• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

It really puzzles me how many people get all bent out of shape over rules. There are rules about posting on this forum and yet people challenge them over and over again and then get mad when they are reminded of them.

Almost every part of our daily life has "rules". Where you work, where you shop (shoes and shirts, no checks etc.), rules of the roads, where you bank, games you play and so on.

So why do people just absolutely INSIST on defying rules that (a) they read and agreed to or (b) are clearly posted? :24:

Maybe its just me, but I was taught to obey rules. Ok I feel better :whistling:

Well if everyone just listened to ME there would be no problems.

But really this is a good point. What we see to today is the Spirit of Rebellion which infected our modern world in the 1960's Leftist movement. All authority was seen as bad. The authority of government, teachers, parents, family the Church and God Himself. The whole "question authority" movement plays into this. The problem of course is that there is no alternative, we need authority to function as human beings, it is how God made us. Thus He gave us His commandments, He gave us His Church. We see this spirit of rebellion within our own Christian congregations. It is the reason so many Christians refuse to attend Church or belong to a congregation, "nobody is going to tell ME what to do". Thus they reject authority, even while claiming to accept God's authority, but this is only true as long as God agrees with them. They refuse to hear God's word from another human being who God has placed above them as an overseer, as we read in scripture that He has done. They actually believe that there are no Christian denominations that are true, that they alone have truth, the arrogance!

It is a serious problem for Christians today. Too many chiefs, not enough Indians in the non-pc way of saying things.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

The only rules that must not be broken are the ones from God.

God's rules are the only rules to follow.

Blessings

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  692
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/02/1946

It's the 'nanny, nanny boo-boo' syndrome. People do not like rules and believe THEY are exempt from them. Case in point; my former company painted a floor in a new addition and put up a 'stay off' sign (or something similar). That floor was repainted several times because a few of the engineers were NOT going to walk all the way around. When the boss put up a sign that said 'walk on this floor and you are FIRED!'....problem solved. It's human nature to rebel. :emot-crying:

:emot-questioned:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  692
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  03/02/1946

:blink: No wonder I like hanging out here...all the comedians and the really smart ones. :emot-questioned:

Of course, you have to figure out which category you are in :emot-crying::noidea:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  104
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  08/21/1981

Honestly sometimes following the rules is just boring. The rule I don't like is speeding. Very boring rule.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

I watched this afternoon while a woman parked her very shiny and new Jag in the No Parking Zone.... and proceeded to go in the building for a meeting.... the Fire Dept. was flushing hydrants... so they went over to her car looked at, shrugged - called it in to be towed and proceeded to flush the fire hydrant it was parked in front of... (DID I MENTION.... the top was down on the Jag?) ...... :emot-hug: It got very wet and then it got very...towed.