IGNORED

How do you deal with people of different faiths?

GodPreciousChild

Guest lovinghim4ever
No, I never stated that...just simply showing them the respect you want them to show you is what I was saying.

Sorry, Alekona, I wasn't implying anything toward you here.

I was agreeing with you and stating my own beliefs about the subject.

:thumbsup::whistling:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.88
  • Days Won:  33

I had a most ugly argument with a muslim. It got ugly. I just was never faced with a muslim telling me that Jesus is not the son of God and I got mad. I mean I have handled atheists better but this was ugly. Anyway, my question is, what did Jesus say we were supposed to do with people of differering faiths? How was I supposed to have handled that?

Pray for them!

Matthew 5:43-45 (New American Standard Bible)

43"(A)You have heard that it was said, '(B)YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

I agree Andy...

We are, as Christians, supposed to pray for others - especially those who do not know Christ. Not praying for someone because they are of another faith? No... that is utterly idiotic.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.07
  • Days Won:  78

I would refrain from doing anything like that. Two people who have a difference in faith (and their conviction is strong) should not attempt to convert or even pray for the other. I don't see that leading anywhere else but someone getting badly hurt. Its not noble, its stupid.

Christians are commanded to pray for the deliverance of the lost and deceived, Matrix. So, whether you think it's 'stupid' or not, I will pray for your soul.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I would refrain from doing anything like that. Two people who have a difference in faith (and their conviction is strong) should not attempt to convert or even pray for the other. I don't see that leading anywhere else but someone getting badly hurt. Its not noble, its stupid.

Christians are commanded to pray for the deliverance of the lost and deceived, Matrix. So, whether you think it's 'stupid' or not, I will pray for your soul.

Amen to that! Me too! We need to pray for everybody :)

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.07
  • Days Won:  78

Amen to that! Me too! We need to pray for everybody :thumbsup:

:)

I had a most ugly argument with a muslim. It got ugly. I just was never faced with a muslim telling me that Jesus is not the son of God and I got mad. I mean I have handled atheists better but this was ugly. Anyway, my question is, what did Jesus say we were supposed to do with people of differering faiths? How was I supposed to have handled that?

Pray for them!

Matthew 5:43-45 (New American Standard Bible)

43"(A)You have heard that it was said, '(B)YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR

Matrix, either you don't know the power of prayer because you don't know God....or you do know the power of prayer and are afraid that it might change a muslim's heart.

Prayer is about getting our will in line with the Lord's. He gave blood for the redemption of this muslim and indeed all muslims everywhere.

It's not arrogant - it is the mission of our faith - you don't think other faiths are not doing the same

Sure, all other faiths do it too, thats the problem. To preach the gospel to someone of a different faith is like talking to a brick wall with fists. Eventually, it ends badly. Its because of arrogance and this silly notion that one book (with the written word of man) is better than another book. They're books. With paper. Paper that can be easily burned and wiped out from existance. That makes it man-made and ridiculous to fight over.

Oh Matrix... I don't know quite how to put this.... hmmm.... BULL COOKIES. :)

Matrix, either you don't know the power of prayer because you don't know God....or you do know the power of prayer and are afraid that it might change a muslim's heart.

Prayer is about getting our will in line with the Lord's. He gave blood for the redemption of this muslim and indeed all muslims everywhere.

The power of prayer changing a Muslim's heart? That's rich. Hey, why not head over to the Middle East and start telling the Muslims that? I don't think they'd take it too well. If you're going to pray go ahead. I would just refrain from doing it to someone's face.

just because you are a 99-pound weakling of fear is no reason to assume everyone should be....

I've led a muslim to faith before. It's not nearly as hard as reaching a lukewarm christian who thinks they are saved.