Deepblue

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

ok....the term lukewarm Christian is probably an oxymoron. And I was using the term "lukewarm Christian" meaning, someone who claims faith, but there is no appearance of it. In other words, they call themselves Christian, but they aren't. I believe that once we are saved, we are saved. Perhaps the thread title was misleading, and thanks for the verse interpretations. Can a mod please close this? I think this has been a misunderstanding.

I'm with Joe on this one. It is never a mistake to discuss scripture. You did not come up with the term, God did, and we are wise to consider every word He spoke.

There is a warning in these words, one that is not only for a specific church, but for the whole body. You have caused people to consider where they stand. Some will acknowledge that they are lukewarm and are seeking to be on fire for Him. Others are already there and rejoice in Him, strengthening their stance. That is a great thing. Others will not humble themselves in this manner. They will not search their hearts and acknowledge that there are parts in their lives that need changing, or know of these parts are are not willing to turn from them. That is scriptural.

Thanks for the opportunity to share on this subject.

Blessings,

Alan

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

DeepBlue, my apologies if I offended you. I did not mean to do that at all.. really. But I was really upset regarding the message that was presented because I've heard similar ones all to often. I think it creates a lot of confusion among Christians and hurts some who really are desiring to follow the Lord. Like I mentioned in my first post it was misguided.

Anyway, if anyone is interested in learning about the historical references Jesus made about the streams of water its in this sermon. Regarding Laodicea, the "lukewarm Church".

http://realitymessages.com/audio/2008-02-1...urch-80kbps.mp3

Enjoy!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  326
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

ok....the term lukewarm Christian is probably an oxymoron. And I was using the term "lukewarm Christian" meaning, someone who claims faith, but there is no appearance of it. In other words, they call themselves Christian, but they aren't. I believe that once we are saved, we are saved. Perhaps the thread title was misleading, and thanks for the verse interpretations. Can a mod please close this? I think this has been a misunderstanding.

I disagree on the once saved always saved idea. The bible doesn't support that. And 'spit you out of my mouth' doesn't sound like someone who God views as having 'won the race' and finished well. (or at all.)

I also think that the whole concept is self-explanatory without going into the whys and wherefores. Lukewarm means exactly that (as already stated.)

Someone who claims to be a follower of christ but is only willing to go part of the way. Regardless of how they present themselves to the outside world.

It's self-serving christianity.

I also disagree on the 'judging' other christians statement. Where do we draw the line on judging? Hitlar (apparently) went to sunday school. Think of all the atrocities that have been commited in the past under the 'name' of christ.

Sin is sin. When someone is sinning it's pretty obvious. When someone is claiming to have higher standards then they actually do, it's also usually pretty obvious.

Did Jesus call out the hypocrites? Yes. Why? Because they were hurting Gods people. Hypocrisy does. Ignoring it destroys Gods church because it allows sin to reign freely. We're supposed to be coming out of the world, not hanging on to the bits of it we like while claiming we're not or that it's ok with God.

Christian?

So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing;

and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire,

that thou mayest be rich;

and white raiment,

that thou mayest be clothed,

and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear;

and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve,

that thou mayest see. Revelation 3:16-18

Christian?

>>>>>()<<<<<

Saved?

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Acts 2:21

Saved?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Thank you Deepblue. You have given me something to think about. These are good points to ponder. God bless you.