OneLight

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

CONCORD, N.H. -- The Senate will hold a hearing Wednesday on whether to make New Hampshire the fourth state to allow gay couples to marry.

The House narrowly passed the measure last month. Democratic Gov. John Lynch opposes gay marriage but has not said specifically that he would veto it.

Two years ago, the Legislature approved, and Lynch signed, civil unions for gays, which provide all the rights of marriage, except in name.

Currently, Connecticut, Vermont and Massachusetts allow gay couples to marry.

source: http://www.wmur.com/family/19161576/detail.html

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  311
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/05/1959

Blessings brother OneLight. I fear in my heart it is only a matter of time before it is nationwide. My heart breaks for these lost ppl. Have they not read the scriptures? Satan is working his evil. People are falling for it. :emot-hug::noidea:

Genesis 2:22-24 (New International Version)

22 Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.

23 The man said,

"This is now bone of my bones

and flesh of my flesh;

she shall be called 'woman,

for she was taken out of man."

24 For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.

Matthew 19:4-6 (New International Version)

4 "Haven't you read," he replied, "that at the beginning the Creator 'made them male and female,

5 and said, 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.

6 So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate."

Mark 10:6-9 (New International Version)

6 But at the beginning of creation God 'made them male and female.

7 For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife,

8 and the two will become one flesh. So they are no longer two, but one.

9 Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate."

God isn't going to be there at the joining to be sure. What I want to know is what preachers are thinking when they unite them? Just my thoughts.

In His Loving Hands,

LIVN4JC

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  311
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  04/05/1959

CONCORD, N.H. -- The Senate will hold a hearing Wednesday on whether to make New Hampshire the fourth state to allow gay couples to marry.

The House narrowly passed the measure last month. Democratic Gov. John Lynch opposes gay marriage but has not said specifically that he would veto it.

Two years ago, the Legislature approved, and Lynch signed, civil unions for gays, which provide all the rights of marriage, except in name.

And Iowa.

See and the list will grow.... :emot-hug:

In His Loving Hands,

LIVN4JC

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  9

Well... this may sound callous and uncaring.... I know what marriage is. It is the lawful union between one man and one woman. If there are people and states who wish to diminish God's law in this way.... so be it. They will answer to a much higher power than any we have on this planet.... As for me and mine - we will follow God and pray that the blind will see.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

No disrespect but marriage is not " the lawful union between one man and one woman". Marriage is the spiritual union between a man and a woman in the sight of God. The legal aspect is limited to the governments that chose to recognize/sanction them. Nothing more and nothing less. God sanctifies and blesses the unions... Not Man.

I'm speaking of legally recognized marriages. God sanctifies it, but man makes it legal. In regards to this subject, that is what I speak of.

Legal equality is not the issue here. Homosexual couples already have equal rights for their unions. The difference here is that they wish to declare these unions as being spiritually equal to those God himself has sanctified. By calling them "marriages" they presume to supersede God's laws, as you have said, and in so doing WILL bring God's wrath upon them and those who "tolerate" and encourage them.

Legal equality is not the issue here. Homosexual couples already have equal rights for their unions. The difference here is that they wish to declare these unions as being spiritually equal to those God himself has sanctified. By calling them "marriages" they presume to supersede God's laws, as you have said, and in so doing WILL bring God's wrath upon them and those who "tolerate" and encourage them.

I'm confused - How can the state legislature declare that they are spiritually equal? Legal equality is an issue - at least in my state. I know of gays who can't file joint tax returns, etc. So I guess the Vermont legislature is deciding this, maybe? They certainly cannot make any determination of spiritual equality.

Interestingly I don't believe they will flock to these states to live, at least not in the numbers many might wish to believe. It is more likely, as we have already seen, that many more gay couples will run to these states to get "married" only to move somewhere they are not likely welcome. Why? They are individualists who exist to go against the grain. Everything they do must in their minds be in contrast to what is socially acceptable. They are "rebels" and as we are told by the media, "everyone loves a rebel". They will either move back to where they came from insisting that their home states recognize their "marriages" or they will go where their movement calls them and one by one they will conquer these states.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

They are certainly growing in numbers here. Not all gay people are rebels with a cause. More of this population want to live their life in the quit, not being harassed by anyone. Because of this, these states that have allowed these marriages are the place to live. Maine is also considering this matter. Soon, the whole North East will be a place for those who wish to live their life in a "normal way", without having to fight for a cause.