• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.95
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

Jesus was not killed. Abusa is correct.

Jesus was in total control the entire time. Certain things had to be done to be in line with prophecy.

I just finished a study entitled " The Cross ", and in this study it is shown that Jesus was not killed.

Now the Romans and Pharisee's may have thought they were killing Him, but they were not.

Our Lord Jesus did not lose His life at the hands of any human, but rather He gave up His life after all had been fulfilled.

So in a way he committed suicide?

:emot-questioned: ... no, He allowed them to take His life. I don't read where He nailed Himself to the cross, do you?

Nope. His gave His life, which the Romans took. My question was rhetorical.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.95
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

it's kind of like these two case scenarios:

case one. a gentleman is walking down the street. a "bad guy" comes along, beats him up, and steals his money.

case two. a gentleman is walking down the street. a "bad guy" comes along, beats him up, and the gentleman hands the bad guy his money.

the result in both cases is the same: the gentleman is beaten up and his money is gone. but in case one, his money was stolen (which would be Jesus being killed); in case two, he willingly gave it (like Jesus willingly giving up His life).

in a way it is semantics, but in another way it's not.

That's the worst analogy I've seen in a while. In case two, the man would not have offered up the money if the robber had not beat him. He willingly gave up nothing, unlike Christ.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,901
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  29

Yes, Jesus was killed. Not to guide away from your topic, I want to touch base about your comment on unbelief. I marvel (in a good way) at the insight of some of these topics. As, you have stated (and many times), Jesus would have to point out when faith was lacking. My take, Jesus is a teacher, who mission is to get everything corrected, that's why He pointed out the unbelief of those that followed Him. He does it to us now, through The Holy Spirit. When we walk in the natural ( oh the flesh sound sooo sinful :o ) and we all have, unbelief appears and just as the disciple, God's ruler (Jesus) comes and pops our hands to get us back on track. We, must not let unbelief cause us to not press forward, we must learn from it and move on. Lamentation 3:22-23 says, Through the Lord's mercies we are not consumed. Because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness. Before being killed, Jesus prayed for the disciples that was with Him, and those to come...us, and those that will follow. John 17:9-12, 20-21 states: "I pray for them. I do not pray for the world but for those whom You have given Me, for they are Yours. "And all Mine are Yours, and Yours are Mine, and I am glorified in them. "Now I am no longer in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to You. Holy Father, keep through Your name those whom You have given Me, that they may be one as We are. While I was with them in the world, I kept them in Your name. Those whom You gave Me I have kept, and none of them is lost except the son of perdition, that the Scripture might be fulfilled. I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word; that they may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You send Me. Jesus even had His moment in the book of Mark 14:34&36, while praying in Gethsemane: Sit here while I pray He instructs the disciples, Then He said to them, My soul is exceedingly sorrowful, even unto death..(out of Jesus mouth...death). Verse 36..Abba, Father, all things are possible for You...see Jesus too knew that all thing are possible.. Take this cup away from Me; for He too wanted to be finish with His situation... but goes to say 'nevertheless, not what I will, but what You will'. Facing sorrow and death, Christ paused for a moment....as an example....His example to us....sometimes life will seem over welling, to the point of sorrow, we may have to pause for a moment, but if we allow the Holy Spirit to encourage our heart, then we will overcome as He have. Jesus was perfect in every way, so much that He knew, He had to leave these encouraging scriptures to help us along the way....jotful :emot-hug:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  01/11/1966

I have read how with so much passion contributions have been made to the fact that Jesus was killed on the cross. I wrote to say that many believers believe IN Jesus yet do not believe him. Tell me, do you believe what Jesus said in John 10:18 I quote: No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father. As a true statement or false? Did Jesus lie? Since you are claiming that his life was taken by man.

If it is false then you believe IN Jesus but do not believe him. He said this HIMSELF yet you would rather believe the disciples that say he was killed?

Your master says NO ONE can take his life and you claim some one did?

We who know that he was not killed are not saying that he did not suffer pain or torture, he did as written in Psalms.

No one has said it is suicide. Have you ever seen a person that commits suicide decide the exact moment the spirit leaves him?

Jesus said no one, believe his word or believe the disciples, the choice is yours.

Do you know what, I caused Jesus to die because of my sin but I did not take his life, he took it because he loves me. If therefore I caused Jesus to die, you can rightly say I "killed" him because of my sin. This I am guilty.

