Scared that this dream will come true!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  52
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

OK so my mom has the gift of dreams , so do I. We find things out through our dreams and often times they come true. Well, tonight my mom came into my room freaking out because she dreamed that I was forced to do something sinful against my will ( cant say what it was on here). She described to me what happened and what she thought it meant and I was a little freaked out because in the past months I have been in some similar scenarios and have had similar thoughts as my mom was describing.

So anyway, now I am so scared that this will happen. I looked up Joseph's dreams in the Bible and all of them came true. Even when he interpreted the dream about the famine, even though he was able to aid the famine, the famine still happened. So now I am afraid that this will happen.

Does anyone know any passages that show when a dream's outcome was altered? Or any comforting passages? Im worried now. Really worried.

Your Daddy Loves You

Call To Him

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

Romans 8:15

Your Big Brother Loves You

Trust In Him

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

Psalms 23

Praying!

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

Love, Your Brother Joe

Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him. Job 13:15

Guest asilvertrumpet
OK so my mom has the gift of dreams , so do I. We find things out through our dreams and often times they come true. Well, tonight my mom came into my room freaking out because she dreamed that I was forced to do something sinful against my will ( cant say what it was on here). She described to me what happened and what she thought it meant and I was a little freaked out because in the past months I have been in some similar scenarios and have had similar thoughts as my mom was describing.

So anyway, now I am so scared that this will happen. I looked up Joseph's dreams in the Bible and all of them came true. Even when he interpreted the dream about the famine, even though he was able to aid the famine, the famine still happened. So now I am afraid that this will happen.

Does anyone know any passages that show when a dream's outcome was altered? Or any comforting passages? Im worried now. Really worried.

1Co 10:13 - No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.

Just because you have a dream it does not mean that it will come to pass, or that you are doomed to experience it.

The enemy of your soul is always busy at putting things in your spirit and dreams that seem to be from God, so you have to be very careful what comes into your arena, your thoughtlife.

You can bring things into existence with continual thought, ie: Job 3:25 - For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me.

You ever say I think I'm getting a headache, and you have one? Or Looks like I am going to have a bad day? And you do? We are attacked in our dreamlife and our speech.

Just because you have a certain dream does not mean you have to fulfill it. Ask the Lord where did that dream come from and who was the voice speaking. I have had to deal with that for years and still do.

Here is the scripture that is comforting to me and for you because you are His Child and know that nothing gets past His All seeing eye. Nothing! If He thinks you cannot handle something He will not allow it. Bank on God and His mercy, it does not fail and is never ending. His mercies are renewed day by day!

Ps 46:10 - Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

Be Blessed

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  630
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  03/09/1990

Don't fear, precious child of God!

Psalm 71

1 In You, O LORD, I put my trust;

Let me never be put to shame.

2 Deliver me in Your righteousness, and cause me to escape;

Incline Your ear to me, and save me.

3 Be my strong refuge,

To which I may resort continually;

You have given the commandment to save me,

For You are my rock and my fortress.

4 Deliver me, O my God, out of the hand of the wicked,

Out of the hand of the unrighteous and cruel man.

5 For You are my hope, O Lord GOD;

You are my trust from my youth.

6 By You I have been upheld from birth;

You are He who took me out of my mother

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  378
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  08/06/1967

Whenever I get scared, I recite the verses in Psalm 91:

Psalm 91 (Today's New International Version)

Psalm 91

1 Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High

will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. [a]

2 They say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress,

my God, in whom I trust."

3 Surely he will save you

from the fowler's snare

and from the deadly pestilence.

4 He will cover you with his feathers,

and under his wings you will find refuge;

his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.

5 You will not fear the terror of night,

nor the arrow that flies by day,

6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,

nor the plague that destroys at midday.

7 A thousand may fall at your side,

ten thousand at your right hand,

but it will not come near you.

8 You will only observe with your eyes

and see the punishment of the wicked.

9 If you say, "The LORD is my refuge,"

and you make the Most High your dwelling,

10 no harm will overtake you,

no disaster will come near your tent.

11 For he will command his angels concerning you

to guard you in all your ways;

12 they will lift you up in their hands,

so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.

13 You will tread on the lion and the cobra;

you will trample the great lion and the serpent.

14 "Because they love me," says the LORD, "I will rescue them;

I will protect them, for they acknowledge my name.

15 They will call on me, and I will answer them;

I will be with them in trouble,

I will deliver them and honor them.

