• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  187
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  678
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/23/1959

I can't believe that people are still idolizing this guy after all this time, he is still raking in millions of dollars every month from people who have blinders on when it comes to him. Doesn't he have to answer to anyone, besides God? Why doesn't the media expose him for what he is. They went after Jim Baker, Jimmy Swaggert why can't they take him down, so more people don't get drawn into his web and loose all their money. Satan is alive and well and living on planet earth!!

PROPHECY OR PRESUMPTION?

TIME IS RUNNING OUT ON THE SPURIOUS ORACLES OF BENNY HINN

The late PFO director Bill Cetnar repeatedly declared,

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

Marilyn: I know the frustration; I just tell my hubby it's best to 'turn the channel' when some television preachers come on. There's a lot of good programming out there.

We almost always find lots of great programming.

I have taken this issue with Hinn to the Lord. I perceived a still small voice telling me to pray for him.

That's all I can do. I hope he will receive whatever God is wanting to give him.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest shadow2b
-Jeremiah and Moses said we are to judge self-professing prophets on the basis of their accuracy. Paul instructed the Church to

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  05/16/1962

53 views and just 2 responses. I wonder why? :cool:

Why does this guy get so much attention in here? I say forget him and move on...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  60
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Marlyn77 are whatever the name was on the Benny Hinn post. I have a question for you, where in the bible does God give us the right to judge are condemn any one for their mistakes. I see hatred in your post for this man and all tv preachers. Whats up with you. Did god sat you judge, did he appoint any one of us a judge and jury over his own. How can you say this man are any other is false when you cannot see their heart. Only the lord knows the intent. You use those old testment scrip as a whip yet I noticed there were no new testment quoted so I thought I would even the playing field somewhat, for those who don't know the bible. Romans 8:33 Who shall lay anything to the charge of Gods elect. It is God that justifieth. Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died. 2 Cor-3:13 Every man's work shall be made manifest, for the day shall declare it. For it shall be revealed by fire and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. 1Cor 6:5 Therefore judge nothing before the time until the lord comes, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts and then shall every man have praise of God. 1 John 4:1 Beloved believe not every Spirit but try the Spirits whether they are of God because many false prophets are gone out into the world. Hereby know ye the Spirit of God. Every Spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God. The last accounts I had of him Mr Hinn does confess Jesus Christ, thus making him a brother and a child of God.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  05/16/1962

where in the bible does God give us the right to judge are condemn any one for their mistakes.

I don't know about Benny's mistakes. I do know what he does and teaches on purpose. And for these things, I believe the man is a false prophet. :cool:

God gives us not the right, but the duty, to test spirits and watch out for false teachers.

• 5 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  657
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  02/15/1959

Marilyn777, Thats a great post! My husband calls him Benny Hindu. I saw him on tbn several months back, He was talking with Paul Crouch and told Mr. Crouch that Jesus was going to start to appear on stage with him at his healing crusades.

Mr. Crouch seemed stunned and asked Mr. Hinn if Jesus was going to show up in bodily form. Well of course Mr. Hinn goes on to say and he said that Jesus was also going to start to appear at other ministers conferences and so on.....

And the first thing that l thought of was the verse in the scriptures that Jesus told His diciples that if they say I am in the desert, dont go there, or If I am in the upper chamber, dont look there....

Could he just be saying these things to draw even bigger crowds, or could he be a part of the deception that is coming on the earth? Maybe he is being used by Satan and people are so desperate to get healed that they flock to him.

I know scripture says that the delusion will be so great that if it were even possiable the elect would be decieved.

I can see it happening as satan will want as many followers as he can get, and he will want to pull as many away from the true faith of God so as to put their faith and trust in him(or anyone he uses to carry out his plan)

Yes, I agree he is a scary fellow. My husband too tells me to turn off tbn, and other faith based programs such as Mr. Hinns. But I told my husband that there needs to be watchmen, evaluating and comparing these prophets and healers to the word of God to see if it lines up. We need to sound the alarm and be aware of the enemies tactics . What good is discernment if we dont stand up for the Truth and warn fellow believers?

We should love one another enough to speak the truth, and yes, sometimes the truth hurts, but it does become necessary. God says His people perish for lack of Knowledge.

