GodPreciousChild

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  52
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I thought for certain that there was a verse that said something to the affect of: God gives you the desires that are in your heart.

Please understand that I am not talking about God granting the desires of your heart but I thought there was a verse that talked about how God put certain desires in our hearts to begin with. Am I wrong? Thanks...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

I thought for certain that there was a verse that said something to the affect of: God gives you the desires that are in your heart.

Please understand that I am not talking about God granting the desires of your heart but I thought there was a verse that talked about how God put certain desires in our hearts to begin with. Am I wrong? Thanks...

Psa 37:4 Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

Psa 37:4 Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

No not this one. I thought there was one about how God put a person's desires into their heart to begin with. Like whatever we desire was put there by God.

Another Scripture that may help you...

Eze 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

Do you have a concordance of any kind?

You are online so you could go to Biblegateway and do a search there ..that is if someone does not come along with just what you are looking for..

(If you do not have a Bible program on your computer E-Sword is a great one..it's memory is a lot better thatn mine.. :huh: )

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

Psalm 20:4

May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed.

Maybe this one?

Psalm 20:4

May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed.

Maybe this one?

Nope.

Hummm... the desires of the flesh are part of our fallen nature ..

It is a choice to put away those desires and seek His nature to rise in us..

this might help...

Jas 1:13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

Jas 1:14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

Jas 1:15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

Jas 1:16 Do not err, my beloved brethren.

Jas 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

Jas 1:18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

Jas 1:19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:

Jas 1:20 For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.

Jas 1:21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.

Jas 1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

Jas 1:23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:

Jas 1:24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.

Jas 1:25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

biblegateway.com

keyword search

No not this one. I thought there was one about how God put a person's desires into their heart to begin with. Like whatever we desire was put there by God.

I don't believe God dictates what we do and do not desire.

However.......

Romans 1

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting;

29 being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers,

30 backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

31 undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful;

32 who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.

2 Thessalonians 2

11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie,

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  871
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

Desire for?