IGNORED

Does anyone remember the 1979 Iranian Revolution?

nebula

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

i was playing as the house band at a bar where they had 2 Iranians working as bartenders. One supported the Shah and the other supported the Islamic Revolution.

Guess which one was a decent guy?

The one who supported the Shah was in America going to college but all of his assets were frozen by Jimmy Carter and he couldn't finish school. Had to get a job in a dive bar.

I remember the shame of having a worthless President as a leader. America was impotent while college kids took the American Embassy hostage for 444 days of taunting and national humiliation.

That's why Reagan won so easily....

Wow, that's sad.

Thanks for the info. :)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/02/1961

America supported the oppressive rule of the Shah of Iran with weapons and such. He plundered the country's wealth for his own family. It was a secular government, and the Shah exiled the religious leaders, the main one being the ayatollah Khomeini, who was in France. Anyway, the Shah got cancer and came to the US for treatment while the Shah's military forcefully attempted to put do the revolution of the people; many, many more than now. The ayatollah was allowed back into the country, the people overthrew the Shah and invaded our Embassy and took our people hostage. They were hostages for 444 days. Carter sent the military on a rescue mission which failed miserably in the desert of Iran. The hostages were released on the day that Ronald Reagan was sworn in as President.

They were actually rescued by a Canadian outfit.

No they weren't. They were released by the Iranians minutes after Reagan was sworn in.

I remember why they were released, too. As soon as Reagan was sworn in, the rebels figgered Reagan (whom they thought of as "just another cowboy actor") was gonna drop an atomic bomb on 'em. So they released their captives.

Those days sure were scary. I was a senior in high school through that.

a.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

up date from what i am hearing more protests and the police are taking it out on the protestors and more deaths i am listening to sbs world news up dates and wil be watching sbs world news in australia tonight

i also watched sbs last week and they showed the seige and hostages that were taken back then it was a documentary i found it intresting listening to the cia agents sharing how they had a tuf task resquing the american hostages

even the students who took over the embacy and the hostages were interviewed

very strange though how they all thought that what they were doing they would be seen as heroes

if dictators were alowed to rule their countrys like with what we see happening in north korea

can we realy say what is happening know in iran that the ones protesting should just cave in and shut up and alow them selves to be ruled by a dictator

what gets up my nose no one talks to the source instead we hear what wiki has to say we listen to the press and we alow the press to tell us what we need to hear

what was going on in yugoslavia the world was shown what its president wanted the world to see the serbs did not want to be seen as the bad guys the serbs wanted to be seen as the good guys and the muslims living in yugoslavia and the people of kosavo and us croatians as the bad guys the serbians wanted america to come behind them and other countrys to come behind them

genocide was happening while the world was sleeping and ignoring the peoples pleas

thats why i said what i said to georgedw81 i dont want to hear what wiki has too say i notice a lot of memebrs who belong to on line christian forums go to wiki they say wiki is to be trusted its a trusted site it gives out accurate information and the stats are acurate i say hog wash and talk to the source

if the press were alowed to air what we were wanting them to air to the world i can place a $50 dollar bet that everyone who belongs to this forum and the members hear would be shocked your jaws would hit the floor

as a boy i was scared i was mad and i was saying god wear are you why are you alowing evil men to harm us and mame us

i am very lucky to be hear today and every day i thank god for alowing my family a way to leave yugoslaivia

going over nebulas topic listening to whats been said and hearing diffrent oppinions i am seeing that some dont realy under stand what its like to live under a dictator or do the ones who belong to countrys that hav not experianced war or genocide to even imagine what goes threw a childs mind

i was only young when we came to australia and i feel for the iranians so far we have had no marches hear or peac full protests like melbourne has had canberra is our national capital

for george to leave what he or she had left showed me they have no clue or are clue less

the protestors want the world to see what realy is going on and its goverment is saying no we wil not show the world what realy is going on

we should be praying for that countrys it looks to me thes protestors are wiling to die just like my people were willing to die

the philippines news shows dead bodys i was viewing a shoot out and you saw the cars and the police and the criminals and you heard the bullets being fired when a body is shown on the evening news you see the blood and you see the persons face nothing is covered you are even taken to the court hearings and you are shown their jails and the news team interviews the inmates

the people that are protesting know in iran dont want religon ruling them so i gues we wil see if islam rules or if the people win

damo1

What nationality are you? At first I thought Aussie and then Filipino and now you are from Yugoslavia? Just wondering?? :)

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

He's Croatian, emigrated to Australia, been interacting with the Philippines

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66