• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  788
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/18/1979

I think the Internet photos of Ms. Prejean were sexy & risque but not sleazy. I'm no prude.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

I think the Internet photos of Ms. Prejean were sexy & risque but not sleazy. I'm no prude.

Nor am I, but if she wishes to be taken seriously and to be a true advocate for Christian causes, she should rethink "sexy and risque".... :24:

Nor am I, but if she wishes to be taken seriously and to be a true advocate for Christian causes, she should rethink "sexy and risque".... :24:

Sex sells. Carrie will probably go where the money is. IF she wants to be known for anything but her beauty, Carrie's goinna have to go against the grain of Western society. Like Sinead O'Connor, who shaved her head bald becauser she didn't want her Irish beauty overshadowing her talent as a preformer. But even with a shaved head, she's still beautiful. And if God gave you natural beauty, trying to conceal it would be like spitting in His face.

Guest LadyC

gauntlet, God tells women to be modest. so risque photos that cause a man to lust after her is what spits in God's face.

anyway, the woman is living for God now, and like each of us, she has done things in the past that do not reflect her CURRENT relationship with Christ. plus she's said that she wants to pursue a career as a motivational speaker, not a model. so what we need to do is pray that she will continue to follow the Lord's will for her life.... which includes keeping her clothes on in front of anyone other than the man she marries.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Amen LadyC!

I pray after her time as Miss California ends, she completely repent of the modeling industry.

I don't particularly care for the modelling industry or the fashion world, for the record. Nor would I want anything sleazy to befall Carrie Prejean, but of course it's her life to live. Maybe she could better serve the world as a Christian activist-- if that's hoew she's being called who am I to argue? This is the same God that wants me to get baptized* (again) and pursue a life of service & ministry in the church. I may even end up doing pastoral work.

*this Sunday at Chartwell Baptist Church 11 am

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

I don't particularly care for the modelling industry or the fashion world, for the record. Nor would I want anything sleazy to befall Carrie Prejean, but of course it's her life to live. Maybe she could better serve the world as a Christian activist-- if that's hoew she's being called who am I to argue? This is the same God that wants me to get baptized* (again) and pursue a life of service & ministry in the church. I may even end up doing pastoral work.

*this Sunday at Chartwell Baptist Church 11 am

I think you would make a fine pastor. Congratulations on your upcoming Baptism. I've been sprinkled and baptized .... I try to cover all the bases. :24: