Guest HIS girl

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Nope, we're the dominant species for a reason, but we still contain flaws from our origins.

You have totally missed the story of Creation and the subsequent fall from grace. I pray that you will come to understand the Truth, Matrix.

The basic point is, we have all these physical flaws and that your God/god would be really bad at designing. Why the appendix? What's the point? Why "create" our eyes backwards and upside down? And why give the better hearing and seeing to other animals? Man was given dominance over everything else so why not give us the best of everything? Why give men too much sperm that they will never need? Why make our mouths too small to hold all the teeth that come in?

Bathylychnops exilis (sea creature) has two sets of eyes. One that looks outward and the other that looks downward. The development of the second pair of eyes is not a copy of the first pair. Its an entirely different evolution. Why wouldn't a great designer just have made a copy of the first pair of eyes? Clearly, they work well enough.

God has a purpose for every creature and for every facet of their physical being. How do you know the appendix is a flaw? Why would every human be born with a flaw? The design of the human eye obviously works so why do you say it's flawed? At one time I was amazed at the way the eye is designed too....but the designer is greater than me (and you) and He has a reason for everything. The fact that He didn't send us instruction manuals means nothing. As for the sea creature...well, I'll admit I don't know about that one and, in fact, I had never heard of a Bathylychnops exilis until today. But I do know that God has a purpose for the two sets of eyes. :cool:

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The stretches they make are absolutely hillarious, and yet they teach it like its documented truth... how utterly deceptive

You know what's deceptive? Forcing people to believe words in a book and worship it and at the same time not allowing any questions knowing that the answers can't be found in that same book. With so much "proof" you all claim to have, why were Christians ever afraid for questions to be asked?

Know what else is deceptive? You! Who is forced to believe or worship anything? Who doesn't allow questions? Neither statement is even remotely true. Ask as many questions as you can think of and I'm sure the Christians, including myself, who frequent this board will be happy to answer them, with no fear whatsoever. Just keeping it real...... :cool:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  483
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Know what else is deceptive? You! Who is forced to believe or worship anything? Who doesn't allow questions? Neither statement is even remotely true. Ask as many questions as you can think of and I'm sure the Christians, including myself, who frequent this board will be happy to answer them, with no fear whatsoever. Just keeping it real...... :cool:
Which animals did Noah take on the Ark? Has anyone made a list? If only representative kinds were brought onto the Ark which ones were they? If only one type of cat was present which one was it and what did it look like? Does that type of cat still exist or has it disappeared because it has diverged into all the other types of cats found in the world today? What did the cats eat when they got off the Ark? If there were only two of each kind of prey animal did the released cats, and other predators, quickly reduce certain species to extinction? How did those cats get to the New World? What marsupials did Noah bring on the Ark? How did he get them to Australia? Oh, and if there were only two of each kind on the Ark what would that do to the genetic diversity? Would not all the animals have been forced to mate with their siblings?

I think I'll stop, but that is only a very small sampling. Assuming the Flood is true there should be very few fossil animal remains above the flood line. The animals released by Noah must have lived near the Ark for a number of years. By tracing fossil remains Creation scientists should be able to answer many of the above questions. They should be able to determine which animals Noah had on the Ark. It should be possible to draw up a list of the animals and study how they diverged into the other types of cats, bears, elephants, cows, etc. It should be possible to trace their migration across the world by studying the remains atop the freshly laid mud deposits. Do you know of such studies? I don't. I can think of all kinds of ways to test out the Flood hypothesis, but I don't think anyone has ever tried. Does the fossil record uncovered by paleontologists support the Flood story or undermine it? Is there a single, universal flood layer above which all the animals that had previously lived suddenly disappeared? Should there be a layer above the flood deposits in South America and Australia which for centuries was devoid of animals. Hey, would all the plants in the world have survived the flood?

Are these questions real enough? :emot-hug:

How many animals do you suppose a boat 300 cubits, by 150 cubits by 75 cubits could hold? How big do you suppose that is?

What do you think of 'pangia'? Do you hold to the theory or no?

Are you under the assumption that God intended to save some of EVERY kind of life in the flood?

Guest HIS girl

'Hitchey'

Besides why should accepting evolution prevent you from believing in God and in the saving nature of Christ?

Because "true" evolution works on the basis of origin of life minus an Intelligent designer - God.

In all the evolution discussions I've listened to or read about, not once do they mention evolution and God together.

The only time you will hear the opposite is with evolutionists who claim to be Christians as well.

Do you feel there is common ground between atheist evolutionists and Christian evolutionists and if so - how do they connect beyond the agreed opinion of origins of man through evolution?

Are these questions real enough? :emot-hug:

Yes. Please refer to Genesis for your answers. :)

Are you under the assumption that God intended to save some of EVERY kind of life in the flood?

This view is the one I accepted when I was a child and I think that if we investigated we would discover that this was the view until recent decades. Once the true size of the world and the number of animals involved became generally known believers were compelled to reconsider.

Now that I have answered your questions WolfBitn, do you plan to address some of the questions I asked MorningGlory.

Oh!

>>>>>()<<<<<

Past Tense

Indeed As A Child You Were Very Wise To Trust Your Maker

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

Proverbs 9:10

As An Unbeliever You Know Not The Horror Of Sin Nor The Love Of God

And they went in unto Noah into the ark, two and two of all flesh, wherein is the breath of life.

And they that went in, went in male and female of all flesh, as God had commanded him: and the LORD shut him in.

Genesis 7:15-16

Nor Will You See The Message Recorded Of God's Wrath Within The Earth's Geology

And the flood was forty days upon the earth; and the waters increased, and bare up the ark, and it was lift up above the earth.

Genesis 7:17

Clearly Speaking Of The Power Of God As He Lifted Mighty Mountains Out Of The Shallows

And the waters prevailed, and were increased greatly upon the earth; and the ark went upon the face of the waters.

And the waters prevailed exceedingly upon the earth; and all the high hills, that were under the whole heaven, were covered.

Fifteen cubits upward did the waters prevail; and the mountains were covered.

Genesis 7:18:24

And Carved Trenches Deeply Into Ocean Beds And Sifted And Folded The Remands Of Destroyed Life

And all flesh died that moved upon the earth, both of fowl, and of cattle, and of beast, and of every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth, and every man:

All in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was in the dry land, died.

And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark.

And the waters prevailed upon the earth an hundred and fifty days.

Genesis 7:21:24

All Done Within The Time Of God's First Wrath Upon Sin Filled Old Earth And Well Known To Scientists Of Old But Mocked By The Unteachable Ones Of Today

Therefore wait ye upon me, saith the LORD, until the day that I rise up to the prey: for my determination is to gather the nations, that I may assemble the kingdoms, to pour upon them mine indignation, even all my fierce anger: for all the earth shall be devoured with the fire of my jealousy.

Zephaniah 3:8

Who Make Up Tales Unverifiable And Say "Oh What A Smart Man Of Science I Am"

For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

Romans 1:20-22

>>>>>()<<<<<

Future Tense

Like The Past Record. Most Folk Will Miss The Warnings Of The Coming Wrath

The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand.

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

John 3:35-36

Yet God Still Calls

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:16

Believe

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 3:17-18

As A Child

Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein.

Luke 18:17

And Be Blessed Beloved

Love, Joe

Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

John 11:25

Guest HIS girl

'Hitchey'

First, there is only one evolution, as there is only one God, so I am not sure what you mean by true evolution. Secondly, evolution is not about the origin of life. How life began no one claims to know. Even those who believe God is responsible put forward no hypotheses on how he did it.

Yes one evolution as put forward by the ideas of Charles Darwin. No God in the equation.

In the Creation account in Genesis, God is the originator of life - the origins of life start with Him as is documented in His Word. And argue as much as you want Hitchey but you won't change my stance and to tell you the truth, the arguments FOR evolution are just flat out boring to me now.

Evolution describes how life changed and adapted once it arose, but it does not explain how life started. This leaves the door open for theistic evolutionists to side with God as the originator of life. Whatever else they choose to believe about God or Jesus has nothing to do with evolution.

In fact evolution is a mockery of God and the Creation account and the Bible as a whole - man did not need to evolve to reach intelligence - it's that simple. Yawn.

Evolution maybe common ground to you and some, but when there are atheist and Christian followers of the SAME thing - then I smell a rat. It's that simple Hitchey....

Lead on Macduff...

Guest HIS girl
'Hitchey'
First, there is only one evolution, as there is only one God, so I am not sure what you mean by true evolution. Secondly, evolution is not about the origin of life. How life began no one claims to know. Even those who believe God is responsible put forward no hypotheses on how he did it.

