Scared that this dream will come true!

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  106
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

GPC, I just did a quick search on Dream over at http://www.blueletterbible.org/search/tran...dream&t=ESV . True, perhaps all the dreams recorded in the Bible were legit. But Jeremiah talks about unnamed false dreams of false prophets, so I infer that dreams, though they bypass our conscious filters, must be judged for their validity, even when they come to genuine prophets.

You mentioned the Pharaoh dream which Joseph interpreted. It came true, but they were able to mitigate its effect through preparation. Not great, perhaps, but better than nothing. And really, it was all in the Lord's will, fitting into His larger plan regarding the nation of Israel.

But other dreams are warnings that allow not merely a way to cope, but a way of direct escape. Joseph received a bunch of them at the time of Jesus' birth - avoid Herod, go out to Egypt, leave Egypt but stay away from Judea, etc. He heeded the warnings and thus avoided the consequences he was warned of. Similarly, Job 33.15ff specifically talks about dreams being used to change our course.

I'm sure you're in prayer about it, and maybe you can awaken other intercessors on your behalf as well.

I just found an online course you might take a look at, at http://www.godspeak.net/ps_lessons/ps32_index.html . I haven't taken this course yet, but I have taken others from that site and from that teacher specifically, and I have found them to tend to range from very good to really excellent. Nothing bad so far. But again, I haven't looked at the dream course yet.

Good luck with this, and I will be praying for your understanding and for your divine protection, through angels bearing messages, support and provision, and protection.

p.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

OK so my mom has the gift of dreams , so do I. We find things out through our dreams and often times they come true. Well, tonight my mom came into my room freaking out because she dreamed that I was forced to do something sinful against my will ( cant say what it was on here). She described to me what happened and what she thought it meant and I was a little freaked out because in the past months I have been in some similar scenarios and have had similar thoughts as my mom was describing.

So anyway, now I am so scared that this will happen. I looked up Joseph's dreams in the Bible and all of them came true. Even when he interpreted the dream about the famine, even though he was able to aid the famine, the famine still happened. So now I am afraid that this will happen.

Does anyone know any passages that show when a dream's outcome was altered? Or any comforting passages? Im worried now. Really worried.

Nobody can force you to sin even when death is staring you in the face. Committing a sin is always a willing act. We are not exempt from the influences of satan even in our dreams and a dream that tells you that you are going to be forced to commit a sin is indeed a dream from satan. Any dream that makes you fear, freak out, depressed, angry and so on is a dream from satan.

Forget about it and move on.

• 3 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  210
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

OK so my mom has the gift of dreams , so do I. We find things out through our dreams and often times they come true. Well, tonight my mom came into my room freaking out because she dreamed that I was forced to do something sinful against my will ( cant say what it was on here). She described to me what happened and what she thought it meant and I was a little freaked out because in the past months I have been in some similar scenarios and have had similar thoughts as my mom was describing.

So anyway, now I am so scared that this will happen. I looked up Joseph's dreams in the Bible and all of them came true. Even when he interpreted the dream about the famine, even though he was able to aid the famine, the famine still happened. So now I am afraid that this will happen.

Does anyone know any passages that show when a dream's outcome was altered? Or any comforting passages? Im worried now. Really worried.

Nobody can force you to sin even when death is staring you in the face. Committing a sin is always a willing act. We are not exempt from the influences of satan even in our dreams and a dream that tells you that you are going to be forced to commit a sin is indeed a dream from satan. Any dream that makes you fear, freak out, depressed, angry and so on is a dream from satan.

Forget about it and move on.

:emot-handshake: