WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

Other than continuing to state the obvious - which is that God doesn't approve of sexual deviancy - what should we as Christians do? I do not believe that homosexuality will take over our existence ... it's strikingly unpopular if you look at the differential between gay and heterosexual people... I don't understand .... besides stating the obvious - what it is we are "supposed to be doing"? I'm not going to hurt these people - I'm still praying for them and beyond that - what else?

Ya, let's all be silent. How has that worked for us so far?

So you disagree with this?

Matthew 15

13 But He answered and said, "Every plant which My heavenly Father has not planted will be uprooted.

14 Let them alone. They are blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind leads the blind, both will fall into a ditch."

Pointing fingers, talking smack, and preaching to the choir is really going to accomplish what?

So you folks are ok with Gay day at school, the whole homosexual agenda? The humanism of the church? Lets just ignore the Apostasy in the church and live our own lives? Sounds cool, huh? As long as me and mine are ok, you can just do whatever you want. After all, I can't judge anything or anybody's actions.

Why do you assume that? I'm not Lutheran or Episcopal nor do I belong to a denomination that supports the homosexual agenda - I tell myself and my family the truth of God's word. People who know me (which, by the way you don't) know where I stand. I continue to love and pray for people who are living in sin and against God's word. Therefore, why don't you just back off of me. I have no clue what your animosity is or why it seems to be directed at me in several posts. Now - you have a nice day.

I said you "folks". Is there more than one of you? I am addressing the ones saying we should just ignore it. And no, I don't disagree with anything that the Word says. I just don't think that the verse is talking about ignoring apostasy in the church when it says to leave them alone. Now, you have a good day yourself.

:whistling:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said you "folks". Is there more than one of you? I am addressing the ones saying we should just ignore it. And no, I don't disagree with anything that the Word says. I just don't think that the verse is talking about ignoring apostasy in the church when it says to leave them alone. Now, you have a good day yourself.

Here it is in context. Care to give "us folks" your interpretation of what is being said?

Matthew 15

1 Then the scribes and Pharisees who were from Jerusalem came to Jesus, saying,

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

How is people crying out against the apostacy of the church different than you telling us to leave them to their sin?

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

James 5:19-20

Brethren, if anyone among you wanders from the truth, and someone turns him back, let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death and cover a multitude of sins.

and again ...

2 Timothy 3:16-17

All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

From the same Bible. Since the bible does not contradict itself, which is right? Did you notice that Jesus also spoke when they were around, speaking the truth to them all, including the scribes and the Pharisees? Jesus is the only one who knows who is not His, nobody else. We are to speak His words to those who are in error, not ignore them so they can die in their sins.

How is people crying out against the apostacy of the church different than you telling us to leave them to their sin?

Do you disagree with what Christ said about the blind leading the blind?

There's nothing wrong with addressing what's happening within the church, but why does it always come down to focusing on either homosexuals or abortion?

If you want to talk about apostacy, let's do that. Open up a thread and we'll get the ball rolling.

Brethren, if anyone among you wanders from the truth, and someone turns him back, let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death and cover a multitude of sins.

and again ...

All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

From the same Bible. Since the bible does not contradict itself, which is right? Did you notice that Jesus also spoke when they were around, speaking the truth to them all, including the scribes and the Pharisees? Jesus is the only one who knows who is not His, nobody else. We are to speak His words to those who are in error, not ignore them so they can die in their sins.

Do you remember saying this to me?

I don't share your fears.

How many times should we tell someone they are in error before we let them go?

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

and again ...

Yes, I remember saying that. What fear is it that you see me have in this case? I tell you that I would be more afraid of their reply to me telling them the truth then I would be about their final destination, for I know that if I don't go, God will send someone else in my place. It is He who died for everyone, not just those who we are willing to speak to.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,273
  • Content Per Day:  4.86
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

Here it is in context. Care to give "us folks" your interpretation of what is being said?

Matthew 15

1 Then the scribes and Pharisees who were from Jerusalem came to Jesus, saying,

2 "Why do Your disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? For they do not wash their hands when they eat bread."

3 He answered and said to them, "Why do you also transgress the commandment of God because of your tradition?

4 For God commanded, saying, 'Honor your father and your mother'; and, 'He who curses father or mother, let him be put to death.'

5 But you say, 'Whoever says to his father or mother, "Whatever profit you might have received from me is a gift to God"

What it doesn't say is to be quiet when so called "Christians" are denegrating God to the world by endorsing activities which God has specifically forbidden. If you don't want to see it, you are part of the problem, IMO. You are twisting scripture to meet your own agenda of condoning the apostasy of this denomination. I will reject any attempt to silence me because that is not what the verses you posted are meant to say. This is my last word on this as I have made my position perfectly clear. Whether you agree or not matters not one iota to me. Be blessed.

Isn't this what that denomination is doing?

8 ' These people draw near to Me with their mouth,

And honor Me with their lips,

But their heart is far from Me.

9 And in vain they worship Me,

Teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.'"

Today we call them church leaders, ministers, clergy, whatever........2,000 years ago they were known as scribes and Pharisees.

and again ...

Yes, I remember saying that. What fear is it that you see me have in this case? I tell you that I would be more afraid of their reply to me telling them the truth then I would be about their final destination, for I know that if I don't go, God will send someone else in my place. It is He who died for everyone, not just those who we are willing to speak to.

So what did these gay clergy say to you when you confronted them?