• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

In Genesis the story of the Tower of Babel, God spread apart the people across the world and created the different human cultures from what was originally one human people. Well, I was sitting here in my room looking at a wolrd map i have plastered to my wall..... could it be, this explains the way the land formations and continents are today? As you know, some people belive that all the continents used to fit together at one time. I belive this too.. here are the maps.

Pangaea Super-continent (theoretical map)

http://www.nsf.gov/news/mmg/media/images/pangaea_f.jpg

Today's World

http://go.hrw.com/atlas/norm_map/world.gif

Here is a video which explains the Pangaea theory

How Pangaea was formed

Genesis 11

The Tower of Babel

1 At one time all the people of the world spoke the same language and used the same words. 2 As the people migrated to the east, they found a plain in the land of Babylonia[a] and settled there.

3 They began saying to each other, “Let’s make bricks and harden them with fire.” (In this region bricks were used instead of stone, and tar was used for mortar.) 4 Then they said, “Come, let’s build a great city for ourselves with a tower that reaches into the sky. This will make us famous and keep us from being scattered all over the world.”

5 But the Lord came down to look at the city and the tower the people were building. 6 “Look!” he said. “The people are united, and they all speak the same language. After this, nothing they set out to do will be impossible for them! 7 Come, let’s go down and confuse the people with different languages. Then they won’t be able to understand each other.”

8 In that way, the Lord scattered them all over the world, and they stopped building the city. 9 That is why the city was called Babel, because that is where the Lord confused the people with different languages. In this way he scattered them all over the world.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me mention some other connections I've noticed.

1. I'm from Eritrea which is in East Africa, I noticed that our traditional food and the traditional food of Indians are very similar and we have many similar dishes. When the theoretical Pangaea was together, India was connected with Africa with relatively close proximity to where my country Eritrea is.. That is Somalia, Ethiopia. We all share very similar cultural dishes.

2. I had a Colombian friend who told me that Brazilians feel a deep connection with Africans than the Hispanic world. Their music, and culture sort of reflect this in many ways. Again, Brazil was connected to Africa from the west-eastern side of the connected with the Pangaea map.

3. A Chinese friend of mine told me that the Chinese believe that Native American Indians are originally Chinese. Which explains the way they look. Their body and facial structure is very similar to the Chinese and other Asians. Especially here in Canada where I am. Canadian native Indians are also very much seafood eaters like modern day Asians.

This is all so very interesting stuff! Scientist don't know what caused the tectonic plates to shift in the first place. I believe however, we can draw the connection to the Biblical story of Babel.

Guest HIS girl

It's quite interesting isn't it Blien and the way the land masses seem to fit together looks as if to confirm it.(Pangaea)

Just talking about Australia itself - There is an area in India where the folks look like a certain group of Australian Aboriginals.

Also, I know someone who went to one of our famous landmarks recently ULURU or it's former name, Eyres Rock, (the large red rock in Central Australia) - where the tour guide mentioned Ancient Egyptians having dealings with the Australian Aborigines thousands of years ago through trade. (The Egyptians actually having set foot on Australian turf).

Another thing - my father fought the Japanese in WW2 in PNG (Papua New Guinea), and he mentioned the fact that there was a village in the Highlands (New Guinea side not Papua(Papua is coastal)) where the villagers were dead ringers for Japanese - from the eye shape to the striaght black hair (New Guinea Highlanders have the short tight frizzy curls). Yet they were living in the exact conditions and customs as the Highlanders.

One last thing - in Korea or Taiwan - there are peoples who look Tongan/Samoan - Polynesian....

Guest HIS girl

I forgot to mention (this is interesting). Where I work, we have a lot of Nth African refugees (Muslims). It's astounding that some of the kids and adults have black skin YET their features are staggeringly similar to Caucasian. (Very very similar). I did a double take with one man - it was amazing.

Very interesting indeed... thanks for sharing that HISGirl! I guess we have more reading to do on the Bible to see if we can pickup clues about this whole topic.. and maybe even the Dinosaurs we are finding. Apparently, Dinosaurs used to travel around at this same time.. here is what one article said.

"Fossils of Mesosaurus (one of the first marine reptiles, even older than the dinosaurs) were found in both South America and South Africa. These finds, plus the study of sedimentation and the fossil plant Glossopteris in these southern continents led Alexander duToit, a South African scientist, to bolster the idea of the past existence of a supercontinent in the southern hemisphere, Eduard Suess's Gondwanaland. This lent further support to A. Wegener's Continental Drift Theory"

Guest HIS girl

It is interesting for sure.

The timeline is difficult though considering the age of the earth and the different opinions of the age etc.

Australia has a wealth of dinosaur fossils... :noidea:

Well... I think God can give us clarity if we pray to Him about it. :noidea: It's said that Australia and Antarctica used to be together. If I read the articles correctly, some of the Dinosaurs found in Australia are said to be be adapted to colder climates.

Guest HIS girl

'Blien' -

3. A Chinese friend of mine told me that the Chinese believe that Native American Indians are originally Chinese. Which explains the way they look. Their body and facial structure is very similar to the Chinese and other Asians. Especially here in Canada where I am. Canadian native Indians are also very much seafood eaters like modern day Asians.

This seems to fit.

I heard or read somewhere that the Polynesians have Asian origins - either Taiwan or Korea - it's one of those countries where there is an area of darker skinned Asians. So "descendants" would be the Hawaiins, Samoans, Tongans, NZ Moaris, Tahitians, Cook Islanders..

The Melanesians of PNG are also said to hark back to Asian origins. Even the New Guinea Highlanders - well if you go to the Philippines and Indonesia, they are darker skinned Asians.

Easter Island is a funny one I believe - I THINK they were more Native American peoples rather than Polynesian.....(I'm not 100% about that though).

My mother was from Papua New Guinea(the Coastal side closest to Aus) and my father white Australian Blien, and in my mothers language, we have similar/same words as Hawaiins - and if you look at the world map, Hawaii is a long way from PNG.

My mother had cultural tattoos and they were strikingly similar to the Moari tattooing, in that she had some on her chin and also on her back and wrists - this was an identity procedure - areas had their own tatoo patterns.

I think this would be a good time to share this website. I found it some time ago, and its pretty interesting. The author goes into some detail about how the tectonic plates shifted around and all that. I'm not saying all this is true, but he set out to explain things according to the natural laws & everything works out without the need for miracles all over the place. He even got the part right about NASA finding salt on Mars . . .

Compelling Evidence for Creation & the Flood