• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/16/1962

I have had three miraculous healings in my body, and a couple of deliverances from substance abuse, without withdrawals, so there is no doubt in my mind that the gifts of The Spirit are real,

Healing = Gifts of the Spirit? :t2:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  764
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

I have had three miraculous healings in my body, and a couple of deliverances from substance abuse, without withdrawals, so there is no doubt in my mind that the gifts of The Spirit are real,

Healing = Gifts of the Spirit? :t2:

It is one of the gifts.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  340
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Have any of you heard of the book "When Heaven Invades Earth!" by Bill Johnson? I have been to his church many times, and have interviewed many people from the area he pastors in that are not Christians who have been affected by his church.

He teaches that the gifts are for the whole body, and that they belong on the street where the fish are. His church from the youngest members to the most elderly are walking in signs and wonders. The stories I heard from even homosexuals who hated Christians before being whammied by God through these people are astonishing.

And these are major healings and words of knowledge.

Examples:

1.22year old Mexican who is only a year old in the Lord walks into bars to minister healing all the time. Here is just one story. "I ask the bartender if it would be alright for me to pray for his customers. He says yes. The Lord told me someone had a bad right elbow. I go from table to table seeking out this person. In the process, many get saved, and 5 get healed. But I cannot find the bad elbow. Thought I missed it. As I was leaving someone in a dark corner called out to me, and asked if I would pray for his right elbow."

2:Lesbian couple with blended family who were my maids at my hotel: "Had just called an agency that helps out with feeding our children. We were real short on money, and had nothing to feed the kids. They told us that we would have to wait till next week to get help. That we had already got our quota for the month.

I decided to go personally to plea with them because of the children. On the bus over there a young lady comes to me and tells me of my situation. She tells me that God loves me so much that He has already changed their heart, and they have the check ready to send the next day. I was so stunned by how she could know this information, but I still couldn't believe it was true. When I got to the office, the person I talked to told me that they had had a change of heart, and that they had made a check out for us to send tomorrow. She handed me the check, and all I could do was run to the bathroom and fall on my face and praise this God who showed me He loved even me."

I should tell you this about them. A relative of theirs is now working with them, and slowly but surely helping them out of the many bondages they are under of which homosexuality is but one.

3:A young man is eating his dinner in a Dennys, and the Lord speaks to him about His wanting to heal people there. So he picks up his glass and fork and dings it several times. He tells the people if they need healing, that God is there to heal. At first no one comes up to him to ask for healing, but then someone comes, gets healed and then falls to the ground under the Holy Spirit. (Unless of course you believe that the devil announced to the crowd that Jesus healed this person, and then knocked them down.)

Soon, much of the restaurant is lying on the floor after being healed of different ailments and hurts of the past. Even the staff. There was one complaint. A Christian who didn't believe in the gifts, balled out the young man for the "indecency and disorder." Many of these people were saved and healed, but all this person could see was it wasn't like he was used to.

I could tell you dozens of stories like this. This church is seeing so many healings that they hired 2 fulltime people to document them, and they are 2 months behind, and the list is growing. Over 35 churches in the area from all different denominations are working with them doing this now. And there are no superstars. I met children who have prayed for wheelchair bound people, and seen complete healings. Couldn't tell you their names because it isn't about a person, but about Jesus.

Get the book! It will challenge you to believe that God actually is God. And He has given us permission to provide an encounter with God to everyone we meet.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  728

"Healing has everything to do with faith in God, and very little to do with people."

Yep, thats what i said. :rofl:

And that was my point. When you go to these healing services there is only 1 person glorified. The "healer" who usually plants his "people" in the crowd for mock healings.

But, Jedi, if you want to think so, then here you go. :o

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  728

I think they are plainly unbiblical.

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

when we are afflicted, we need to pray,

when we are ill, we are to call on the elders and have them pray.....

healings takes place not only in the church buildings during a service, but also on the street corner, in the livingrooms of houses, in the beds in the homes and hospitals, and even in grocery stores.....

the circus ordeal is not ( imho ) to lift the Name of God up , but to lift the name of the preacher up...... who is to receive the glory????

some people have started coming down on the evangelist, big name evangelist, we have to stop and look at who is being elevated..... God ??? or man?

mike

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  05/16/1962

some people have started coming down on the evangelist, big name evangelist, we have to stop and look at who is being elevated..... God ??? or man?

Yup. :cool:

Guest Calvin12
I conducted healing serves and now teach a class on how to minister healing and see almost weekly the healing power of God.

I would say we can not generalize about healing services as a whole.

I have found it does not need to be at a healing service since I have seen healing even when I prayed for someone over the phone or by email as well as in person

See: http://home.san.rr.com/healng/miracles

Can you ask God to heal my mental illness? I have made some progress in getting better but I need to get even better. I would like to be healed and go back to work.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  267
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  02/14/1958

I  conducted healing serves and now teach a class on how to minister healing and see almost weekly the healing power of God.

I would  say we can not generalize about healing services as a whole.

I have found it does not need to be at a healing service since I have seen healing even when I prayed for someone over the phone or by email as well as in person

See: http://home.san.rr.com/healng/miracles

Can you ask God to heal my mental illness? I have made some progress in getting better but I need to get even better. I would like to be healed and go back to work.

hhhmmm not to be rude :t:

BUT DO YOU ASK JESUS TO ATTEND YOUR healing sevices???? :D

He is the one who heals me and I don't go to a service for it :D

When two or more are gathered. :D

Love

K

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  340
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Calvin,

I pray right now Holy Spirit that you will touch my brother and make him whole. Reach down into his mind and mend the areas that are broken. Cause every neuron to function properly, and give him a thankful and cheerful mindset. Touch any depression or other types of illness with your loving power. Show this brother just how much you care for him. Give him hope in Jesus name. Amen!

God bless you and heal you brother.