I encourage everyone here to really listen to what the many ministers (especially on tv) are saying. Compare it to scripture, pray for discernment, the holy spirit will guide us into all truth if we sincerly ask it of Him.This is not judgement, thats Gods business, this is Spiritual warfare, and thats our business.

And that business about "Touch not His anointed" has been used to keep Gods people silent and it is nothing more than spiritual abuse. That verse I can only find one time in scripture, where David was referring to King Saul, telling his men to not kill him. It meant not to lay their hands on him to kill him, it had nothing to do with rebuking, asking questions, and so on.

Well, as usual i said to much but I just wanted to tell Marilyn777, Koodozz to ya for sounding the alarm!

Be Blessed

Guest LCPGUY
I see hatred in your post for this man and all tv preachers. Whats up with you.

Well, if you see hatred in Marilyn, then you

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  07/07/1964

This is from the article Is it wrong to be a berean?

Do we have any examples in scripture when a person actually speaks out against false teachers and apostates? If there are then these people who say that it is wrong to speak out are in conflict with scripture. Here is a short list of scriptures where names are set forth as warnings to Christians:

1) John (the apostle of love) goes so far as to call what Diotrephes does in the church as "Evil" and even suggests that he does not know God (3 John 9-11).

2) Jude speaks out against, Cain, Balaam, and Korah using adjectives such as "Greed" and "gainsaying" and also pronouncing, "Woe unto them!" (Jude 11).

3) The apostle Paul had some strong words for the sorcerer El'ymas, "O full of all subtilty and all mischief, thou child of the devil, thou enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord (Acts 13:10)."

4) The apostle Paul gives the names of Phygelus and Hermogenes, they had turned away from him and he warned the body of Christ (2 Timothy 1:15).

5) The apostle Paul also warned the church about Demas, saying that he had forsaken him and that he, "loved this present world" (2 Timothy 4:10).

6) The apostle Paul says that, "All men forsook me," and gives us this warning, "Alexander the coppersmith did me much evil: the Lord reward him according to his works: Of whom be thou ware also; for he hath greatly withstood our words. At my first answer no man stood with me, but all men forsook me: I pray God that it may not be laid to their charge" (2 Timothy 4:14-16).

7) The apostle John records the words of Christ who is angry that the church in Pergamum for allowing false doctrine to be taught. Again, names are named so that the church will know who to avoid, "But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balak to cast a stumbling block before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication. So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate. Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth" (Revelation 2:14-16).

8) The apostle John records the words of Christ as He commends the church in Ephesus for "hating" the deeds of the Nicolaitans, "But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate" (Revelation 2:6).

9) The apostle John records the words of Christ who is angry with the church in Thyatira for letting Jezebel a false prophet and teacher lead the people astray, "Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols" (Revelation 2:20). What a frightening warning to these Christians leaders that remain silent and let God's people be lead astray by false teachings.

10) Jesus commends the church in Ephesus for testing what so-called "apostles" were telling them with scripture, and since these "apostles" contradicted scripture Jesus calls them liars, "I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars" (Revelation 2:2). Again, Jesus commends the church in Ephesus for testing and exposing false apostles. For Christian leaders today to discourage us from testing and exposing false teachers is a lie from the pit of hell.

These scriptures above lay forth a foundation for all Christians to emulate. If we would follow the advice that we should just love everybody and build them up regardless of what they say or teach, we would fail our Lord in the most basic fundamentals of our faith.

This sentiment is at odds with our duties as disciples and soldiers of the cross (Acts 17:11, 2 John 9-11, 1 Thessalonians 5:21, 1 John 4:1, Revelation 2:1-3, Jude 3, Titus 1:9, Romans 16:17-19, 2 Timothy 4:2, Acts 20:28-31, 2 Corinthians 11:2-4, 11-13, Titus 2:1,15, 2 Timothy 3:16-17, Matthew 7:15, Acts 13:6-11).

We as Christians are warned so many times of the coming false teachers (Acts 20:28-31, 1 John 4:1, Matthew 7:15, 2 Peter 2:1-3), we are also exhorted to test what we are taught by Christian leaders (Acts 17:11, 1 Thessalonians 5:21, 1 John 4:1, Revelation 2:1-3). The ultimate burden lies at our feet as believers, we shall all answer for our lives before God.

There is a second line of defense against these false false teachersand teachings, it is Christian leaders of every sort: husbands, pastors, teachers, elders, and many others ordained of God in leadership positions. We in these positions have a responsibility to take charge of those in our care, to insure that wolves are exposed and destroyed.

