• Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

I have never seen it or heard of it

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Butero

Movies that come out of Hollywood usually portray Christianity in a negative light. There was one movie called "Believer" where a girl who is a Christian desires to convert a homosexual straight by having sex with him. She becomes pregnant and dissilusioned. I never saw it, but that was supposed to be the plot. Never mind the fact that fornication is a sin, and she should have known that. God was to blame because she meant well.

Then there is a movie called, "The Rapture." This movie has a woman who is a terrible sinner get saved. She believes the rapture is getting ready to take place so she goes to a campground with her little girl to wait on Jesus to return. When he doesn't come back in the time period she expects, her little girl gets despondent, wanting to go to heaven now. The result is this "Christian" kills her daughter so she can go on to heaven. She gets angry with God for not returning when she thought he was going to, rather than accepting the fact she was deceived, and God never desired her to shoot her daughter.

Anyone who knows anything about the Bible can see that what you are dealing with is people being deceived for "lack of knowledge, Hosea 4:6"

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

Movies that come out of Hollywood usually portray Christianity in a negative light. There was one movie called "Believer" where a girl who is a Christian desires to convert a homosexual straight by having sex with him. She becomes pregnant and dissilusioned. I never saw it, but that was supposed to be the plot. Never mind the fact that fornication is a sin, and she should have known that. God was to blame because she meant well.

Then there is a movie called, "The Rapture." This movie has a woman who is a terrible sinner get saved. She believes the rapture is getting ready to take place so she goes to a campground with her little girl to wait on Jesus to return. When he doesn't come back in the time period she expects, her little girl gets despondent, wanting to go to heaven now. The result is this "Christian" kills her daughter so she can go on to heaven. She gets angry with God for not returning when she thought he was going to, rather than accepting the fact she was deceived, and God never desired her to shoot her daughter.

Anyone who knows anything about the Bible can see that what you are dealing with is people being deceived for "lack of knowledge, Hosea 4:6"

Don't know about "The Rapture", but the only movie info I found about "Believer" was about a jewish kid caught up with Neo-Nazis starring Ryan Gosling. Never heard of the one you are speaking of. I rarely go to movies anymore... too much.... stuff.

Guest Butero

Don't know about "The Rapture", but the only movie info I found about "Believer" was about a jewish kid caught up with Neo-Nazis starring Ryan Gosling. Never heard of the one you are speaking of. I rarely go to movies anymore... too much.... stuff.

I think I gave you the wrong name. I believe it was called "Saved." There is a web-site called the Internet Movie Data base which will tell you anything you want to know about any movie. I am going to see if I got it right this time.

UPDATE: The correct title is "Saved," not "Believer." I did have the correct title for the other movie, "The Rapture."

• Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

This is exactly what it is. Its really sad when we know the antidote but they are unwilling to swallow the medicine.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

Your last 3 lines is the real ending of any anti-God movie.

Thank you God and Jesus

Blessings

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/07/1987

My Mom never let us watch any of these kind of tv shows because they invite evil into your house, but I don't understand how your parents could sell your soul, surely it is your gift from God that can't be taken from you, it doesn't make any sense. The whole film seems kind of dumb, I don't know why the film makers would think any persons would want to watch this.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  106
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I don't see 1% of film offerings, because the dominant culture generally puts out garbage that appeals to our lower nature. But once in a while the industry transcends itself and I then cherish those movies. (Chariots of fire, the mission, end of the spear, a walk to remember; I also really liked Terminator II and Batman Begins)

I have a friend who won't watch Return of the King because of its occult aspects. I don't have a problem with them in that movie because they are solidly placed in the context of good winning out over evil. And that's so much of what our war is about, I think there are valid parallels to be drawn, with attendant encouragement.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  286
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  03/20/1968

Sorry if I'm going to offend anyone here, but I believe when you watch horror movies, it opens doors in your life that shouldn't be opened. I experienced it first hand that horror movies can be extremely bad for you. It doesn't matter if one doesn't believe in the stuff in the movie, it's just the fact that it is demonic. And if I can't invite God to watch something with me, it's just not right. Afterall, He's living in me and watch all I watch. That's why I immediately switch programs or movies when they use God's name, doesn't matter how great the movie or programme is.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

Grace, you do not offend me at all. I feel very much like that. I do not want to invite anything into my life that interferes with or disturbs my walk with God. As far as horror movies go - I've seen enough real life horror that is simply more graphic and terrifying than much of what they put on a movie screen. Don't we, in our everyday existence, come into contact with enough horrible news? The things that actually happen ...things that people actually do to each other is enough for me... I won't go and seek out anything more twisted....

I seek and desire peace and love in my life and I try to let that serenity and grace shine forth - I don't want my spirit bruised by horrors that I don't have to face. Blessings.