• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

Can anyone forget this date? I was getting ready to go to work. My husband and I worked at the same place, and homeschooled our daughter. She was able to go with us. We lived in an area where we didn't get television reception, but that was OK since we don't watch TV anyway. The phone rang and it was our son. "Dad, have you seen the news"? We turned on the TV, and for some strange reason we were able to get reception. Those images are burned into my mind and the feelings are still easily brought to the surface. Watching thos planes being flown into the World Trade Center, the Pentagon, that field in Pennsylvania. What horrid images, but what heroism came to the surface. Those courageous people who did not allow the final plane to hit its target...the firemen, the policemen, the red cross, all those who risked their lives to save others.

There is evil in this world and those hijackers mistakenly believed they would be richly rewarded by their god for doing this evil. The truth is, their god is evil. He is the father of lies. Today these men fully understand that they were deceived, but there are others who are still living in America and around the world who have bought into this lie. Christians, we need to stand on the Truth - hold fast to Jesus the Christ. We need to keep Him in our hearts so we don't hate, but we need to remove this evil from our nation.

Pray for America. Pray for our pastors that they preach only God's true word. Pray that Christians will stand firmly upon God's word and not be caught offguard by the lies of Satan.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,166
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

Can anyone forget this date? I was getting ready to go to work. My husband and I worked at the same place, and homeschooled our daughter. She was able to go with us. We lived in an area where we didn't get television reception, but that was OK since we don't watch TV anyway. The phone rang and it was our son. "Dad, have you seen the news"? We turned on the TV, and for some strange reason we were able to get reception. Those images are burned into my mind and the feelings are still easily brought to the surface. Watching thos planes being flown into the World Trade Center, the Pentagon, that field in Pennsylvania. What horrid images, but what heroism came to the surface. Those courageous people who did not allow the final plane to hit its target...the firemen, the policemen, the red cross, all those who risked their lives to save others.

There is evil in this world and those hijackers mistakenly believed they would be richly rewarded by their god for doing this evil. The truth is, their god is evil. He is the father of lies. Today these men fully understand that they were deceived, but there are others who are still living in America and around the world who have bought into this lie. Christians, we need to stand on the Truth - hold fast to Jesus the Christ. We need to keep Him in our hearts so we don't hate, but we need to remove this evil from our nation.

Pray for America. Pray for our pastors that they preach only God's true word. Pray that Christians will stand firmly upon God's word and not be caught offguard by the lies of Satan.

<>< ><>

Nathele

:wub:

yes i remember i was on my way to visit my grandma before work ( i did not have the chance to see her over the weekend so i got up very early to drive to see her) i was somewhere between cohoton and bath when it came on the Chrisitan radio station. when i got to the nursing home we watched some of it together. she asked if we were at war and i said i looks like it grama. she was concerned it might be the war to end all wars and i reminded her the very worse that could happen is that we would be with Jesus. she laughed lol. after we hugged and prayed, i went to my parents house to wake them. i called my children and told them i loved them and to hang on to Jesus' promises. as i watched the news unfold during the next day or so i was surprized to hear that bombs had been planted in Jordon as well. it appears that they were hoping to start the war to end all wars trying for the feast of trumpets which was the next day.

i can not imagine the pain and sorrow the families of all involved have lived through. i pray that the Lord used this to draw others to Him and comfort those who are grieving and to heal the horror the rescue workers lived through.

i believe it was a wake up call for our country. sadly it appears it just stirred us in our sleep.

it is also my son's birthday.

love your sister in Christ,

Rebekah David

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,075
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  3

God bless the HEROES we lost on that tragic day and God bless their families.

:):24::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

We will never forget!!!!

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,884
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

Remembering The victims Whose Lives Were Lost And Their Families On September 11th, 2001. God Bless America!!!

Guest HIS girl

I remember it clearly - it was my youngest son's 2nd birthday (Sept 12th in Aus) and we spent all day in front of the tv glued watching incomprehensable events unfolding via live news coverage.

It's still unbelievable.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  519
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  04/28/1980

It started as a beutiful morning, in southern GA. I was stationed at FT Stewart I went into the office made coffee and was beginning the days work. FOX the station of choice was playing throughout the day as we did everyday. Sometime around 10 in the morning we put are coffees down to wathing a plane fly into the world trade center building. At first we thought this must be some sort of horrible accident. That was until the second plane hit, We all new that thing were going to change forever. Then when the pentegon was hit all I could think about was war. I left the biiulding that day around 11 pm with armed gaurds securing the building not just the HQ were I worked but everybuilding. Yes life changed after that, and we will never forget.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,884
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

I was watching the Today Show, back in Ohio where I lived at the time. All of a sudden, there was a "break" in the news, that something had hit a building.

That was the beginning of a very bad movie that never ended. I saw the first building burning, and a bit later, the second building being hit by a plane. From there was Washington and then Pennsylvania. The entire sequence of events still "seemed" like a bad movie, never ending.

I guess I watched almost continously from that point for many days. That evening, there was a special prayer meeting at church. We all know the events for many months, the loss of so many lives, the changes in lives of those rescued and saved, the testimonies of many Christians and their impact on victims of that terrible day.

On Friday, September 14th, 2001, after watching a "Memorial", I developed a "Memory" bookmark, which I still make until this day. One side is The Pledge of Allegiance, and the other in memory of those that were lost.

The changes in us shall remain (those in the USA). The tragedies of that day, impacted so many lives, and families, and many have not recovered emotionally.

Remembering the victims whose lives were lost and their families on September 11th, 2001. God bless America

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  399
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

My husband woke me up just in time to see the second plane hit the second tower. I sat there in horror watching live; as the towers came down and I wondered; "how many lives Lord?" Horror gave way to outrage and I turned to my husband and said to him; "the world will never be the same after today."

That evening I attended an emergency prayer meeting at my church; we were all so wounded and confused. My pastor stood up and with tears flowing he said; "today was a bad day...." I wept openly. I wept for the people who lost their lives, their loved ones, and our nation. The most bitter of my tears however, were over my own feelings of outrage and hate for those who perpetrated such evil. I was forced to confront myself in a way I had never had to before.....and I struggled.

"Forgive them Father; for they know not what they do." That verse, it kept coming at me, and I didn't want to listen. I was so angry and bitter. Even now, I struggle with those feelings; and that verse comes back like an echo....."Forgive them Father; for they know not what they do." I whisper that to myself in an act of trust and submission.......as a mantra to protect my own soul from bitterness and hate.

(sigh) Anyway, that is what I remember.

Edited by elizabetht

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  613
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  04/02/1959

How could we ever forget........and still it did not bring America to her knees in honest repentance...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  104
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  08/21/1981

It's hard to believe it was 8 years ago. Seem's like yesterday.