16 With long life I will satisfy them

and show them my salvation."

Someone told me this is a soldier's psalm. I once watched Band of Brothers, and in one scene in the midst of battle, a soldier was reciting it.

Always find refuge under His wings.

South :blink:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

Have you considered asking your Pastor...

That is what he is there for...at least the ones I have known..

Dreams can be lots of things and they are not all "from God"..

Sometimes they are indigestion or even an a tormenting spirit..

The last time I had a dream that frightened me the answer came when I prayed ...

I was not trusting God and because I was not I was opening myself up to fear..

And the dream was His way of showing me I needed to stop it...

Do not fear, trust him and pray for an answer to your dream..

and ask your Pastor to pray with you...

I have noticed in a couple of passages when men and women have been given dreams that the beginning of the dream begins with "fear not"..interesting....

and you cannot be forced to sin against your will..

sin is an act of doing something you know is wrong and wanting to do it anyway..

If someone holds you at gunpoint and makes you rob a bank you did not sin...

Ok.... can't happen...

Not even the devil can cause you to sin against your will...

and evil spirit can speak to you but if you do not head you are not sinning ...

if you head ..you are ...and it was your choice ...

Please do talk with your Pastor..

Find out the purpose of God giving dreams to His people ...

I hope someone with some good understanding and the ability to share it will come and post here for you...

Lord Bless you and your mom and you seek His face concerning your dreams...

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

Perhaps this was a warning. You can't tell us what the situation is, but you say you have been in similar situations. Well, my mother used to tell me that the best way to stay out of trouble is to not be where trouble is. If this was a warning then pray that you will see when you are nearing trouble, then get away.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  9

Pray and read your Bible. I do not think fear is coming from the Lord. Pray.

Guest Butero

There are examples in scripture where prophecies were altered because of prayer. Jonah told the people of Ninevah their city would be destroyed within 40 days, but when they prayed and fasted, God spared them. A prophet was sent to one of Israel's kings, and the message was that he should get his house in order because he would soon die. The king sought God, and the Lord healed him. Yes, I believe that through prayer and fasting, it is possible to avoid the event from occuring your Mother dreamed about.

My advise would be to seek the Lord, and ask him to deliver you from the evil you have been shown. In addition to that, take precautions to avoid being in a place where you will be vulnerable to attack. If your fear is of some kind of assault, try to avoid being alone. I don't believe it is automatic you will have to endure this trial. Even though I mentioned two examples in scripture where prophecy was altered, and you are likely familiar with them, I will post them here, because you probably need to see them for yourself to build your faith. 2 Kings 20:1-7

1 IN those days was Hezekiah sick unto death, And the prophet Isaiah the son of Amoz came to him, and said unto him, Thus saith the LORD, Set thine house in order; for thou shalt die, and not live.

2 Then he turned his face to the wall, and prayed unto the LORD, saying,

3 I beseech thee, O LORD, remember how I have walked before thee in truth and with a perfect heart, and have done that which is good in thy sight. And Hezekiah wept sore.

4 And it came to pass, afore Isaiah was gone out into the middle court, that the word of the LORD came to him, saying,

5 Turn again, and tell Hezekiah the captain of my people, Thus saith the LORD, the God of David thy father, I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears: behold, I will heal thee: on the third day thou shalt go up unto the house of the LORD.

6 And I will add unto thy days fifteen years; and I will deliver thee and this city out of the hand of the king of Assyria; and I will defend this city for mine own sake, and for my servant David's sake.

7 And Isaiah said, Take a lump of figs. And they took and laid it on the boil, and he recovered.

This was a direct prophecy from Isaiah that Hezekiah would die. The word of Isaiah was sure, but God heard the prayers of Hezekiah and answered them. In Jonah 2:4, the prophecy was given:

4 And Jonah began to enter into the city a day's journey, and he cried, and said, Yet forty days, and Ninevah shall be overthrown.

Notice that he didn't give them any reason for hope. He just said this as a matter of fact, yet the people repented and in verse 10 it says

10 And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  53
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  11/08/1976

Pray and read your Bible. I do not think fear is coming from the Lord. Pray.

Amen!

2 Timothy 1:7

For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

I've had a lot of fear and the more I focused on the fear the worse it got. It built upon itself, and created new fears, and they built upon themselves.

Oneday the Lord just said,, "If you believe why are you afraid? Believe in what you were given."

No more fear. It tries to come back every now and then, but "Resist the Devil and he will flee"