Yes one evolution as put forward by the ideas of Charles Darwin. No God in the equation.

You are right, but can you name any scientific theory that employs God in the equation???

In the Creation account in Genesis, God is the originator of life - the origins of life start with Him as is documented in His Word. And argue as much as you want Hitchey but you won't change my stance and to tell you the truth, the arguments FOR evolution are just flat out boring to me now.
Then I shan't trouble you further with difficult questions.

Evolution describes how life changed and adapted once it arose, but it does not explain how life started. This leaves the door open for theistic evolutionists to side with God as the originator of life. Whatever else they choose to believe about God or Jesus has nothing to do with evolution.

In fact evolution is a mockery of God...
What I was addressing in the above quote was a misunderstanding about evolution. Evolution does not describe the origin of life and so Christians are free to believe that God was responsible for all life on Earth.

In fact evolution is a mockery of God and the Creation account and the Bible as a whole - man did not need to evolve to reach intelligence - it's that simple. Yawn.
This is a statement of belief and it is not held by all who call themselves Christians.

Evolution maybe common ground to you and some, but when there are atheist and Christian followers of the SAME thing - then I smell a rat. It's that simple Hitchey....
Are there no views you and I hold in common? Just because I am an atheist and you are a biblical literalist must we stand opposed on all things? We could start with something simple. I bet we both like pizza. :emot-highfive:

Hitchey, evolution bores me - I am not captivated whatsoever by the essence of it. I have watched enough evolution documetaries growing up (I did mention this in a previous post), and STILL, I am not moved to belief by it. I simply can't help it but I don't take to evolution in any way, shape or form. It's not the difficult questions Hitchey, it's just boredom setting in to the point I couldn't be bothered debating it.

We have no common ground when it comes to the staple of life - but the trivialities of it? Yeah - I do LOVE pizza! :thumbsup:

We have no common ground when it comes to the staple of life - but the trivialities of it? Yeah - I do LOVE pizza! :noidea:

:57_57::D

Yum....pizza.....the international language. :cool:

.... Evolution maybe common ground to you and some, but when there are atheist and Christian followers of the SAME thing - then I smell a rat. It's that simple Hitchey ....

.... because I am an atheist and you are a biblical literalist must we stand opposed ....

Dear One

LORD, who may abide in Your tent? Who may dwell on Your holy hill?

He who walks with integrity, and works righteousness, And speaks truth in his heart.

He does not slander with his tongue, Nor does evil to his neighbor, Nor takes up a reproach against his friend;

Psalm 15:1-3 (New American Standard Bible)

God's Kids Stand On Truth

In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was already with God in the beginning.

Everything came into existence through him. Not one thing that exists was made without him.

He was the source of life, and that life was the light for humanity.

The light shines in the dark, and the dark has never extinguished it.

John 1:1-5 (God's Word Translation)

For Jesus Is Our Creator And Redeemer

He created all things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible. Whether they are kings or lords, rulers or powers - everything has been created through him and for him.

Colossians 1:16 (God's Word Translation)

And Man's Evolutionary Tale Is One Of Anti-Christ Dogma

You turn things upside down! Is the potter no better than his clay?

Can something that has been made say about its maker, "He didn't make me"?

Can a piece of pottery say about the potter, "He doesn't understand"?

Isaiah 29:16 (God's Word Translation)

And Not About The Investigation By Scientific Methods Of His Creation

But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee.

Who knoweth not in all these that the hand of the LORD hath wrought this?

In whose hand is the soul of every living thing, and the breath of all mankind.

Job 12:7-10 (King James Version)

>>>>()<<<<<

Death Is The False Message Of The Religion Of The Evolutionist

And they said, There is no hope: but we will walk after our own devices, and we will every one do the imagination of his evil heart.

Jeremiah 18:12

Life Is The True Message Of The Creator

Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

John 11:25

Even The Angels Wait To See

Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.

Luke 15:10

Will You Choose Life

The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand. He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life:

John 3:35-36(a)

Or Wrath

and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

John 3:36(b)

Be Wise

>>>>>()<<<<<

Joy

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts.

Jeremiah 15:16

Is In Jesus

If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.

This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

John 15:10-12

I Love You LORD Jesus

Come Quickly

Joe

Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself; Isaiah 44:24