Fork in the road. Bored of life.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  52
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Well Not a good time for me. Im at a crossroads now. I used to be a hopeless romantic and had dreams. Now Im thinking hat those things wont bring me happiness and im thinking of just devoting myself entirely to God. Im thinking of never marrying and not chasing ambition but just loving God full time. Although it is more peaceful it also does make life boring. So this is where Im at. Im confused about life and what I ought to do. Any two cents would be appreciated.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Well Not a good time for me. Im at a crossroads now. I used to be a hopeless romantic and had dreams. Now Im thinking hat those things wont bring me happiness and im thinking of just devoting myself entirely to God. Im thinking of never marrying and not chasing ambition but just loving God full time. Although it is more peaceful it also does make life boring. So this is where Im at. Im confused about life and what I ought to do. Any two cents would be appreciated.

Living for God should never be boring, but exciting, if you stay busy in His will. You never know where He will lead you! He will never let you down if you obey Him in all that you do.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Oh dear, loving God is not boring! As I read your post I wondered whether you think that, for you, chasing marriage and ambition, is distracting you from loving God with all your heart? Marriage is a wonderful thing, but I think that chasing it can get exhausting. Waiting on the Lord is a much better way to go :whistling:.

What is stopping God from loving Him full time right now? Are you loving Him full time right now?

:vader:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Loving God should be a joy, not a burden.

I think what you are actually saying is that your intentions of finding a husband and I guess a career or something are not bearing fruit? Well, I'm in the same boat.

I don't know what your "dreams" have been, so I can't comment on that.

But learning to love the Lord above all things is a good thing to do. Besides, you can't be secure in a marriage if you are not secure in your relationship with God. So maybe being single is a blessing? At least, I am sure this is true for me, so I'm not saying that to downgrade you or anything.

Prayers for peace in your heart.

Yes, I am not bearing any fruit at the moment. It is sad. I had a guy that has known me for about 10 years (hes not Christian) tell me that I have become something very disturbing. I think he was saying that because he knows I love Jesus and sit at home a lot and dont go out much.

I dont have a job, no boyfriend, nothing. I have nothing. I live with my parents still and Im in my late twenties. I would have never imagined that my life would turn out this way. I was always a smart person who was going to go somewhere in life. And here I am living a pretty sad life.

Ive tried to make some of my dreams come true but to no avail. I dont know why God is doing this to me. I have had no choice but to accept my situation and try to give myself fully over to God. I have given up on all worldly desires.

Im just pretty sad and dissapointed and ... miserable.

Im trying to be content in God but I cant help but wonder why I am going through this. Sometimes I think God is punishing me?

Or maybe that I am really a rotten person? God said that you will know a person by their fruit, well does that mean i am dead?

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Yes, I am not bearing any fruit at the moment. It is sad. I had a guy that has known me for about 10 years (hes not Christian) tell me that I have become something very disturbing. I think he was saying that because he knows I love Jesus and sit at home a lot and dont go out much.

I dont have a job, no boyfriend, nothing. I have nothing. I live with my parents still and Im in my late twenties. I would have never imagined that my life would turn out this way. I was always a smart person who was going to go somewhere in life. And here I am living a pretty sad life.

Ive tried to make some of my dreams come true but to no avail. I dont know why God is doing this to me. I have had no choice but to accept my situation and try to give myself fully over to God. I have given up on all worldly desires.

Im trying to be content in God but I cant help but wonder why I am going through this. Sometimes I think God is punishing me?

Or maybe that I am really a rotten person? God said that you will know a person by their fruit, well does that mean i am dead?

Psalm 37:4 (NASB)

Delight yourself in the LORD;And He will give you the desires of your heart.

We are to delight ourself in Him, and He will give us the desires of our heart. What you seem to have been doing is trying to fulfil your own desires and squeeze God in? When we delight in Him we align ourselves with His will and it helps us to not chase after things that He has not willed for us at this time.

:whistling:

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Discouragement is not of God. Satan loves to have Christians discouraged. If we seek Him wiht all our heart, He will move on our behalf. My signature is what I try to follow everyday. Hope it will help you too.

Yes well ive just given up, i mean, ive taken it all to mean that maybe i shouldnt want these things and maybe God just wants me to be wholly satisfied with him.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

Keep praying

• 3 weeks later...
Guest beachcrafts

I have a similar feeling often. The enemy is trying to "tell" me things that aren't true. I have to remember do NOT rely on feelings, but only on God's word speaking the truth. I have to take my thoughts captive and rebuke anything that I know is not true. It's hard to do sometimes but it can change your whole thinking and attitude right around. It's a great time to memorize that scripture about "think on these things...."the battle is always in the mind with the enemy.