harm us. But in reality, our immune system often reacts violently to benign things like, say peanut butter. Feel free to explain why our intelligently designed immune systems are so commonly and consistently wrong when it comes to identifying threats, and explain why these mistakes can even be fatal.

Another one is the spine. Our spine is used in weightbearing, but it is curved, not straight. This puts undue pressure on the lumbosacral vertebrae. As a result, the lower spine degenerates over time. The intervertebral discs become dehydrated, losing their ability to absorb shock. This happens in everyone. There are other problems too. Osteophytes (bone spurs) grow that can impinge on the spinal cord, causing intense radiating pain, neurogenic bladder, and even paraplegia. Creationists scramble to explain this away, but biologists have an answer that is actually backed by evidence. We evolved from hominids that did not walk upright. Our spine degenerates because it is not well-adapted to bear the kind of weight our upright posture puts on it. Evolution predicts this type of thing. Abracadabra-brand creationism is forced to ignore it.

Another one is the female birth canal. It can just barely accomodate an infant's skull. The infants head can't just be pulled through; it must be spun and repositioned several times during the birthing process in a very complex maneuver. As such, birth is very dangerous for humans. Why? Again, evolutionists have an answer and creationists don't. The reason is simple: we evolved from hominids with smaller heads and birth canals to match. Due to our evolutionary history, our birth canal is not well-adapted for such large skulls.

Also, are you a guy, runninggator? I am, and I'm still wondering what my nipples are for.

There are plenty of other examples; these came from the top of my head. I'm interested to see what you think of these.

Guest shiloh357
God created the universe in a single instant which scientists called the Big Bang. He set the natural processes in motion knowing exactly where they would lead, because the natural word behaves according to physical laws God created. The universe is a dynamic PROCESS, not an stationary OBJECT. To say God is "shaping and forming" things in the evolutionary process is like saying cars move because mechanics push them down the road.

Do you even read the Bible, or do just pull your beliefs about God out of the air?

The problem here is that your view runs crosswise with the biblical record which is both inspired by God and is infallible/inerrant.

Evolution at its core is an unplanned, unguided, impersonal, entirely natural process. At least, that is how the major proponents of Evolution define it. The appeal of evolution to many people is that it completely factors God out of the origin of universe.

In the Bible, Creation is guided from the beginning to the end. It does not present God as simply starting the processes and then letting nature take its course.

The Bible presents God as making all thing according to His purpose, design and pleasure and He makes them according to their own kind. Furthermore, the Bible presents man as a special creation, distinct from rest of created order. Man is made after God's image and placed over the rest of created order by God. This flies in the face of what evolutionists teach.

Evolution cannot be reconciled with the Biblical account without destroying the authority of the Bible as the final arbiter in all matters of Christian faith and practice. Evolution and the Bible are mutually exclusive.