• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  828
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/28/1980

2:4-7 says that man was created in the day that the lord God made the earth and heavens

As explained - there is no contradiction if translated and understood correctly. Do you have proof that the Bible contradicts true science or are you mistaken (5th request)?

No sure don't.

Okay

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  08/26/1980

I grow tired of these conversations where people are so dead set that science contradicts the bible and that the bible is nothing more than a mere book, yet when their house of cards falls down they simply retreat to old arguments or refuse to answer.

I'm done here, PM me when you have something new to bring to the table and we can go from there.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  08/26/1980

Answered those questions in the other thread horizoneast - How do you tell whether something is literal or

not ? When Jesus says these are the last days do you consider what he says to be literal? When He says this is my body which is broken referring to the bread was it symbolism? When the psalms say the rocks will cry out does it mean that they will form mouths and become sentient beings? Or when levitical law calls a woman unclean because she is on her period does that make her so? But... When someone dares to question gen1 and not take it literal all of a sudden he is a blasphemer!

When you read the bible there are certainparts that are meant as a metaphor, but when you read through the bible and see the writting styles used by the people God used to record his word you will see that it becomes fairly easy to tell-if you take a moment to look it over-which parts are meant as literal and which parts are meant as figurative.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

What is it with Christians and carbon dating?

Maybe this: Carbon 14

Or comments and observations like this: "Finally, Dr. Libby and the evolutionist crowd have assumed that all plant and animal life utilize carbon-14 equally as they do carbon-12. To be grammatically crass, this ain

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

For those who still believe that evolution is what should be accepted over creationism, or that evolution fits into creationism, spend a small amount of $20 and purchase God of Wonders, or if you use Netflix, you can rent it. They touch things from the makeup of DNA to the Universe, from flowers to man and everything in between.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  175
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

I grow tired of these conversations where people are so dead set that science contradicts the bible and that the bible is nothing more than a mere book, yet when their house of cards falls down they simply retreat to old arguments or refuse to answer.

I'm done here, PM me when you have something new to bring to the table and we can go from there.

It doesn't contradict science? It contradicts the five senses, common sense, reason, logic and all things scientific. Meaning, specifically, that there is no proof (i.e. no evidence) of God (which god? choose any one - there is still no evidence). Therefore, in that sense, science contradicts God.

Maybe this: Carbon 14

If you have any specific meaningful question or problem with C-14 dating, I will be glad to answer it, but PLEASE don't say random silly things, or the scientists here won't take you seriously.

Edited by ConScience

I only read the last page of this thread, but last I checked, nonbelievers don't have PM priveliges, so 'PM me' is a pretty poor request to make.

It's not the only illogical remark that appears on this board!

I think it's important to put an end to this C-14 debate once and for all. If you accept that gravity is a 'fact' (meaning that it can be approximated by 9.81 m/s/s), then just accept C-14 dating. It's a 'fact', meaning that, within a reasonable tolerance, it's accurate back to around 50,000 years ago. There is no debate on this. Any example that I have see that has 'found' carbon dating to be 'wrong' is completely nonsensical. No serious scientist believes that C-14 is wrong - even those scientists that believe in God (or gods).