• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  665
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/24/1968

Okay, I have a question I am curious about.....

If I have a dream that comes to pass; however, it is not good, what am I to do with it? I understand that dreams are given for a reason but what is the purpose of having a dream you can do nothing about? It is warning? Is it destiny? Is it for prayer?

I am just curious.....

Thanks for all productive responses :huh:

If I have a dream that comes to pass; however, it is not good, what am I to do with it? I understand that dreams are given for a reason but what is the purpose of having a dream you can do nothing about? It is warning? Is it destiny? Is it for prayer?

I am just curious.....

Thanks for all productive responses :emot-hug:

When These Things Happen, I Turn Them Over To Jesus

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

Psalms 23:1

And Praise His Holy Name

Rejoice evermore.

Pray without ceasing.

In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Trust Him

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Proverbs 3:5-6

Praying!

Love, Your Brother Joe

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts. Jeremiah 15:16

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  562
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

if you had a dream that already came to pass then it may be to help you realize the importance of the next dream. There are many kinds of dreams God dreams man dreams and evil dreams. That is something that you learn to decern with prayer and seeking such as you are doing now.

Manytimes dreams can be given so as you cam pray for the situation to change the outcome or to prepare yourself for something that is coming.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Sorry angelique -

I can't figure out dreams myself.

Other than asking the Holy Spirit for wisdom and trusting the Lord will make it clear what the dream is about and what He wants you to do about it . . . I don't know.

Prayers for wisdom and revelation to be granted unto you. :emot-hug:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I've had some dreams like that before (recently). I think the best thing to do is first earnestly pray to God about it. He might be revealing things about yourself that needs changing or preparing you for a greater work. It scared me a little bit at first when it started happening to me, but the closer I drew to Christ, the more peace he granted me in those situations. The Bible says that God will pour out his spirit upon all flesh in the last days. I truly believe we are in the last days, and most Christians will try to shut you up if you try to speak about the urgency and closeness of Christ return, even though God has revealed all things to us. The devil is uping his tactics because he knows his timeline is almost over. I believe the world is about to start seeing "Pentacostal" power from the Holy Spirit. God might also be preparing you for a work he has in store to lead his people in these last days. Ask God for wisdom and discernment. Pray without ceasing. Draw near to God and he will draw near to you. I truly believe only God can truthfully foretell the future, and if the dreams are from God, it's a comfort to know that He will never do anything to harm you. I can speak about my experiences but it is too much and detailed to type. But like someone said ealier, talk to God about it, and leave yourself open to the work of the Holy Spirit. He will never guide you the wrong way.

• Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

Usually what I do diligently wait for it to come to pass and then see it unfold and why. If it is a scary or alarming thing, I pray to God about it (for a person's safety, world peace or whatever it may be).

I find that sometimes GOD shows us these things so we can pray for them! Sometimes, its also for your spiritual growth, so that GOD your faith and trust in GOD may grow.

GOD BLESS YOU

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I think some dreams are just dreams. Hopefully nice ones.

Scripture tells us, I paraphrase here, my bible is not close at hand, that the moon will be turned to blood and that young men will see visions, and old men dream dreams.

During the bombing of Bagdad, when the oil wells were set alight as a smoke screen, there was an eerie picture taken at night of the full moon, shining through the oil smoke clouds, and it was blood red. I thought to myself at the time Uh, Oh.

I'm old and I have been dreaming of a giant snake lately Uh, Oh.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

I've had very realistic dreams of what I wanted to happen, but they didn't happen.

• Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

I've seen red moons before.. nothing scary about them. That is unless it's the day of the Lord.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  60
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I am just curious.....

Thanks for all productive responses :thumbsup:

Hi engelique -

I hope the responses have been helpful for you.

Here's my personal experience with this.

Dreams from God

I'm not sure why you believe this dream was from God, or perhaps it is a hypothetical question. Either way, speaking to you from direct experience, I frequently have interesting and vivid dreams that leave a strong impression on me for days afterward, but they are just dreams, not from God.

*However*, I do have dreams from God several times per year. These dreams have a few very distinctive and common characteristics:

• They are short and simple (not long, complicated stories that change locations and elements throughout the story)
  • They have a consistent and cohesive story line (they do not jump around from place to place with different people popping in and out like many dreams do)
  • They are highly symbolic but the symbolism is always very clear and evident to me (I don't need to guess at what the symbolism means, or look it up in a book on dream interpretation)
  • In every one of them, I have clear memories of praying in the dream, or talking with God, or crying out to Him, or asking for direction, etc. (but I do not remember ever getting an answer in my dreams)
  • I was never ever fearful or afraid in these dreams

Any one of these elements might occur in a regular dream, but my dreams from God always have each one of them in every dream.

My responses to dreams from God

Becuase the symbolism is always very clear to me, my understanding of the dream does not require much analysis. I usually focus on the symbolism and what, exactly, I was praying or asking God about in the dream. The result is that most of the dreams I have that were from God were warnings to me personally. Some have been direction, but most have been warnings. And they were unsolicited. That is, I don't recall ever having a dream that answered a question or thought I had before I fell asleep (like Nebuchadnezzar's dream of the four kingdoms he had after he pondered the question about his kingdom and what would happen after his reign was over).

When I have heeded the warning of the dream, and done something different based on the clear symbolism in the dream and what I was asking God about, nothing remarkable has really ever happened. But when I have *not* heeded the warning, I *always* regretted it. Nothing life-shattering has happened (yet) when I have not heeded a warning dream from God, but I have always seen how I or someone else would have been better off if I had just done something in response to the warning. Additionally, each time I have one of these dreams where I don't do anything in response, and I later regret it, I am still better off becuase I learn from the experience. It strengthens my ability to recognize when dreams are from Him and it encourages me becuase it reminds me that He has my best interests in mind.

So if you did have a dream from God, and it already came to pass, it was either a warning to give you an opportunity to avoid it, or an assurance that He is in control and with you as you walk through what is about to happen. But it is not "destiny" - it is not etched in stone with no ability for you to change the outcome.

I hope that this was helpful for you -

~clay