nebula

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  102
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I agree with you wholeheartedly Steff! And I appreciate your support River.

For some reason certain people actually believe that all Christains must support the tyranny of Bush and co., and support an undefined infinte "war of terror" without even defining exactly what "terror" is. Why do you think that Christains should support the horrors and evils of war? And then if we do not fall into the tiny box prepared for us- then we must be gay liberal Democratics who have no business even being in America. (According to the Bush crowd.) I'm sorry but to me this is even less than small mindedness! One of the great things about America is the fact that we are a melting pot- and we do allow freedom- Perhaps one of the most valuable freedoms is FREEDOM OF THOUGHT. From the tone of the majority here at Worthy-Boards I get the impression that, Freedom of thought is not valued very highly. I also get the impression that many feel that free thinking is neither an American nor a Christain value. We may not agree with everyone else- not even with other Christains- but I for one perceive this free thinking and freedom to make our own choices as a very American and patriotic. and like you Steff, I love my country and what it stands for. I am also a Constitutionalist and must say that I am appalled at how the Bush Administration has quickly and blatantly ignored and trampled the Constitution and the Bill of Rights underfoot.

And what is up with your response Called??? Blah- blah- blah??? To me this is both immature and counterproductive to an intelligent and inquiring discussion! correct me if I am wrong, but saying blah- blah- blah to someone shows nothing more than arrogant disdain of others points of view.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

You guys - do you realize just how complicated the whole situation is?

Do you know the history of the US and Iraq? Who's responsible for Hussein's rise to power? Who's responsible for correcting the mistake?

Do you receive all the intelligence reports from the FBI, CIA, and NSA? How would you sift through it all had it been your desk these reports came to? Think you have all the answers - just because of the 9/11 report? What of all the classified information that could not be included in the report (I don't know if it was mentioned that it exists or not, but you can sure believe there's lots of unclassified info that didn't even get hinted towards in that report!)

Which country is the biggest threat? Which leader has shown himself the more likely to be aggressive with his capabilities?

Have any intelligience reports claimed a link between Al Queda and North Korea?

What if there is more to Iraq than what we have been told? That we can be told?

Politics is a lot more complicated than what the evening news can ever tell us.

Sure, we can rant and rave about whether or not this war was just. But how can we know for sure either way? Could we have seen the end results of the alternative actions - if there are indeed alternatives? What if there is no cut and dry right and wrong, but rather a "better" and a "worse?"

Tread with caution, for you know not where the path, any path, may actually lead.

Guest Called
And what is up with your response Called??? Blah- blah- blah??? To me this is both immature and counterproductive to an intelligent and inquiring discussion! correct me if I am wrong, but saying blah- blah- blah to someone shows nothing more than arrogant disdain of others points of view.

Call me what you may. I do have disdain for that point of view while I have family members putting their lives on the line for your freedom to have dopey opinions. There you go. God Bless! :)

Guest shiloh357
Perhaps one of the most valuable freedoms is FREEDOM OF THOUGHT. From the tone of the majority here at Worthy-Boards I get the impression that, Freedom of thought is not valued very highly. I also get the impression that many feel that free thinking is neither an American nor a Christain value.

Guess what? Freedom of thought works BOTH ways. You have the freedom to think what you want, and we the freedom to think that you are wrong. You think that we don't value freedom of thought just because we disagree with you and dare to say so? That is pretty hypocritical.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

Call me what you may. I do have disdain for that point of view while I have family members putting their lives on the line for your freedom to have dopey opinions. There you go. God Bless! 

I'm still just computer-stupid enough not to know how to post in huge text, but consider this one of the HUGEST Amens I ever gave!

t.

Guest Called

I reread what I wrote earlier today and I guess I could have been a little nicer, so I apologize if I seemed rude. I will respect your opinions, even if I don't agree with them at all. God Bless!