Does not a good Shepherd fight for his sheep and destroy the wolves (John 10:11, Psalm 23, 1 Samuel 17:34-36)? It is the hireling who does not care, the hireling is selfish and thinks of his comforts, his influence, and his kingdom. The hireling lets the sheep be ravaged by wolves (John 10:11-13), he has other concerns that might be affected if he took a stand against these wolves, and their ever growing influence on "Christianity."

Guest shadow2b
-Marlyn77 are whatever the name was on the Benny Hinn post. I have a question for you, where in the bible does God give us the right to judge are condemn any one for their mistakes. I see hatred in your post for this man and all tv preachers. Whats up with you. Did god sat you judge, did he appoint any one of us a judge and jury over his own. How can you say this man are any other is false when you cannot see their heart. Only the lord knows the intent. You use those old testment scrip as a whip yet I noticed there were no new testment quoted so I thought I would even the playing field somewhat, for those who don't know the bible.

-hi,ms.oil------WeLLLLLL,Geeee-we are quite used to young--unknowledgeable people coming on these boards who are quite adept at proclaiming themselves to be a "righteous--judgemental--over-bearing-know-it-all-"who just must insert their erroneous-judgements upon those that are quite obviously much-more learned in the "Scriptures"than those that just come-on-charging around like a woundedmadbison.gif-Buffalo-ya see ms.oil,YOU are the one that "knows" very--very--little of the Scriptures---other than those that

"seem"to cover & protect your personal-"Religious guru"I.E.-Bin--hin---Who IS by the way "A-False-Prophet--False-Teacher"-As evidenced by his many UNfulfilled-Prophetic-utterances"claiming to be from "GOD" I.E. the homosexual community in san-francisco will be destroyed in the 90s-no-later-than-1995---UNfulfilled--"False-Prophecy"---As WeLLLL as many other documented {false-prophecies} from hins own mouth---Which does according to "GOD'S WORD" make him A "False-Prophet"-

-WE the "Church"are MOST assuredly to "Judge"the words--& The actions of those claiming to be "Prophets of GOD"--& just in case you don't "Know"the requirements of GOD to be HIS prophet--Every-=single Prophecy the "Prophet"states as coming from GOD--I.E. "Thus-sayeth the LORD"-GOD is telling ME that--????-Must come to PASS-Exactly-as Prophesied--EVERY-TIME----

-100%---NO-EXCUSES---NO-Practice prophecies---NO-guesses----100% all the time Every time----

-1st.COR.6:vss.2.Thru.5--------

-Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be

-judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters? Know ye not that

-we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life? If then ye

-have judgments of things pertaining to this life, set them to judge who are least

-esteemed in the church. I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise

-man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren? 

-Eph 5:vss.6.Thru.12-------

-Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the

-wrath of God upon the children of disobedience. Be not ye therefore partakers

-with them. For ye were sometimes darkness, but now [are ye] light in the Lord:

-walk as children of light:(For the fruit of the Spirit [is] in all goodness and

-righteousness and truth;) Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord. And have no

-fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them..For it is

-a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.

-Now ms.oil,DO you understand the meaning of the words:-"judge things pertaining to this life"--I.E. what a "Prophet" must do to be a TRUE prophet Of GOD--the prophecies must come-to-pass-Every-Time-All-the time-100% of the time-OR they are a"False-Prophet"!!--Then of course there is the word:"REPROVE"

-Which is defined as:Exposing"& declaring that the words of the prophet failed to come to pass--Therefore "HE IS A FALSE-PROPHET"

-AS defined by GOD'S WORD---hin meets the "Requirements"that expose him as a "False-Prophet"WE are just Agreeing with GOD'S WORD & setting forth the events hin has stated are from GOD & yet those "Words from GOD"failed to come to mpass---Therefore according to "GOD'S WORD"hin IS A FALSE-PROPHET"---

-Now ms.oil--either sit quiety by on these boards & "LEARN" What GOD'S WORD IS

all about & "LEARN"something about the "People on Worthy" & you "Might"? redeem yourself from allowing your youthful exuberance to get the better of you & Prove by "Opening your mouth-& making Erroneous statements & exposing just how little you actually know about the Scriptures----"Perhaps"???-