• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  122
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/03/1949

A lot has been said--especially in these final days--about the gospel of Jesus Christ being, in so many words, politically-incorrect or offensive to the sensitivities of those who do not believe. Even some Christians, in the name of something akin to "peace and love and harmony" have bought into the fantasy that there can ever be peace on earth without the physical presence--once again--of the Prince of Peace Himself. It'll never happen like that. God's Word says it won't.

What follows is a portion of a communique between myself and another Christian not so very long ago. I believe it speaks well to the appropriate response to have (at least for myself, anyway) towards the hostility of the gospel that will continue to happen with greater and greater intensity as we approach the climax of the age:

"Well, I never meant to offend you or the other Christians here (speaking for my part in the whole affair). I'm just convinced that Jesus--who was Himself the very Rock of 'offence' (Isa. 8:14; Rom. 9:33; I Peter 2:8, KJV)--is still telling me what He first told the world at Matt. 5:11-12, and that if I can never allow myself an 'insult' or two for His sake from the relatively easy venue of the web (because I really don't care about 'popularity'), I'm not doing much good at reciprocating to Him the love He's giving me.

The church has gone for a long time trying to spread the Word as 'The Gospel According to the World's Palatability'. It hasn't worked very well. A Sword that is 'sharper than any (other) two-edged sword' (Heb. 4:12) is bound to inevitably bring forth some 'cutting' remarks if it isn't sheathed (once again) in the scabbard of palatability. My only 'excuse' for anything is Acts 4:20."

He who has ears....(etc.)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.07
  • Days Won:  78

I see what you mean, Doowop; there's too much of this making everything palatable going on. The Lord's message is the same one delivered over two thousand years ago. Nothing has changed. I, personally, don't care who is offended by the Truth; I will speak it anyway. Those who are 'offended' will hate me but I just remind myself that they hated Him first. :cool: