• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

Can someone explain to me the Jewish tradition of Jubilee?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

Can someone explain to me the Jewish tradition of Jubilee?

If you are talking about the year of Jubilee it happened every 49 years 7x7 = 49 it is known as the year of release. Those who were in debt was released from their debt that they owed.

The people of Israel had to let their land rest for one year which was a sabbath as nobody could till the land and plant as they could only eat what was on the land during that one year. This year of Jubilee happened at the ending of the sabbatical years. There are plenty of good websites that goes into great detail on the subject great subject to study. Those sites on the Year of Jubilee are very easy to find.

Now if you are revering to the feast of Jubilee it is different from the year of Jubilee.

The feast of jubilee was held every 15th year.

Leviticus 25:8---"And thou shalt number seven sabbaths of years unto thee, seven times seven years; and the space of the seven sabbaths of years shall be unto thee fourty and nine years."

And there are plenty of websites on this as well that are real easy to find. You just have to be careful to get the right numbers of months and years.

I hope in what little I had to say, will help you.

oc