IGNORED

WN: Lutherans to allow gay clergy in committed relationships - USA To

WorthyNewsBot

Pointing fingers, talking smack, and preaching to the choir is really going to accomplish what?

One never knows who will read the news here at Worthy. Ain't only the choir, my friend.

Do you actually think that a gay person who claims to be a christian is going to listen to you?...........I don't. Why would they, when they have churches that are willing to tell them what they want to hear? The Lutherans aren't the only denomination to have gay clergy. You guys act as if this is something new. It's been around for years. Where have you been?

And you're right, there are people who come here simply to read and get the christian point of view. If I would have been exposed to half the stuff that is said on these boards before I came to Christ, odds are, I wouldn't be here right now.

If you think that finger pointing and spewing hatred is a way to win a soul, you may want to rethink your strategy.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Pointing fingers, talking smack, and preaching to the choir is really going to accomplish what?

One never knows who will read the news here at Worthy. Ain't only the choir, my friend.

Do you actually think that a gay person who claims to be a christian is going to listen to you?...........I don't. Why would they, when they have churches that are willing to tell them what they want to hear? The Lutherans aren't the only denomination to have gay clergy. You guys act as if this is something new. It's been around for years. Where have you been?

And you're right, there are people who come here simply to read and get the christian point of view. If I would have been exposed to half the stuff that is said on these boards before I came to Christ, odds are, I wouldn't be here right now.

If you think that finger pointing and spewing hatred is a way to win a soul, you may want to rethink your strategy.

You have tunnel vision ...

There are those who come here that are wondering if ti is OK to have a gay minister in today's society, those were the one I am talking about. If you consider it finger pointing and spewing hatred claiming Gods word, then I will proudly hold that title. So, please do me a favor and show me where I have done this ...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Do you actually think that a gay person who claims to be a christian is going to listen to you?...........I don't. Why would they, when they have churches that are willing to tell them what they want to hear? ...

Did you know that my conviction that homosexuality is sin, came from conversations in chat, and posts on the forum, right here at Worthy? It came through people who preached the Word and did not waver. Yes yes yes, people are listening.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  79
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Its not all Lutheran churches. I belong to the Lutheran Missouri Synod and we don't agree with their liberal views. They also don't believe in the Bible being inerrant.

Its not all Lutheran churches. I belong to the Lutheran Missouri Synod and we don't agree with their liberal views. They also don't believe in the Bible being inerrant.

Do you disagree enough to split from them?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

Do you actually think that a gay person who claims to be a christian is going to listen to you?...........I don't. Why would they, when they have churches that are willing to tell them what they want to hear? ...

Did you know that my conviction that homosexuality is sin, came from conversations in chat, and posts on the forum, right here at Worthy? It came through people who preached the Word and did not waver. Yes yes yes, people are listening.

I had turned the computer off and was "done for the day" ..

I had read your post a little earlier and it was on my mind ..

I praise God for new understanding ...God can speak to a hungry heart...anyhow..your reminded me of this scripture and I wanted to tell you before I forgot... :24:

Pro 27:7 The full soul loatheth an honeycomb; but to the hungry soul every bitter thing is sweet.

and You never ever know who will glean some special meaning from the truth no matter how many times they hear it...it is not in jut the hearing it is in the heart understanding of what you hear ... even for the choir...

I cannot tell you the times I have heard a Scripture and it hit me like I had never heard it before although I had heard it a million times... :24: I love it...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  79
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

We are not a part of them to split from them in the first place. What is disturbing to me is that these ultra liberal groups are not the small fringe organizations with the media is pumping them up but these are the huge mainstream groups. The largest of the denominations. Take notice because we are told that it will be like Sodom and Gomorrah.

Edited by InfoCentral

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

Other than continuing to state the obvious - which is that God doesn't approve of sexual deviancy - what should we as Christians do? I do not believe that homosexuality will take over our existence ... it's strikingly unpopular if you look at the differential between gay and heterosexual people... I don't understand .... besides stating the obvious - what it is we are "supposed to be doing"? I'm not going to hurt these people - I'm still praying for them and beyond that - what else?

Ya, let's all be silent. How has that worked for us so far?

So you disagree with this?

Matthew 15

13 But He answered and said, "Every plant which My heavenly Father has not planted will be uprooted.

14 Let them alone. They are blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind leads the blind, both will fall into a ditch."

So you folks are ok with Gay day at school, the whole homosexual agenda? The humanism of the church? Lets just ignore the Apostasy in the church and live our own lives? Sounds cool, huh? As long as me and mine are ok, you can just do whatever you want. After all, I can't judge anything or anybody's actions.

Why do you assume that? I'm not Lutheran or Episcopal nor do I belong to a denomination that supports the homosexual agenda - I tell myself and my family the truth of God's word. People who know me (which, by the way you don't) know where I stand. I continue to love and pray for people who are living in sin and against God's word. Therefore, why don't you just back off of me. I have no clue what your animosity is or why it seems to be directed at me in several posts. Now - you have a nice day.

We are not a part of them to split from them in the first place. What is disturbing to me is that these ultra liberal groups are not the small fringe organizations with the media is pumping them up but these are the huge mainstream groups. The largest of the denominations. Take notice because we are told that it will be like Sodom and Gomorrah.

My apologies. I thought your church was like the Episcopal church. I have to admit, I know nothing about your denomination.

I agree, the last days are upon us.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,273
  • Content Per Day:  4.86
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

Other than continuing to state the obvious - which is that God doesn't approve of sexual deviancy - what should we as Christians do? I do not believe that homosexuality will take over our existence ... it's strikingly unpopular if you look at the differential between gay and heterosexual people... I don't understand .... besides stating the obvious - what it is we are "supposed to be doing"? I'm not going to hurt these people - I'm still praying for them and beyond that - what else?

Ya, let's all be silent. How has that worked for us so far?

So you disagree with this?

Matthew 15

13 But He answered and said, "Every plant which My heavenly Father has not planted will be uprooted.

14 Let them alone. They are blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind leads the blind, both will fall into a ditch."

So you folks are ok with Gay day at school, the whole homosexual agenda? The humanism of the church? Lets just ignore the Apostasy in the church and live our own lives? Sounds cool, huh? As long as me and mine are ok, you can just do whatever you want. After all, I can't judge anything or anybody's actions.

Why do you assume that? I'm not Lutheran or Episcopal nor do I belong to a denomination that supports the homosexual agenda - I tell myself and my family the truth of God's word. People who know me (which, by the way you don't) know where I stand. I continue to love and pray for people who are living in sin and against God's word. Therefore, why don't you just back off of me. I have no clue what your animosity is or why it seems to be directed at me in several posts. Now - you have a nice day.

I said you "folks". Is there more than one of you? I am addressing the ones saying we should just ignore it. And no, I don't disagree with anything that the Word says. I just don't think that the verse is talking about ignoring apostasy in the church when it says to leave them alone. Now, you have a good day yourself.