IGNORED

Anyone on here with Spiritual Discernment, Prophets or Prophetess?

Blien

Guest Butero

I went to his web-site last night and couldn't find anything that would lead me to conclude he is a false teacher or false prophet. I think he is just someone trying to reach as many as he can, so he may push the money requests for that reason. To me, it just comes down to whether or not you like the man's ministry and message whether or not you support him? He came across sincere to me. That doesn't mean I am endorsing his ministry. I still know very little about him, but he is not an obvious charlatan.

WHY would we who have JESUS need a "prophet"?. In fact, after learning the "doctrine of Christ" (Hebrews 6:1), we no longer need any spiritual teachers because we can simply acknowledge that God is our true heritage ("anointing", common sense in Christ) will teach us the truth about God...

Why would Israel need Prophets when they had YHVH?

Please guys....don't criticize other people just because you don't understand them. God does a lot of things that humans wouldn't approve of.

From what I can tell, none of you investigated the guy before you made these shotgun statements. I don't know the guy, not familiar with him at all but there is no proof (oor even a slight indication) that he is fraudulently operating as wolf so it would be ME in sin if I say any evil thing of him.

Fresh water and bad water can't come from the same well.....

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  179
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Whether Youngren is ministering out of a heart of greed or genuine love, I don't know. Man always has that opportunity to serve the Almighty or himself, and it's a daily battle. The preaching of the Scriptures is always honored and will bear spiritual fruit no matter what state the vessel's heart delivering it is in. However, that fact does not replace being obedient to Papa and using His money wisely. Obedience is the walk that's going to take us to our eternal home.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  326
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

I have to admit that this flashed a couple of red lights to me:

You Are:

- Blessed, loved and highly favored of God

Who is he to say that? You might be a complete athiest sending a donation to get the down and dirty on him to sell it to a journalist. Giving him money makes you automatically blessed, loved and highly favoured by God does it?

That's flattery.

- valuable part of a global Gospel Advanceing team.

Valuable? How much did you give him? Enough to warrent that kind of a statement? If not, he's flattering.

- Touching millions of lives daily for Jesus through Gospel Festivals around the world, interational TV ministry and many other ministry outreachs.

You are? Then it must have been a heck of a lot of money that you just gave him. Once again. Flattery.

Grace Prayer Center is available for YOU 24/7

YOU I say. And not all those other miserable christians that haven't given me any money yet. Shouldn't prayer centres be available to and for everybody - not just those who support them financially? And even if the prayer centre is available to everyone, why is he emphasing the YOU?

I think he's flattering you so you feel better about sending him money. That doesn't mean he's not genuinely trying to preach the gospel, but it's wrong to do that.

I think you're wise to be careful.

My two bits.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  106
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I agree with Yod on a couple of counts here.

1. It's a serious thing to spread innuendo about a brother. It's ok to ask questions about someone in public ministry, but we have to be careful about how we do it so that we don't convey damaging preconceptions.
  2. If we do find a real problem, it's very appropriate to go public about it. This is what Paul did with Peter in Antioch, when Peter was backsliding on the Gentiles issue.
  3. I came across Youngren a few years ago and was attracted to what I saw. The need he purports to fill is real, and he seems serious and dynamic. But as I considered it I received clarity that I personally need to avoid infomercial fundraising. I know it's effective, and I really don't begrudge its use, but I have determined to operate at a more intimate level of accountability than it affords. Simply put, I don't trust it. But that's a personal decision.
  4. I think the passage in the OP is about bringing a gift out of respect to the prophet. I don't think it's a pay-for-service deal, but it does point to the Gospel principle that the workman is worthy of his wage. IOW, we should be willing to support people who are truly doing the Lord's work, as we are able.
  5. How anyone can deny the existence of prophets in the Church Age is beyond me, as Eph. 4 clearly affirms their role. Some say the office has ceased since Scripture was sealed. I would agree that no prophet today can utter scripture-level revelation, but that still allows for a lot of valid prophecy at a more pedestrian, if you will, level.
bb,

p.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

One thing I do not do is limit God. I was only suggesting the human factor (which we all have).

Thanks everyone for your comments. Collen, I just wanted to point out that there are modern day prophets based on this New Testament scripture

1 Corinthians 12

Spiritual Gifts

1Now about spiritual gifts, brothers, I do not want you to be ignorant. 2You know that when you were pagans, somehow or other you were influenced and led astray to mute idols. 3Therefore I tell you that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, "Jesus be cursed," and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit.

4There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit. 5There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. 6There are different kinds of working, but the same God works all of them in all men.

7Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. 8To one there is given through the Spirit the message of wisdom, to another the message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, 9to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, 10to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues,[a] and to still another the interpretation of tongues. 11All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he gives them to each one, just as he determines.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  74
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  04/13/1948

My Friend, as a Child of God, do two things to confirm your questions about him.

Number one - Keep reading your Bible, praying, and thanking God every day for supernaturally leading you where He wants you to go. What He wants you to do... and the local church and pastor where you go, probably needs your support in prayer and money. Are you backing them up first as the Bible teaches us.

Second - To satisfy your curiousity, keep listening to this man preach and what he says.

Gods man, or woman, if they are truly His, will preach the Word, without compromise. A false preacher always lets the cat out of the bag by his words. He will soon slip up and say things that are not of God, if you listen closely.

Also, a falsie (my word) will do things that are completely contrary to Gods actions and what His Word says.

As a true Christian, you will know by the Spirit that liveth in you, who is true and false.

I admit I've never heard of the man...but considering that I have preached as many as 4 sermons in one day, I personally have had little time to check tv preachers out.

There are some really wonderful, anointed men and women of God all across our nation though.

God Bless you for wanting Gods guidance and directions. A Christian that knows their Bible and prays, following God in sincerety, scares satan spitless. satan trembles when he sees, a child of God upon their knees.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

I closed this thread because we have a long standing policy of not criticizing other Ministries.

Quite honestly,

Were moving forward as a Ministry, I'm not exactly sure what this other Ministry is doing, but making unwarranted remarks like:

This con man (televangelist) wants MONEY (your money)

Is not how we are to operate Biblically, and really, we need to check ourselves in regards to this behavior because:

Mr