• Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/11/1966

Was Jesus Killed?

Jesus said this about his death:

(Joh 2:19) Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

He was talking of his body yet they thought he was talking of the Physical Temple. In another place he said:

(Joh 10:17) Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.

(Joh 10:18) No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

He was commanded to die and to rise again by his Father, so what happened at crucifixion? Was he killed by the Romans?

In my walk with Jesus, I have come to notice that most believers believe in Jesus but do not believe him. Thus even when I read about him asking his disciples, for how long they have been with him yet know him not, I am not surprised. Most of those that say they walk with Jesus know him not (John 17:3) and therefore do not believe his word. The same goes with knowing God the Father and believing the words of Jesus which he said,

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

I think if you look at this from two different perspectives, it will become clearer.

From the perspective of Jesus, Jesus KNEW they were going to kill Him, and yet He willingly walked towards the cross and His death. In this sense, He chose to lay down His life. From the perspective of the Romans, they killed Him. I do not believe they realised that He was the Christ, and that He was willingly laying down His life. He was killed, because He laid down His life. How did He lay down His life? By willingly surrendering to the Romans to be killed.

:)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Yes, Jesus was killed. He could have stopped it, but he didn't for our sake..... but the Romans killed him at the request of Jewish priests.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

Of course Jesus was killed and died and was physically buried and yet rose again from the dead, He defeated death once and for all.

It is a lie of Satan himself to claim other wise. This is what Muslims believe about Jesus, that He did not die but ascended directly to God. This idea is heresy and one cannot be a Christian and intentionally believe such a thing.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

Jesus was not killed. Abusa is correct.

Jesus was in total control the entire time. Certain things had to be done to be in line with prophecy.

I just finished a study entitled " The Cross ", and in this study it is shown that Jesus was not killed.

Now the Romans and Pharisee's may have thought they were killing Him, but they were not.

Our Lord Jesus did not lose His life at the hands of any human, but rather He gave up His life after all had been fulfilled.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  399
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

"He chose the nails."

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.95
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

Jesus was in total control the entire time. Certain things had to be done to be in line with prophecy.

I just finished a study entitled " The Cross ", and in this study it is shown that Jesus was not killed.

Now the Romans and Pharisee's may have thought they were killing Him, but they were not.

Our Lord Jesus did not lose His life at the hands of any human, but rather He gave up His life after all had been fulfilled.

So in a way he committed suicide?

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

:emot-questioned: ... no, He allowed them to take His life. I don't read where He nailed Himself to the cross, do you?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

:emot-questioned: ... no, He allowed them to take His life. I don't read where He nailed Himself to the cross, do you?

He allowed them to kill him, so he was killed..... other than that you would have to say he committed suicide...... and I can't go there. He was killed.

Guest shiloh357
He died yes, but he was not killed.

This correct. If Jesus was not killed, murdered, martyred, executed. Jesus died when He chose to die. The cross could not kill Jesus. Jesus died at 3 pm when the Passover lamb was killed in the Temple. Jesus gave up his Spirit, according to the Bible. None of us can do that. If Jesus had wanted to hang on the cross for 100 years, He could have and no one could have done anything about it. Jesus was in complete control of the events surrounding His death. Jesus as God exercised complete power over death and died when He wanted to die and not a moment too soon or too late.

Jesus death was the voluntary giving of His own life. (sacrifice) It was not an act where it was taken from Him (killed). If Jesus were killed, His death was not a sacrifice, and that poses a lot of major problems since the Bible teaches that Jesus was the final sacrifice for sin.