• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I just saw Spiderman 2 today. I know a lot of people have negative attitudes towards movies in general, but I found some things with this movie to be impressed about.

There was no blood.

Although there were deaths, the deaths were not necessarily shown (the most dramatic was to see a man's hand go limp).

There was not sex.

For the most part, everything that we've been decrying Hollywood for have been toned down dramatically.

Not that it was perfect, but all things cosidered, it was a good clean-up job, IMHO.

In addition to these, Peter's aunt, in one scene gave thanks to a statue of an angel of God saving her life. No, it wasn't the statue, but a representation that she acknowledged sent her an angel to save he life, and she gave thanks.

Some I heard felt upset that in her "Hero" speach to Peter did not contain a reference to God (as opposed to her praying the Lord's Prayer in the first movie). However, I thought the speach was very fitting to the theme of the movie, and she did mention the value of sacrifice. Now, the last I checked, the call to sacrifice was a very Biblical theme. I was not offended at all, but rather was gladdened for the return of a modern movie to distinguish right from wrong, heroism from cowardice, and the call to lay down your life for your friends (OK, not stated as such, but it's the same message if you think about it).

I say two thumbs up and thank-you Hollywood for your efforts at returning goodness and standards to the entertainment industry!

(Disclaimer: Some may feel the action is too intense for young children. Play it by ear with what you believe you kids can handle.

And again, I'm not saying the movie was perfect, i.e. there is some "language" - though very minimal. However, I applaud the improvements that were made.)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  307
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/02/1972

I totally agree it was great we (gymrose and i) saw it last nite it was a great movie well done to the makers. :t2:

• Topic Count:  191
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  629
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  03/29/1970

I haven't seen it yet, but I plan to. Great to know it's a good movie.

God Bless

Jacqueline

• Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  669
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  09/04/1986

I haven't seen it yet, either, My FH and I are planning on seeing it, as well as "The Notebook". We're going on Friday night or Saturday.

I like the first one. It was good. He went last friday night with his brothers to see Spiderman 2, and loved it, so he said we had to go :t2: