Guest shiloh357

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

Outstanding article by Shiloh 357. I believe every word with all my soul. Worthy Boards, Cherish him!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,246
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  5

the shabat is where i slightly would change your statement. it represents yes god resting but no so much a memorial but a direct representation of Christ as he is our shabat. we are completed in him when its all said and done. the genesis account based on the limited research into judaism is also god creation of the universe for them. the aren that arrogant just that if you accept judaism as (ancient judaism) being a god given culture to men and used by men to show his nature then you will see that universe seemed to ordered for them. this doesnt mean the gentiles werent loved but God used a hebrew to get the word out to men and all of the bible and its symbols are from that perspective.

Guest shiloh357

the shabat is where i slightly would change your statement. it represents yes god resting but no so much a memorial but a direct representation of Christ as he is our shabat. we are completed in him when its all said and done. the genesis account based on the limited research into judaism is also god creation of the universe for them. the aren that arrogant just that if you accept judaism as (ancient judaism) being a god given culture to men and used by men to show his nature then you will see that universe seemed to ordered for them. this doesnt mean the gentiles werent loved but God used a hebrew to get the word out to men and all of the bible and its symbols are from that perspective.

Yeah, but you are introducing something that is not part of the topic we are discussing here. If you want to discuss Jesus as our Shabbat, then start another thread to do so.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,387
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

You do realize we are in relationship with God and by Whom you are made very ludicrous to us-> as you were born as we here and now and speak as though you have superiority in interpretive aspects of science which could be reasoned in more than one direction... As you seem impressed with what you bring to the table... we are not! Love, Steven

genesis 2 is a rehash of what went on. jews dont think like greeks then when it came to faith nor do have linear logic but instead used block logic when they told stories. in the hebrew language they didnt until recently(after the lords death on the cross or even later) the word for history. they borrowed the word historia. greeks says faith is some leap into the unknown. whereas jews dont see it that way. look at the accounts of when men moved by faith it was after encounter with god. greeks also believed one should intellectually know the dieties whereas a jew wont spend a ton of time on that but rather do what the LORD will tell him and by that they will come to understand the nature of God.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

jews dont think like greeks then when it came to faith nor do have linear logic but instead used block logic when they told stories....

That's probably the biggest problem with the Creation-Evolution debate - everyone is interpreting Genesis 1-2 as a Greek (Westernized) text rather than a Hebraic one.

greeks view their dieties as impersonable and untouchable..the hebrews were able to pray to god and talk to him. this is how good chooses to be seen and he used men and their culture relate. this makes the bible more believable as he used men to get the point across rather then have them dictate what he said. that said, why do we have to reconcile something for you when its only god will you see the bible for what it is. should i demand that you all reconcile how we even have the idea of morals based on a naturalist world view?. which means why would an amoral/unintellegent universe bother to even care whether we live or die or the earth dies. it doesnt. therefore your points are red herrings in this thread. a valid point if this was to be model considered but this thread on the premise that god did create and consistence demanded with the christian bible reading. for you see the tes must ignore the first audience and what they believed on the genesis account in order for evolution to be true.it would like ignoring the law given by moses then claiming that jesus came to save us. there had to be law to list what you would die for(if a jew) and a gentile the noahide laws got you or that conscience of yours. without these curses there no gospel!we westerners dont have this identity/history that the jew has with isreal until we become a christian. then we in a sense have the same thing. i can show you christians what i mean.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

jews dont think like greeks then when it came to faith nor do have linear logic but instead used block logic when they told stories....

That's probably the biggest problem with the Creation-Evolution debate - everyone is interpreting Genesis 1-2 as a Greek (Westernized) text rather than a Hebraic one.

Which means that the message of God can be readily understood only by people with a Hebrew mindset or by people a deep knowledge of their language and its nuances. Which is odd, considering that it should be readily available to all humanity.

Or that God believes in the human ability to use our brains and learn the Hebrew culture and mindset, then apply this knowledge to our reading of the Scripture.

;)

one need not have to have that high level of hebrew knowledge. in fact i was never raised in the temple. the holy spirit declared me a jew and told me that i should start with the roots of the bible for the jew. yes im a jew by last name but never was a practicing jew unlike my dad. reading the bible as its written and passed down is all it takes. when one does go to learn of the sages and oral traditions it adds to what depth the bible has whereas the gentiles didnt know about that part of the torah or the prophets and writings.