turtletwo

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

The OP simply asked if a noticable remnant of jewish people coming to faith in their Messiah Yeshua means anything in the prophetic scheme of things.

She was asking if there were any scriptures that spoke about this time and that has nothing to do with the debate

Thanks Yod for trying to clarify my intent. Yod is correct. I don't know how my topic ended up going in this direction. And to be honest... this new debate is going over my head. ( I have a chronic neurological illness which unfortunately affects how deeply I can grasp things anymore. ) So simplicity is always very :taped: appreciated. Could we possibly just stick to my actual question? Which was simply if the increasing number of Jewish people recieving Yeshua as their Messiah today was foretold in Scripture as a sign of His Second Coming. I was hoping that someone could share Old Testament Scriptures pertaining specifically to that. To those of you who sought to help me, thanks. To those of you who sought to use my topic as a springing board for a new topic...I wish you would just have posted that as your own new topic. But it's okay. No hard feelings. :blink: I am just a lady with a painful and disabling disease ( no cure ) who eagerly awaits the return of Yeshua, my Messiah. I look for signs to bring me hope that perhaps it shall be soon. And I believe Messianic Jews know the Old Testament prophecies in a unique way that many Gentiles don't. So I was appealing to their knowledge of the Old Testament prophetic Scriptures...Thanks everyone. :laugh:

T-two,

Here's one I know directly off the top of my head from the New Testament:

Ro

T-Two,

In Ezekial 37 you will see a vision that Ezekial the Prophet saw of a valley of dry bones. The bones came together and stood up and had flesh attached to them and they became alive again. This is clearly a reference to the Jewish Nation being restored to the world via a Miracle.

However, in verse 14 God states that after ressurecting them from their graves all around the world where they had been scattered that He would put His Spirit within them. This has not happened yet. :) It is stated that this vast Army would come to know Him and that He had done this. This hasn't happened yet either. :thumbsup:

Peace,

Dave

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  194

:) Thanks Dave. The Romans 11:15 one I had never even noticed before. Very interesting... As for the Ezek passage I have always heard it taught that this was fulfilled after the horrors of the Holocaust and the scattered Jews finally returning to their homeland, Israel. That this was what it meant by the dry bones arising. But are you saying that by God putting His Spirit in them means that the entire nation will recieve Yeshua? Is this the Millenium then? Excuse me for being a bit dense. I love prophecy, but it can be rather deep and confusing at times. At what point in the prophetic timetable will the vast army come to know Him? Or is Scripture silent on the specifics?

:laugh: Thanks Dave. The Romans 11:15 one I had never even noticed before. Very interesting... As for the Ezek passage I have always heard it taught that this was fulfilled after the horrors of the Holocaust and the scattered Jews finally returning to their homeland, Israel. That this was what it meant by the dry bones arising. But are you saying that by God putting His Spirit in them means that the entire nation will recieve Yeshua? Is this the Millenium then? Excuse me for being a bit dense. I love prophecy, but it can be rather deep and confusing at times. At what point in the prophetic timetable will the vast army come to know Him? Or is Scripture silent on the specifics?

T-two,

I believe that you are correct in the effect that it started to happen after WW2 and the Holocaust. However, there still remains millions of Jews in America who haven't returned to the land. :)

I believe that Paul speaks about the situation and how lovely are the feet of they whom would bear the Gospel to the world and the mountains of Judea. It is part of what this Ministry does through George Whittens Ministry. :thumbsup:

Specifics aren't something I've put much thought into. There are scriptures that speak about Israel's influence waning in the world and that the Nations will hold them accountable for some ghastly action.

I believe that through this persecution not only of Israel but those whom Love God and are joined with them and stand with them, the Church, that they will come to know the Love of God. It is stated that God will restore the fortunes of Israel because of His Word and for His own Great name.

He will Save them Himself. :sad030:

Peace,

Dave

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

Do remember Matt, not all who are IN Israel are OF Israel. Not every ethnic Jew will believe on Yeshua as Moschiach, but the REMNANT whom God has elected by grace. Only Father God knows who that remnant is. The nation of Israel is not a country in the Middle East, but a people set aside by God to serve Him. These are both Jew AND Gentile. The original Believers were of the remnant, the Gentile believers are the grafted in part of the nation of Israel and newer Jewish believers are part of the remnant as well. En toto, they comprise the Church, the called out ones.

God's Israel Church is both Jew and Gentile reconciled to God by Yeshua's death and resurrection.

Turtle, as to whether this is the thousands of years (what some call the Millenium) will depend upon whom you ask. I believe we are PAST the Millenium in what Scripture calls the "Little Season" when Satan is released to make one last fight against the Church. Others do not.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

There's neither Jew nor Gentile in the Lord Jesus Christ. All thru history, some Jewish people have believed & received their Messiah. We're all One in Him, our matchless Savior. The return of the nation Israel itself, indicates fulfilled prophecy in the time of the end. "Even so, come quickly, Lord Jesus!"

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  194

Maranatha! Can't wait till He returns! That was one reason I started the topic. Eager to be with my Messiah. The sooner the better. And hoping this increase in Jews recieving Him as their Messiah was one more sign of His imminent return. I really love the Name Yeshua. :emot-questioned: I find prophecy fascinating, although complicated at times. Thanks for all who have participated in this forum subject so far. I do hope this isn't the end of your interesting inputs and Scriptures pertaining to the topic? (Haven't seen an entry since the 14th.) By the way, I'm wondering is that was is meant by a "dead thread"? :) How long before it is considered dead and who makes the determination? Really thought that was a cute and clever emoticon and couldn't resist using it. Not sure if I'm the first to?... What is the difference between posting a topic and "starting a thread"? And what exactly is the meaning of "thread?" ( besides the kind you use with a needle, that is. LOL. ) Bear with me. I'm such a dum-dum on computer slang, etc! :emot-questioned: Anyway, I hope this topic will stay alive...