Debbie :cool:

Guest Called
I'm still just computer-stupid enough not to know how to post in huge text, but consider this one of the HUGEST Amens I ever gave!

Thanks my orange brother! I guess I kind of felt guilty for my tone, so I had to apologize. I don't want anything to come between me and the Holy Spirit. Know what I mean? :cool:

I don't think it is wrong to help other people to become free but if the populace isn't willing to fight for it on their own then as the founding fathers realized, the climate would not be right for freedom to take root. We cannot ask our trrops to fight for anyone's freedom but our own.

We needed the French to help us in our war of Independance. We helped them regain theirs in WW1 and WW2 (not sure why?)

The muslims of Bosnia were being exterminated. I think we did the right thing. We are currently opposing genocide in Sudan. Is that wrong also?

There was a disaster in Vietnam because politicians didn't let the military win the fight...because there were folks like yourself who didn't think it was important that the South Vietnamese be free.

Pol Pot massacred millions when we left.

I see nothing wrong with standing against evil.

We always leave the place better than we found it....and we DO leave so it can not be characterized as "imperialism"

Imperialism is also forcing our views or system of government upon another country. We have tried to do several times and failed miserably. When the climate is right the country will change on its own. At that point then I think it would be appropriate to give support to the people fighting for freedom.

you act like every country is a democracy with a slightly different form of government than ours? It's just not so...

If you want freedom in Iran and say it in the wrong places....you are in danger of being killed by the government. Same in North Korea, Syria, Gaza, Eygypt, Saudi Arabia...etc.

You don't just vote them out of office.

It has never been good policy to "fight for someone who cannot fight for themselves" (A country) and our founding fathers knew this. I suggest you get a copy of the constitution read it and get back to me.

We have the right to LIFE, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness. If there are those who are sworn to take that LIFE & LIBERTY from us then our government has the RESPONSIBILITY to end that threat.

You can fight terrorists without an army and it is not our job to depose dictators even someone as despicable as Saddam, that is the job of the Iraqi people.

They have tried many many times.....he gassed 100,000 Kurds for it. ]

He's butchered people's feet in plastic shredders for even looking like they might think about talking to someone who possibly dreamed of it.

But you are right....we aren't there just to help them. That is but a by-product of ridding Saddam of diplomatic status in the world community.

Our country didn't attack Iraq, the country. It attacked a dictator and it's evil regime. 

Really? Tell that to the thousands of civilians who died during the fighting. The end never justifies the means.

if you are talking about people dying in a war, then yes, the ends do justify the means. Many heroic Americans have given their lives in past wars and your point of view only disrepects their sacrifice for our freedom.

WW2 isn't even close to the same situation, we were attacked first.

You are correct to a point.

The point you are missing is that many millions would not have died had we taken Hitler seriously BEFORE he conquored Poland.

Had we enforced the treaty which ended WW1 (and the treaty that ended Gulf War I) as soon as he broke it, there would not have been a Polish blitzkrieg....and the rest was history.

No we don't. That is just the line you've been fed. I agree North Korea is a problem, but we won't invade them precisely because they can retaliate.

We won't invade them period. It will be vaporized in a nuclear exchange if negotiations go too far south. No one wants that.

And North Korea was exporting technology and WMDs to Iraq and other rogue nations.

I stand with my country and the constitution and against those who would abuse it, where do you stand?

With you, I honestly believe that...but I disagree strongly with your analysis. It doesn't seem to understand the global situation we have presented to us now.....or the history of the conflict.....while also ignoring the reality that the military response we are giving is ALL our enemy understands.

They don't ever read our Constitution before beheading someone, ya know?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

Thanks my orange brother! I guess I kind of felt guilty for my tone, so I had to apologize. I don't want anything to come between me and the Holy Spirit. Know what I mean? 

I reckon' :cool:

t.

Guest LCPGUY
They don't ever read our Constitution before beheading someone, ya know?

Right on Bro yod :cool:

In His Love,

Bro John