Catsmeow

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,265
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Bob, Satan has an answer for everything. If you judge a man's fruit, then you'll be mocked as a "fruit inspector". I've seen that one, too.

Catsmeow that's a new one on me. I had not ever heard that before.

Sam

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,478
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/11/1972

Bob, Satan has an answer for everything. If you judge a man's fruit, then you'll be mocked as a "fruit inspector". I've seen that one, too.

I figure I might as well resign myself to being public enemy #1. I have already taken a stand on sin. I won't deviate.

I accepted Christ and was single, (I'm married now). I had to repent from sexual sin and sin no more.

I had to keep my mind from sinful movies or stimulus and avoid things which would cause me to sin.

I would 'think' that would include any movie that entices me to do anything that is sinful or wrong.

Anymore, it doesn't matter if we're talking to professing believers or not...people are either lukewarm and straddling the fence or their sold out for Christ and refuse to yield.

If anyone were to sit down and do a real thorough study of the "seven churches" in the Book of Revelation, it makes it painfully clear that many churches tolerate things which are offensive to the Lord. Some are just lukewarm and endangered to be "spewed out of his mouth".

Some are about about to lose their lampstand entirely. Others are predestined to lie on a bed of suffering for their immorality which they will not repent of.

Jesus is not "tolerant" or "permissive". I can't understand how people can be parents of children and not understand that loving a child means discipline and firm direction. It doesn't mean giving them license to do their own thing. That's not love.

God made concrete rules. Some will accept and embrace those rules and some will not.

Ok, since I'm a judgmental fruit inspector ( confused.gif ), what do you think to your own question Cats ? You don't think we should judge the bad fruit America is producing ? I'd be interested in why....We should hold them accountable for the rampant defamation of God's name and His commands ? Throughout the Bible we are commanded to be a " light on a hill " and the " salt of the earth ".... to be different....stand out....why should we be complacent ? You lost me now....

And where did you get I was being tolerant ?!?!? I said the exact opposite! Please....do explain....

Bob

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/16/1962

Yes He was....the Bible does not condemn anger - rather it says "In your anger do not sin. Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry ( Ephesians 4:26 ).

Exactly what I was going to say. :o