I believe IN him and every word that comes from his mouth.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I think I understand.

First, no one is arguing that Jesus did not die.

The question is whether He died from asphyxiation (what I understand a crucified person actually dies from) or released His spirit from His body once all the prophecies had been fulfilled.

Many people believe that "blood and water" flowed from Jesus' side after the Roman soldier pierced it because his physical heart had broken . . . which I don't think the crucifixion could have done.

It doesn't deny any of the pain and suffering He went through.

Consider: the Bible notes Jesus died sooner than was normal (Pilate was surprised He died so soon), Jesus died after He declared completion ("It is finished!"), and as was noted in a previous post He died right at the time of the Passover sacrifice.

Jesus was killed, but yet He dictated the moment of death, not circumstances.

It's one of many paradoxes in the Bible.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

I have read how with so much passion contributions have been made to the fact that Jesus was killed on the cross. I wrote to say that many believers believe IN Jesus yet do not believe him. Tell me, do you believe what Jesus said in John 10:18 I quote: No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father. As a true statement or false? Did Jesus lie? Since you are claiming that his life was taken by man.

If it is false then you believe IN Jesus but do not believe him. He said this HIMSELF yet you would rather believe the disciples that say he was killed?

Your master says NO ONE can take his life and you claim some one did?

We who know that he was not killed are not saying that he did not suffer pain or torture, he did as written in Psalms.

No one has said it is suicide. Have you ever seen a person that commits suicide decide the exact moment the spirit leaves him?

Jesus said no one, believe his word or believe the disciples, the choice is yours.

Do you know what, I caused Jesus to die because of my sin but I did not take his life, he took it because he loves me. If therefore I caused Jesus to die, you can rightly say I "killed" him because of my sin. This I am guilty.

I believe IN him and every word that comes from his mouth.

So do you believe He was crucified, died and was buried?

22"What shall I do, then, with Jesus who is called Christ?" Pilate asked.

They all answered, "Crucify him!"

23"Why? What crime has he committed?" asked Pilate.

But they shouted all the louder, "Crucify him!"

24When Pilate saw that he was getting nowhere, but that instead an uproar was starting, he took water and washed his hands in front of the crowd. "I am innocent of this man's blood," he said. "It is your responsibility!"

25All the people answered, "Let his blood be on us and on our children!"

26Then he released Barabbas to them. But he had Jesus flogged, and handed him over to be crucified.

Did the above happen?

I am not saying that Christ did not let this happen, indeed what did He say?

7'The Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, be crucified and on the third day be raised again.' " 8Then they remembered his words.

Delivered into the hands of sinful men and be crucified. Jesus needed to do that, but He was executed by sinful men, otherwise indeed it was suicide or worse a parlor stunt, no it was real. Men have no power over Him unless He allows it I agree with that totally. But in this case He allowed Himself to die a humiliating rotten death, for us.

I simply do not wish to take away from that utterly unique thing that He did for us, we do not want to be like the Muslims who refuse to believe in a God who loves us and would die for us who would humble Himself to wicked human beings.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

How beautiful huh? We can't even take the credit for killing Him, because He laid down His own life for us. The work of man offers naught.

Eph 2:8 (NKJV)

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; [it is] the gift of God,

"He chose the nails."

Amen!

And It Was Joy That Held Him To That Cross

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Hebrews 12:2

I Love You LORD Jesus

>>>>()<<<<

How beautiful huh? We can't even take the credit for killing Him, because He laid down His own life for us. The work of man offers naught.

Eph 2:8 (NKJV) For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; [it is] the gift of God,

Amen!

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Romans 8:5

I Love You Daddy

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Romans 8:5

I Love You Daddy

:thumbsup:

Thank you Jesus! Oh with such casualness we discuss how He laid down His life. But what an amazing thing He did!

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  01/11/1966

No one must take light what happened on the cross, it was not a small thing. Yet, no one must say Jesus is a liar for saying that no one can take his life. Some one has quoted Jesus saying that the son of man shall be taken to be crucified.

I think that we must understand that one can be crucified and one hour later or even 6 hours later be removed from the cross VERY ALIVE yet was crucified. Crucifixion is not killing. Have you not seen in East Asia crucifixions that take place every Easter period YET NO ONE DIES? Please! Please! no one is saying that Jesus did not die, he died and on th third day rose again.